What is with the obsession with steak? I have never had a steak that made me take a step back and say wow...

What is with the obsession with steak? I have never had a steak that made me take a step back and say wow. Don't think I don't like meat, that's quite the opposite. I've just never seen the obsession with steak.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPEffi9xAfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s okay to be a total pleb, dude.

regularly its kinda meh, ill agree. but a nice dry aged, properly salted steak? fucking delicious. stop going to outback and go to a real steak house.

It tastes really good and has a pleasing texture and when it's cooked just right there's no better combination of savory flavors out there.

Of course you don't understand the obsession with steak, you just said yourself that you don't like meat.

It's the soyboy go-to when they want to pretend to be masculine. Same way Europeans are obsessed with letting everyone know they like grand strategy PC games.

I don't even like meat all that much, but my first dry aged at a good restaurant was certainly an experience.

I don't even have one of those around. It's all local steak houses or some family bbq joint. I've been to places like Memphis, Arizona, new York, and South Carolina and I just can't find a good steak. In my opinion it's to tough of a meat to be considered great. Like I said I'm not saying they are horrible just that I haven't had one that stopped me and though well damn that's a good steak.

Soyboy?

It's one of those memes.

It's the hot new retarded meme /pol/ is pushing because "cuck" isn't edgy enough anymore, it's just a flag that lets you know the opinion of the person saying it is not worth listening to.

They're basing it on the myth that eating soy increases your estrogen levels (even though the plant estrogens in soy fill the cell sites where human estrogen would interact chemically with your body and for most people effectively decreases the estrogen level in your blood) as a way to look down on people who are left of Hitler for being effeminate even though most of the faggots who post there don't go outside at any point during their little girl anime marathons.

You sound a bit retarded. If the steaks you're having are tough then they're a shit cut. You know there's many different types of steak, right?
For example, if you get a nice quality ribeye steak, it will be fall apart melt-in-your-mouth tender. If you've only ever eaten meh quality steakhouse steaks, then I can understand why you don't like it much, but that just means you have no real experience with good steak.
It's like eating fast food burgers then saying "I don't get why everyone likes burgers".
If you want a great steak, get a dry aged ribeye and cook it yourself. Salt and pepper, sear both sides then throw it in the oven until medium rare. If that doesn't knock your dick off then you're a lost cause.

>myth

God damn. Do they know that they are that dumb?

Steak is 100% pleb tier. Only basic bitches wank over it. There are many other things I think taste better.

>you just said yourself that you don't like meat.
He said the opposite plebtard.

kys soyboy

>been to New York and can't find a good steak
How in the fuck? Are you poor or something? NYC has some of the best steak houses in the world, if you are still struggling go to Texas and tell a lot of people you have never had a good steak, they'll get you where you need to go

Well I definitely aint winning no math competitions. Where could you buy a cut like that

I was just thinking the same thing recently. It's alright, but I don't get the obsession over it or the need to eat it raw. I personally prefer bacon or a burger to steak.

Yeah, myth, based on a single sensationalized story where some guy developed gynecomastia because he was drinking 3 fucking quarts of soy milk every day and had an unaddressed hormone issue in the first place. They've done lots and lots of studies on this shit and like I said in the post the plant estrogens in any reasonable intake of soy (not 3 quarts of soy milk daily) will actually block your body's own estrogen (which both men and women produce) from hooking onto the cells to do their work, so for most men there's no problem at all with eating soy, but most men don't eat all that much fucking soy in the first place because it's gross.

It's not necessarily a shit cut, even filet mignon can be tough as fuck if you cook it wrong (i.e. more than medium rare at the most)

That's what I'm saying I've been to some of what are called the best steak houses and I just don't like it. Maybe I'm a lost cause. But I honestly refuse to give up. I try steak everywhere I go, but as of this moment I'm still not impressed.

You seem to really care about soy.

Doesn't make sense, I went to a NYC "best steak restaurant" and was skeptical until the chef brought out idk what the fuck and I went half retarded for a bit, granted it was ~$90

Haven't had a steak for near a year... Kinda disappointed but I enjoy my steak welll-well done
>pic related

whatever you say soyboy

it leads me to believe his ideas more than >lolsoyboy

>American reading comprehension

Lulz

I don't eat soy, not specifically, though it's in so much shit you probably eat just as much as anyone else.

It's more that your shitty meme you're trying to force is irritating.

oh god, this. especially when they pair it with whisky.

>le whisky and steak with the boys xD

It's somewhat overrated because it used to be a sign of having wealth. With the advent of factory farming and cheap transportation beef became cheap but the myth of it signalling living the highlife even though it was shit quality remained. I'll buy a whole prime ribeye, cut it into steaks, vacuum pack and freeze them. Whenever I don't feel like doing much prep and just having a simple quick meal (every 2 weeks or so) I 'll cook one. Imho, it can't compete with any number of things I make with venison, thai curries, chicken dishes, etc., or even beef osso buco ffs.

