Is tefal coated pan a cheap and shitty version of non-stick pan...

Is tefal coated pan a cheap and shitty version of non-stick pan? I have a 3 year old pan and it was non stick when i bought it but now it's all stretched up. Still works though but I'm thinking about spend a little bit more money on a good quality non-stick pan that I can use for many years to come.
What does Veeky Forums recommend?

I'm in my 40s and been through a lot of those. I usually get 5 to 7 years out of my nonsticks. 3 years isn't too crazy if you're using it hard (I'm not)

There's really no reason to spend more than $50 on a nonstick pan. I just get calphalon or a similar "fancy" brand 80% off at TJ Maxx because I outgrew industrial chic in my 30s. Used to buy the beaters at restaurant supply shops, they work just the same, they're just ugly.

why buy a shit pan when you can have a manly grill

Tfal is actually decent. It all matters on how they’re treated. No high heat, no metal utensils, and don’t let them sit in your sink and get banged up like some trailer park trash faggot.

is shogun a meme brand or is it really good?

Don't use metal utensils unless you want to eat plastic

I had a Tefal non-stick wok (it was a gift, I would have just bought a normal wok) and it was terrible. The heat distribution on the flat part (and bear in mind, it's pretty small, not like on a frying pan) was so uneven I could barely believe it. I don't know about other pans they do as this put me off their products.

With a little maintenance a cast iron pan can be (almost) nonstick and will last longer than you

Don't use teflon when it heats up that shit releases cancer particles

this or ceramic is the way to go

Go cast iron and learn how to into seasoning faggot. Sand that bitch smooth and cook a like four pounds of bacon in it and you'll be straight

>he doesn't have a propane weber q on his kitchen countertop

Pressure steam your food fast and effortlessly without oil :-)

Stop parroting bullshit you read on some Facebook article

At nominal cooking temperature, teflon fumes instantly kill birds. Get ceramic nonstick.

Ceramic fucking rocks. I love cooking eggs in it

>plastic fumes aren't toxic
please kys you're self

Compensating fag is compensating

nothing wrong with compensating

good thing I'm not a bird, beakface.

Fuck off vegan birds are tasty

Non-stick woks are the pinnacle of idiocy anyway. Woks are made to be used with insane heat, but there is no type of cooking surface less suited for high heat than non-stick. Those things are for ignorant housewives who think they are cooking Chinese because they made shit in a wok shaped dish

Your the pinnacle of idiocy if you can't figure out how that shape would be advantageous at lower tempachers >:(

0/10

Hmmm... minimum surface area for the flame or coil to heat, the shape bunches up all the food so the moisture cant evaporate and collects in the dish which cools everything down to the boiling point of water and reliably prevents any sort of browning ... plus it would make more sense to use a normal pot for lower temps ... yep, I must be an idiot, I cant figure out what the "advantages" of a wok for cooking at low temps are.

What does this mean? Is it one of those memes? I'm new here. How do I post picture memes? When I try to add one, it just shows me my own computer???

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

This is a designated work safe board so please try to avoid posting S torpedoes, thanks :-)

I've burned a teflon pan until the middle red circle completely greyed out. It still works though.

I hope you get fired for browsing Veeky Forums at work then you worthless fucking shitcock faggot pisshound wagie asshole

large cast iron frying pan is the main pan used in the kitchen here
my wife, who rarely cooks will occasionally make something in it and it's always a mess afterward to the point of her having to soak it and scrub it out, ruining the seasoning
when i need to use it again i just heat it, simmer some butter until it starts to burn, wipe it out and repeat 3 - 4 times.
this takes about 10 - 15 minutes and the pan is back to where i can make an omelet in it without it sticking

I hide my iron cast on top of the cabinet.

>Is tefal coated pan a cheap and shitty version of non-stick pan?
Cheap? Yes. Shitty? Not really, I'd say they are middle of the road in quality.

Want something better? Get a restaurant supply store brand like Tramontina or Alegacy/Eagleware. Beware of the high priced consumer brands like Calphalon. They're expensive as hell but no better than Tfal.

This.

The cast iron is out of reach except for one pan where I let her deep fry things.