What was the first "adult" book you read (as opposed to a children's book) that you read as a kid...

What was the first "adult" book you read (as opposed to a children's book) that you read as a kid, and how old were you when you read it?
I read pic related when I was nine or ten years old, I don't remember exactly when.

When I was in seventh grade I started reading all of Tom Clancy's books, since they were readily available at my middle school's library and nobody seemed to mind the idea of an 11-year-old reading them. Sex, blood, guns, and a lot of cursing. It was a blast. Plus I learned everything I'll ever need to know about the way Russians think.

I read "Prey" when I was about 14 years old. It scared me shitless.

Da Vinci Code in grade 6. I actually liked it a lot.

assuming steven king isn't for "adults", then it was crime and punishment at age 17

>What was the first "adult" book you read (as opposed to a children's book)
The Communist Manifesto. Oh wait.... Scratch that. Solzhenitsyn's "The Cancer Ward" probably, was around 16

>the birth of the modern liberal

This actually. couldn't see the movie until I read the book. Still one of my favorites.

kek I can tell you've never read any Tom Clancy, he's the biggest Russiaboo you could possibly imagine. He constantly portrays the Soviets as honorable, worthy adversaries, and in the post-Cold War books Russia and the US become best friends.

Actually, if anything Clancy hates Asians. He has a whole book about the Japanese waging war on the US and then he has a book where the Chinese go to war with Russia and America helps out the Russians.

Are you me

I think Pet Sematary when I was in fourth or fifth grade. All the other kids were reading Gordan Korman and I was reading about sudsy handies and other middle age realities.

I read Frank Herberts' Dune when I was 12. What an epic yarn that was.

I read The Shinning around 8th grade. It was a great read for me, I then got into Stephen King, since his books were really easy reads and pretty entertaining

I just realized I misspelled 'shining'. Tard move, on my part.

The ultimate evil in Americans movies and tv shows

The Russians generals the Russian people and mother Russia and east Europa bad Serbs bad Russians killing Muslims remuving kababs bad realy bad people they don't speak English so let's show it with Russian words like (da comerad) (niet comered) and there hot orthdox girls name marina Natasha masha zlata karina alina who played in American movies and tv shows us sexy spys for mother Russia

Played By shity Polacks thet don't have respect getting naked for free
By Serbs who doing good job playing Russians
By Czechs who are completely don't even belong to the Slavic world they are Germans

Every fucking time every fucking American shity movie every tv show you have the Serbs and Russians us evil guys

You have a Russian terrorist name Ivan who want to nuke the world and he hate every one and love only his mother Russia or east Europa and he have a team of Slavic soldiers from east Europa

And American in the start of the movie calling there shity niger black dog president and say mister president we have a problem !!!!!!!!!!!!! Showing your fucking pentagon and the American flag

Iran is bad
China is bad
Russian is evil and as cold us he'll full of snow

Fuck your propaganda America you can put your guilt only on yourself

We are east European we don't give a fuck about your sanction it's only make us stronger

And in the and we Gona team up with china and the east to finely nuke your country in to the air !!!!!!
Pic releted a Russian thet you only can dream about In your dreams you fat fucking American agly neet burger
Most of us We don't speak London( English) in Russia so it's good the pride and hate is growing even more and more now !!!!

We hate America and the west even more now !!!!!!!

90% of Russian see American Britannia as a enemy !!!! Who most be nuked !!!!!

The Good old time is back ;)

Mabe Germans will team up with us to rape Poland soon hahahahahahahahahahahahahsh

hahahahahahahahahahahahahsh

Death to America

A lot of Anne McCaffrey books. Dragonflight in particular- I thought it was a YA book for over a decade, before I tried giving it to a friend and they told me they didn't understand anything (english is their second language). I thought: That can't be right- and opened it up again. Lo and behold, apparently it's not YA at all.

I also read a lot of James Paterson.

I mean, that's a long time ago, so I don't remember everything I read.

This as well

>Tom Clancy
>liberal

"bravo two zero" when i was ~13

The God Delusion came out when I was like 14. I read like half of Master and Commander when the movie came out. Been reading the Bible since I was like 8.

I used to read the Nick Stone series from McNab

>tatiana kotova
Do you think that Putin could fuck her if he wanted to?

Are you an Alan Partridge fan?

I read The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas on holiday and enjoyed it. In hindsight, it's not unlike Neil Gaiman's books.

I read A Clockwork Orange, 2001 A Space Odyssey and The Shining from my school library mainly because I liked the Kubrick films but that helped me get into literature too. I may have been about 14.

that, monsieur, has to be the cutest thing i have ever heard in my entire life. i picture you now, a fat piece of white pastry (perhaps not white, but i will not say that is here or there today), sitting on a park bench, reading JURASSIC PARK, like an absolute imbecile. BEAUTIFUL! ah, monsieur, that is a lovely moment. i may even say, monsieur, that is a Gyazo screenshot moment

I read it when the movie was announced. I had to have been about eight.

James Herbert - Lair, aged 8 or 9 I think.

Now that I've remembered it I want to read the whole Rats trilogy.

Not bad.

Never heard of him, why?

Got this for my birthday when i was 9 and read it properly myself when i was 11 i think.

I read Hamlet in third grade after being introduced to it via a compressed childrens adaptaion written by the school. It had a modern day translation on the right side pages and original shakesperean text on the left, which i didnt understand at first and 30 pages into it I realized I was reading the same thing twice so I stuck with the shakesperean text until I finished it.
Took me three readings of the entire thing with both translations within one year to fully understand it, but dammit i'm just proud to say I read Hamlet in the third grade.