My collection of short stories is done, and after I hear back from a few beta readers and make any necessary changes...

My collection of short stories is done, and after I hear back from a few beta readers and make any necessary changes, I'm going to shit it onto Amazon.

How can I help get it into the hands of people who will like it, and drive reviews so it doesn't get buried right out of the gate?

>collection of short stories

you're not gonna make it brah, short fiction is as unpopular as poetry

Can I be one of your beta readers? I can provide an unbiased and some what in-depth critique if you would like.

You can contact me at: [email protected]

shill it on here

we promise to only say nice things

I would like to read

Sent.

I decided to quit drinking until I got this book done after 4 years of procrastinating, so of course I got it done in a week.

I can't guarantee this is going to impress anyone. I've been working on these for years, and really wanted to get this book out so I can focus on some other writing projects.

These are all interior art that I did for each story.

neat doodles, impressed

I wanted it to feel like an old scifi rag with pen and ink illustrations. If I made them too polished I'd never finish, so I kept them a little sketchy.

The cover is also retro, but pretty minimalist.

I wanted the cover to be plain text, since I think busy, over-designed covers hurt you on Amazon, when most people are introduced to it as a thumbnail.

I did a black background with white text with RGB color separation and a glow to look like an old film reel from classic scifi. But some of my designer friends said they didn't like it. So then I redid it as more of an orange and blue digital effect like text on an old television.

I think it cam out pretty interesting. It will look a little fuzzy as a thumbnail, which may prompt people to click on it.

Post it on here, promote via other forums, Facebook, etc. Bookbub it if you have the cash.

Good luck, brother.

I'd read it if you paste bin or link. Also, good drawings.

Rupi Kaur already did it. Sorry.

user here has talent, though

why would you draw your face as a vagina

>These are all interior art that I did for each story.

>literature in america is so dead that authors are reduced to supplementing their work with drawings

I'm not roasting you OP, I feel the deadness, the sterility everywhere

Because no author has ever felt their own supplementary drawings could add to a reader's experience of the text. Not Blake or Acker or anyone, right? Fucking idiot. Let the nice man have his nice drawings.

I can give it a look tomorrow as well. The art is nice so I'm curious to see how the stories read.

[email protected]

>done in a week.

Editing and illustrating was hard for me because I have to talk myself into doing it. It's why it took so long.

I don't know how anybody can sit and read their own writing over and over without feeling like a fraud.

Well done user, you've done something great. Listen to genuine critique, but if anyone is going to disparage you on here for no reason then they better be willing to post their own short story collection as well.

The only thing I can think of is to submit your work to everyone who is willing to accept it: journals, writers, book reviewers, journalists, newspapers, magazines etc. But I'm not gonna lie, the chances of you 'making it' are slim to none, just like they are for the rest of us.

Any thoughts on the title? If it looks good I might get a copy from amazon if I see it up there.

It's called The Greatest Science Fiction Anthology of All Time, and I Would Know, I'm From the Future.
I designed out the cover to pop as a thumbnail, and have a retro feel.

can i read it? or at least can you send me an email when you put it on amazon?
[email protected]

ur drawings really make me think.