How do you get it cooked? Ask for Medium Rare next time.

The 'soy' thing has been round since the board Veeky Forums was created.
It was never really a meme though, just some bro science.
the hivemind of /pol/ thought it was catchy and some media douche grabbed it and made it famous, the same with the onion test boost thing which was a joke.

Pic related is the artwork of Kurt Cobain who clearly coined the phrase 'soy boy' long before the internet was even a thing

found the COD hard scoping, hot pocket stained lardass Amerifatski manchild still living in the basement of his single mother at the age of 25+.
it's about time for your tendies, need to start screeching for your mom.

you need to go back to Rebbit you emasculated dicklet cuck.

Stop eating soy.

>this mad
Sure you're not projecting a bit?

Holy fuck all of you are fags. How do I bring a thread to both Veeky Forums and /b/ and Veeky Forums ends up being filled up with shit advice and fags and /b/ is the place with advice and tips. Fucking jackwagons

Steak is a primal thing. It's a large piece of meat that is usually prepared very basic compared to other meat.

Make a shit thread, get shit replies.

>anime website

one off?!

>I am a peasant

The soy lobby is strong in this board.

t.retard
Soyboy has been coined even before /pol/ is formed.

>I have never had a steak that made me take a step back and say wow.
stop lying, yes i have. it was the juiciest tendrest steak ever... $25 though

>cod hardscoping
holy shit this has to be bait

You have to pick a winner and cook it correctly, which are expensive and acquired skills respectively. It's honestly worth going to a reputable steakhouse and dropping $75+ on a god-tier steak at least once just so you have a frame of reference.

I made a bone-in reverse seared Rib Eye last night. It was mind boggingly good.
You either haven't had a good cut or haven't had it the right way.

There, ya'got it!

>everything I don't like is /pol
t. soyboy

>Go to a butcher and buy half a usda prime ribeye roast (bone in)
>Buy a rack, some good quality pink salt chunks, and a dish that fits the rack
>Suspend the roast over the dish with the chunks of salt in it
>Leave in fridge for a coupla months
take it out when it starts looking grody and then cut the grody parts off
Wa la now you have a dry aged ribeye roast
Cut it into thick steaks and prepare to cook it
>leave steak out for a couple of minutes to temper it a bit so it cooks evenly
>Heat up grill to max heat so you can get some grill marks on the steak
>prepare a cast iron pan in a 500F oven
>once the oven, pan and grill are all hot as fuck season your steak with salt only
>put the steak on the grill against the irons at an angle
>let sit for just a bit so it gets the marks charred in
>Rotate it in such a way that you get a nice square char pattern
>flip and repeat
>Once the marks are on there toss on cast iron pan and throw it into oven
>flip steak and check temperature every so often and flip so it doesn't burn on the outside
>take it out maybe 10 degrees before your desired temperature and leave on top of oven where it can stay nice and warm until it rests up
>finish with a bit of olive oil, coarse sea salt for texture, pepper, and a pat of butter
>eat with some fresh horseradish sauce, fried smoked potatoes, and a bit of aioli
Wa la good steak

Go the fuck back fo reddit faggot soyboy

My dad grills a mean steak. It practically melts in your mouth. You can tell instantly when you're eating a good steak or a mediocre steak.

maybe youre a soyboy

>No amazing steak experience

This is either...

A. A troll thread by someone looking for a good recipe, someone who thinks they are funny, or a vegan who fails at everything due to a lack of delicious animal protein.

Or

This is a thread made by someone who is both poor and does not live in the middle of the USA.

>Same way Europeans are obsessed with letting everyone know they like grand strategy PC games.
This is a stereotype?

sous vide + sear every time

Same. I'd much rather have a nice roast.

Who the fuck drinks whisky while eating?I never heard of anyone doing such a thing nor can I imagine a good reason to do it.

Gaben seems to be having Glenfiddich with his steak. You'd think he could afford something a little fancier.
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEffi9xAfI

By the looks of it I believe that cut of that animal is supposed to be cooked like that and you're just baiting, but I may well be wrong

Its true.
Its a steep downhill after the first 3 bites.

Fuck that we'd probably just grill it ourselves. I'm pretty sure they kick you out of the state if you can't grill a steak to medium rare in Texas
>inb4 propane
Charcoal or bust

> drink shit whisky with your meal so as to combine the experience of shit whisky with pure dehydration of the mouth and tainting the flavor if your steak

Humanity truly is beyond salvation.
I can only hope that's not actually whisky.

This is what assholes say to chase away non teenagers.

They cement the fact that Veeky Forums is 13 to 16 years of age.