What's the most advanced dish you've ever made?

What's the most advanced dish you've ever made?

Never really felt anything I've made was that challenging

This. Eventually you do the thing and put the thing in the other things and you're wanted in 5 states.

i hate pastry bullshit so i guess it was a crockenbush at culinary school.

I made Moroccan chicken pot pie for 40 people once. Everyone was thrown off by the powdered sugar on top, while the few people who actually tried it loved it. It came out perfect. God I hate xenophobic white and asian people.

toast

jk I think it was some pie from a really over-detailed recipe book I have
I fucking love baking sweets tbqh famalam

It a fan of powdered sugar on top of chicken pie, I hat it before and it's a love it or hate it thing like adding raisins to ground beef
I wouldn't pass on it but I would secretly thing, I wish there was no sugar in this

The whole point of the pie is sugared and spiced chicken with nuts though. Ironically the theme of the dinner was "multicultural" but why bother going if you're just going to stare at something and move on?

Idk it was pretty disheartening. I ate pie for every meal for a week afterwards.

This.

I love working with choux Padre, but dammit I hate making it sometimes.

*choux paste. How the fuck did that get through

Let’s be real here, no dish on earth is hard to make. If you have a recipe with good directions and the right ingredients it’s always a breeze. The hard thing is making it presentable enough for a restaurant.

I made a decent attempt at 'authentic' ragu bolognese. It took me all day to make, acquiring some of the ingredients was a bit of a chore, and the mise en place took me longer than usual considering that it was a full recipe meant for 10-12 people. The funny thing is, I think that if I posted the recipe somewhere, Italians would be screeching at me saying that everything I did was wrong, but it was better than any bolognese I've had at Italian restaurants.

Yeah, the hardest thing I ever made was tortilla de pappas, and that’s mostly because it took me 4 tries to get the flip right.

That sounds like something I've heard about a lot of Italian dishes. They aren't difficult, just time intensive.

Anyways for me it would probably be Escabeche de pavo con bút, but I've been doing it for so long that it's become kinda second nature

That's not really true. it's just that amateurs are amateurs, and professionals need to make things they can replicate reliably. But If you look at the things done at events like bocuse d'or, chances are there are plenty of things there that most people can't make even if they're told the method. even relatively basic chef methods like turning a vegetable can be very hard for amateurs

I'd say that heat control on stoves, kneading doughs, seasoning things properly, and good, efficient knifework are some things that take time and practice to get good at, i.e, not things that can be picked up from reading a book or watching a video.

>how to make your face look old, aged, and wrinkled in 12 easy daily steps

meme myth. not every cosmetic product is bad for your skin.

but most of those in the pic are

I made kolaches once. Since I'm new to bread-making it was pretty difficult but they turned out pretty good. I made a cream-cheese pastry topping and they were all gone in less than two days.

This is exactly why Asian women in the 40s look like white women in their early 20s, because their skin care regimen makes them look old

>poor presentation
>I-it must be cause they're damn racists and xenophobes!

I made beef wellington for Christmas one year, I felt like it came out too rare and the dough undercooked, but my family liked it. If I did it again itd be better obviously, I was just grateful my mom was willing to spend the $70 on a whole beef tenderloin

>God I hate xenophobic white and asian people.
I doubt they're xenophobic. Most people only ever see powdered sugar on desserts so to have it on a savory dish is going to be confusing.

There are plenty of "white" foods that a lot of white people wouldn't want to eat either. If you tell a white American how French pressed duck is made, they probably wouldn't want to eat it. Is that still xenophobic?

Honestly, scaling up recipes is hard for me. I typically cook for two, expecting a day's worth of leftovers. When I have to cook for three times as many I face more challenges. Most of it is hardware based because I im noticed equipped for it, but my sense of timing just go es out the window and things don't seem to synch like they would with my regular amounts. I don't know how to get better at this without making a week's worth of food at a time, but it's annoying as hell.

nope

>Is that still xenophobic?

Yes, since many americans are deathly afraid of anything french since they perceive it as hoity toity and pretentious.

biryani

Obviously that's xenophobia but I said upon telling them how it's made, most wouldn't want to eat it. It's the actual process of making it that would be unappetizing to a lot of people, and not the fact that it's French.

>foaming cleanser, toners, booster, essence, serums, ampoules, benzoyl peroxide, creams, sleeping packs over night, exfoliants

those will damage and deteriorate your skin

exfoliants and cleansers don't damage skin you brainlet, unless you get cheap crap. sleeping packs overnight are there to spare your skin

Pizza from flour + whole tomatoes.

All of molecular gastronomy says you're wrong.

Cheesecake is the "hardest" thing I've made. Still not super difficult, but holy fuck the wait time without a pressure cooker is insane.

I don't know. There's no depth to cooking. What's something you'd call "advanced"?

What did you need to wait for? I've only made vegan cheesecake, with crust made from graham crackers I also made that took a couple days to oven dry.

I made Avgolemono soup for my families greek easter. I made the chicken broth from scratch and the egg/lemon mixture didn't curdle so i'd say it was a success. Everyone said they enjoyed it too.

Turkey roulade with pork, sage and cashew stuffing that I did two Christmases ago and I'm doing again this year

define depth. thin foie gras can easily be overcooked, turning a vegetable is hard, etc., there are plenty challenging elements, but basically anything in the universe can be broken down into a process, so I'm not sure what depth is in this context

do you have any experience deboning fowl? I was too intimidated to try it since I don't.

I made some tonkatsu once.
Came out nice i was very proud if myself

now I do but at the time it was daunting

Pulled off a long-smoked beef rib. Tough to keep a consistent low and slow temp for that long

actually it's one of the few times the word xenophobia is used correctly, meaning irrational fear of something foreign.
Not wanting to live among blacks isn't xenophobia for example

Salmon coulibiac.

>God I hate xenophobic white and asian people.
Just fuck off already with this meme. "They don't like my food because they are xenophobic or homophobic or whatever bullshit."
No you fucking moron. They just don't like the food. End of story. Stop making excuses, you fucking special snowflake.

dang. Should have given it a shot.

Cinnamon rolls without a commercial pre-mix