This faggot just got 100% btfo forever by scott adams

this faggot just got 100% btfo forever by scott adams

why are lib intellectuals so weak?

>not Veeky Forums
anyway according to /pol/ he lost, according to harris' fans he won and scott adams is just a troll. who is the impartial judge that can tell me truth? as i won't go through all that fucking podcast

what's the tl;dr of the podcast? I don't have two hours for Sam Harris

the tl'dr of all sam harris podcasts is that he is a genius and others either get it or don't

the tl'dr of all sam harris podcasts is that he is a dumbass and others either get it or don't

Scott Adams has such a soothing voice.

Sammie's emotions got the best of him and went full reductio ad hitlerum and Adams said 'can we say that I've won now?'

It was all good fun though. Worth a listen, Adams seems great.

Can we stop posting about this fucking idiot. I'd rather listen to Mike Tyson philosophizing.

Mike Tyson and SteveO were locked in a bathroom for three hours snorting cocaine trying to solve racism. Now that is a podcast I'd listen to in full.

That's not saying much, Iron Mike reads Nietzsche and Kierkegaard.

For all the posturing he does as a detached and rational thinker, Harris is an astonishingly terrible debater. For Christ's sake, William Lane Craig of all people logically out-maneuvered him while Harris couldn't even keep himself focused the fucking debate topic.

while I agree with you I don't think you can't just say Craig is a lightweight on debates

Harris is a lib? WTF?

Ben stiller might be a masterdebater but Scotty's a bonafide hypnotist.

The guy never stood a chance

Craig is a good debater, but he's also dogmatic enough in his Christianity that he shouldn't be the fucking Final Boss for the self-proclaimed solver of secular morality.

neoliberal

Does ANYONE take Harris' claim to have solved morality seriously? Anyone besides Veeky Forums and Reddit atheists? Does anyone treat his "solution" with any respect on the philosophical level?

>Does ANYONE take Harris' claim to have solved morality seriously?

Obviously. Have you SEEN his following?

Outside of basic bitch New Atheist plebs? Not really. He's mostly regarded as a pretty disreputable hack by serious academics in all the fields he penetrates. I mean, Daniel Dennett is on good terms with him, and Dennett is a genuinely reputable as an intellectual, but the two are at odds on pretty much every philosophical belief outside the basic premise of atheism.

honestly what I've noticed with these "followings" is just bandwagoning on whoever they think has the most authoritative stance on an issue, where authoritative means effectively snarky rhetoric.

I dont think many of his "following" actually critically engages with what he is proposing on any level. Its just a trump card to pull out in internet arguments...

christians can be incredibly stupid as a generality, but one thing you do have to give credit to the apologists for is they actually take the time to seriously consider the issues, even if they are biased from their upbringing, and even if the answers they come up with are retarded.

This is in contrast to what I typically experience with self proclaimed atheists, where they seem to have the attention span of somebody weened on the internet (and that is usually the case).. a hodgepodge of disjointed thoughts and opinions, coupled with choice memes from video clips they thought were real "mic drop!" moments and couldnt wait to try it on some sucker IRL and then inevitably get furious when it doesnt really have that much of an impact

>He's mostly regarded as a pretty disreputable hack by serious academics
name one, I take it that "serious academics" fall under people who agree with you

How long do you think it will be until I visit this board and do not see this fucking picture?

You will die first.
SAUCE!

His following of easily swayed /pol/lacks and Redditors? Yes.

Simon Blackburn

And yeah, no shit the people who don't like Sam Harris are people who agree with me on at least one notion, you fucking idiot.

>the episode is called Triggered
At least he's got a sense of humor about it

You will only be able to cite academic philosophers who all disagree with each other anyway.

Simon Blackburn doesn't make much sense to me on a lot of topics either.

Scott Adams is the modern Sophist, just practicing his word weaving skills making linguistic baskets out of vocal strands

He doesnt say much and his juju is meant to convince you that hes emotionally right

Harris is akin to Plato here, convinced the Sophists are evil, suggesting the Truth and Reason will free Man from the trickster (JP is calling) webs the Sophist spins

Harris is a sad parody of a man stuck in a determined universe where noticing that your thoughts happen to you and that you cant stop them means you have no responsibility for your actions but yet there is a moral landscape that we all should appeal to, get this, a determinist moral utilitarian...lmao Sam are you really this stupid

Meanwhile clowns like Scott Adams walk around pretending to provide ideas of substance, figuratively sucking Trumps dick, Adams is the kind of person who celebrates the greatness of Genghis Khan and when you ask him if it matters that the Great Khan was single handedly responsible for the deaths of millions he'll distract with you the naked reality of the economic prosperity that Genghis brought too

As if Trumps persuasion skills are great, lmao really persuasion skills dont mean shit if you learn to see through the horseshit, but millions of people really did fall for Trump. They were that stupid. Adams fell for it too. He celebrates it. SAD

>sam harris is /pol/'s guy

Don't you know how antisemitism works?

I care about neither. Got a link? I'll tell you.

>'can we say that I've won now?'
Whenever I hear "'can we say that I've won now?'"

All I actually hear is:
>Act like a faggot
>Get dismissed as a faggot
>"hurrr hurrrr ad hominem, I wunz"

> 'reeeee drumpf is literally hitler'
>dismissed

You really embarrassed yourself here and exposed yourself as a brain-dead autist.

His objective morality is retarded, but him being a proponent of determinism doesn't bother me at all. He's a determinist only on paper because he doesn't like the idea of emergent properties. For all purposes he's just a compatibilism with an axe to grind about retributive justice.

>lmao really persuasion skills dont mean shit if you learn to see through the horseshit
The vast majority of people do not, so those skills mean a lot.

Most of the people will always be stupid, learning how to manage them will always be a valuable skill.

youre not wrong

While i greatly enjoyed sam getting butthurt and trying really hard to hide it,it seemed obvious to me that Scott is walking a dangerous line with his waving away of any moral concerns with his somehow turning everything into trump being a misunderstood "saint".

Christ my writing is terrible.