I want to turn into a total egoistic...

I want to turn into a total egoistic, narcissist shit head who only cares about himself and only himself while remaining content and happy.

What would Veeky Forums suggest for reading except for Rand and Stirner?

Bonus: No Solipsism. No egotism. No cynicism.

Other urls found in this thread:

classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/goldsay.html
classics.mit.edu/Confucius/analects.html
gutenberg.org/files/14328/14328-h/14328-h.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like youre already there

Shieet

>egoism without egotism

please explain these subtleties to me

Jojo's bizarre adventure part 6

Why is this so filled with people who think reading a book will magically cure all their mental illnesses. Sure books have a therapeutic value, but they aren't that meaningful when it comes to treating seriously a mental disorder. You'd be better going to a therapist or a psychiatrist if it'ss more serious

>only cares about himself and only himself while remaining content and happy.
Impossible since you're a human, we're a social primate that lives in group. Isolation is literally torture to us.

Hey it's a bonus. Kudos if you can do it.

I am not too sure myself.

classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/goldsay.html

classics.mit.edu/Confucius/analects.html

gutenberg.org/files/14328/14328-h/14328-h.htm

ligotti maybe

well minus the happy part

Nobody said anything about isolation, user.

40 power laws

Lel. Crossboard shitpost gone viral.

Does Machiavellianism help with the narcissism or is it just complementary reading desu

Social/emotional isolation as well as physical isolation. Egoism and happiness are incompatible, your reward system isn't made for it. All the truly selfish cunts got banished and killed.

I'll try to be one of those who don't get banished and killed.
Have a wallpaper for the goodies.

Thanks Dr.Peterson.

You could read textbooks about diet and the risk of cancer, it made me increasingly anti-social, because most people eat in a way that greatly increases the probability that they will get it. Some are unlucky but it isn't true that the majority is.

But you have to care about your long-term health and many actual people on the dark triad (narcissists, psychopaths and machiavellians) only care for instant gratification. So, it doesn't exactly fit what you look for and isn't that cool, but it is in your self-interest to be healthy.

I could give you much more fun readings if you want to become a misanthrope, I have some feelings that resemble it, but I wouldn't consider myself one, humans are unique in their way of experiencing the world, and are to be cherished; they are just doomed because of their nature (which has nothing to do with cliche that is greed) and systematic properties. But perhaps we will make it through the Great Filler, I can't know.

I am not too big on the instant gratification part. It's just that sometimes you've gotta work on yourself first so that you can act as an unaffected authority when you act over a medium. You know, to make the interaction not-so-symmetrical and translational.
Not so much of a stoic either. Something that partakes in the virility of the world yet remains ultimately detached, lucid and authentic. True to himself.

Hit me up with your reading list user. The cancer helps.

Tbh there are reasons to suspect that contemporary society (industrialised, urban, individualistic, anonymous) possibly selects for psychopathy rather than against it like traditional societies do.

Psychopathy/sociopathy is way higher among successful CEOs than among the general populace. We may have created a world that rewards it.

I still don't think they're happy though, even if conventionally materially successful.

Hmmm. I don't think I have an overtime interest in becoming materialistically satisfied. Cause you know greed.
Just an steady life to take care of the necessities and a few leisures.

the stirnerist neetbux exploit might be for you.

>What are hermits?
>while remaining content and happy.
Practically impossible.

>I want to turn into a total egoistic
>No egotism
you might wanna get that checked out

>>What are hermits?
Very rare exceptions.

I wonder how many of them are truly happy rather than schizos on the run though desu.