I'm currently making some candied citrus peels. What should I do with the leftover syrup? If I make caramel with it...

I'm currently making some candied citrus peels. What should I do with the leftover syrup? If I make caramel with it, will the flavor from the peels come through, or will it just get burned?

Fuck it, let's experiment

Now you're talking.

i am very excited to see the results

Interesting. Cool to the touch, but still soft and pliable. Toasted caramelly flavor with just a bare hint of the citrus.

Btw the reason I didn't cook it longer was because I started to smell a hint of burning, so I figured the remains of the peel were probably going to get burnt before I got to a "true" caramel

You have to go deeper.

And add a lot of butter and cream.

Ok

Those candied citrus peels will go perfect with your candied ass you fucking faggot.

r u d e

Wew

Looks like cum but smells really good. Haven't added butter yet

Getting stiffer and darker. Idk if I'll add butter

I think I cooked it too long, oil started coming out. Citrus not detectable, but tastes caramelly/butterscotchy. Texture is like a crumbly half baked cookie that melts on your tongue

Only a madman would attempt improvisational candy-making.

Then lock me up.

No, this world needs mad men like you. Someone to take the risks, someone to pull the trigger. Godspeed.

I'd smash that in a heartbeat, looks tasty.

Too many people these days go with the mindset that everything's allready been discovered so there's no point to experiment at all.
Sure it's sort of true but if you just stick your nose to the recipe book you dont actually learn that much about cooking, like how the different ingredients handle, taste when cooked too much/little etc etc which in turn may stimulate your thinking and soon enough instead of going
>"oh noes i dont have ingredient X on hand im fucked"
you'l go
>"hmm, maybe i can substitute it with ingredient Y or hell maybe i'l change this and this and these too and make something similar but completely different!"
And you end up with something tasty as fuck just by not doing everything as usual.

Gib candied citrus peel recipe

>cut up citrus peels
>boil in simple syrup
>wa la

Should have got some chestnuts and made marron glace

>buying a $10 package of nuts to avoid wasting 10 cents worth of sugar
Nah

Use for cereal sweetener

Dont look like cum fatbro

CITRUS IS COATED IN FUNGICIDE YOU WILL DIE

Some men jusr want to watch the world burn

but christmas

>CITRUS IS COATED IN FUNGICIDE
so is your mom but she still makes $50 a night

Yeah but my mom needs that fungicide so she keep pulling 15 tricks a night for 20 years straight without worrying about thrush or crotchrot. The citrus would be better without it.

i would dab that