What is your opinion about this book user?

What is your opinion about this book user?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Diary_of_Laura_Palmer
theguardian.com/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-petition
phinnweb.org/livingroom/rosemary/index2.html
mashable.com/2017/05/22/twin-peaks-michael-j-anderson-david-lynch-man-from-another-place/#Z5DP5LOlHqqK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Piece of crap.

t. Peaks fan for 27 years.

It wasn't worth reading and didn't add anything worthwhile to the show's universe.

What do you think of season 3?

i dont read shit based on shittier tv shows

Last week was the last straw, I'm dropping it. I can describe how much pain it causes me to say that. I didn't wait 25 years to get the Dougie show.

Twin Peaks is the only show to ever approach the medium as art and not just entertainment. I'm not saying it succeeded or didn't blend the two, and studio interference didn't help, but "season 3" is unlike anything ever aired and is truly and artistic work

Also.. fun fact: Lynch himself hasn't read secret history. It's not even canon, just a cash grab.

Twin peaks sucks

Fuck off Mark
call for help

That's too bad, I thought it was one of the stronger episodes. I also think Dougie is great, but I know there are two very divided schools of thought on the new season. I was just curious your opinion because I've been wondering if the book is worth it or not and seeing as how we disagree, it may still be entertaining to me

>being Lynched this hard

Also may I ask: do you watch many films? Or do you have an opinion on Lynch's? Or are you simply a twin peaks fan returning for the third season?

Yeah I'm a pretty big film buff. I also own everything Lynch has done, including his out of print photography book. I consider Mulholland Drive the greatest film of century.

I was patient with S3, but if you get past the halfway point and it hasn't turned into Twin Peaks, well... life goes on. I get that it's next level Art, but I don't agree with the choices made about setting and the use of screen time.

Woah, that's really cool. It seems like our tastes do differ though, I found Mulholland Drive to be a bit less impactful than several of his other films. I understand your point though, the show is no longer the same. I like it at least as much though, the weird stuff is there, the comfy vibe is still there (at least to me it is), and honestly I think the comedy lands more often in this season. I'm curious how it will age once all the episodes are out. It was conceived as an 18 hour movie and split up, seemingly non-chronologically, and already some stuff that didn't seem to fit before makes more sense. I don't think the show will ever return to what I assume you're wanting it to be, but I do trust that by the end it will be a bit more cohesive (and perhaps even quite emotionally rewarding)

Hahahaha

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Yeah, I'm sure it will converge in a satisfying way for patient viewers. As I said, I totally respect where he's coming from and the choices he's made, it's pure heroin lynch, etc. I'm just not interested in the direction and pacing of the series. Those 10 hours are what they are, it's over and done with, and the last 8 won't change that.

> tfw lynch had 10 episodes of material and the studio told him they would triple his pay if he made it 20 hours
> also michael cera needs a part, you owe us, make it happen and make it extra ironic, goyim

Reminder that David Lynch literally described Jack Vance as "would be easy to kill" and Vance death was caused by an altercation in the back of a donut shop, just like the one in that creepy Mulholland Dr scene.

Is the little man on to something?

It's pretty good. It tries to place Twin Peaks in the broader contest of American folklore, and pretty successfully I think.

what is going on in this image

Have you seen Andy and Lucy's christmas photo with their son? His face is all distorted like Laura Dern's face at that one part in Inland Empire.

you tell me

Holy shit she is JUST as fuck. I still doubt meme midgets accusations

Can someone explain how someone cannot appreciate the greatness of Mulholland Drive? It is like a concentrated dose of my dream image of Hollywood/LA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Diary_of_Laura_Palmer

> The novel is said to be "As seen by Jennifer Lynch," and is written in a matter-of-fact tone[2] from the point of view of Laura Palmer, a small-town teenager —a "good girl gone bad"[3]— who is abused and terrorized by the demonic entity BOB.[4] Lynch says she was told by her father and Mark Frost, co-creator of the series, to "be Laura Palmer,"[5] and that she "knew Laura so well it was like automatic writing."[6] The book begins on Laura's 12th birthday in 1984,[3] and steadily matures in writing style and vocabulary.[7] It recounts standard teenage concerns of her first period, her first kiss, and her relationship with her parents, alongside experiences of sexual abuse, promiscuity, cocaine addiction, and her obsession with death.

"knew Laura so well it was like automatic writing"

is meme midget on to something?

Is the new show any good?

It's like a modernized reworking of narrative techniques used in Call of Cthulhu, only not good.

Meh, it's inconsequential but if you like the characters it's nice. Never understood why they thought Briggs was such an important character, it adds nothing to the new series

theguardian.com/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-petition
>Woody Allen, David Lynch and Martin Scorsese add their names to a petition urging the immediate release of the director from detention in Zurich
really makes u think...

>He DEFINITELY NEVER suggested to me that I should kill myself.

LYNCHED

I mean LOOK at the guy. At the very least you'd ask why he hasn't.

I mean he has been in exile longer than his jail sentence would have been by a long shot but I have no doubt that Polanski set his wife up to be killed by the Manson family and ritualistically predepicted the sacrifice of wife and child in his film Rosemary's Baby. Polanski was deep into some satanic shit that eventually embroiled the kennedy's as well. Ritualistic murders, child abuse, the works. Anton LaVey has a producer credit on Rosemary's Baby. I've actually got a diagram of all the connected facts somewhere in my diary desu.

Jesus, how deep does the rabbit hole go? This sort of occultist shit is extremely unsettling and at this point after everything I've seen I have next to no doubt that 99% of celebrities and politicians are in on it

It's not just the elites. There is a whole criminal underworld to it as well. Criminal biker gangs, self help cults, etc. It happens on the margins of society and in the interstices.

Where can I find out more about this stuff? Genuinely curious

Season 3 is almost pure occultism, you're not going to get much from it unless you're initiated into a Western Hermetic Order and fairly well read. I have some friends that are pissed about the irresponsible use of imagery on the uninitiated, especially in episode 8.

I don't know for sure. I plan on writing about it soon. The Manson/Polanski stuff is well documented online. Read "Rosemary's Baby" too. Also look up the Dutroux Affair. Eyes Wide Shut is kind of essential. On a side note the author of "The Exorcist" was a commander in the psychological war division of the airforce. I will respond to the thread more thoroughly later my sleeping meds are kicking in.

'jack vance' ha ha ha

>well documented
Really? All there is to it is guesswork and "Coincidence? I think not!" blog posts. I picked out the more sober ones for those interested:

phinnweb.org/livingroom/rosemary/index2.html
mashable.com/2017/05/22/twin-peaks-michael-j-anderson-david-lynch-man-from-another-place/#Z5DP5LOlHqqK

This is interesting though. Please enlighten us