Why don't American children bring their own lunches to school?

Why don't American children bring their own lunches to school?

they're poor
the economys fucked...

Are you driving down the interstate while shitposting? The speed at which you're ban evading is impressive

why would we when the schools have better food?

what the fuck. takis in a school meal

Making your own lunch is cheaper than buying food every day.

Why would I be driving down the Interstate when I'm not in the US?

You live in Florida. We've been through this before.

The real answer: lunch is subsidized by the government and the majority qualify for free or reduced prices, except in wealthy neighborhoods.

I'm Canadian.

But it seems to be the norm throughout the country.

Lazy parents

Idk about nowadays, but the kids who brought lunches (I was one) when I was in school were considered poor by the other kids. So it's probably a social stigma thing and the psychological damage inflicted causes a person to end up on Veeky Forums.

because thanks to food allergies and schools covering their own ass, bringing a peanutbutter sandwich to school is an act of terrorism that gets you suspended and threatened by the cops

I brought my lunch a lot, but sometimes kids would make fun of the ones who brought their lunch. I dunno if they just felt more mature by having money and making a purchase or like says and they thought only poor kids brought their lunch. But I once had a bottle of imported water with my lunch that was given to me by the owner of the restaurant that my mom worked in and another kid got really upset and said I was showing off how rich I was or something. And another time I just had a bagel with cream cheese for lunch and this small group of kids were watching me and asked why I was eating a bagel for lunch.

Poor kids get free lunch though. Even if it were cheaper, a lot of parents just don't care what their kids eat because they suck. It would be nice if all parents wanted their kids to eat healthy, good food, but unfortunately that isn't the reality.

>all these people saying people who brought lunches to school were made fun of for being poor

Dude what? Where did live? People who's parents actually packed them something were envied. I went to a decently wealthy school as well

>I went to a decently wealthy school as well
Maybe that's why. Most kids at my school were poor and might've thought it was a status symbol that they had money to spend on food in front of other people.

>cafeteria food costs money in the US

why?

Yes, I imagine this is because lunch is subsidized by the government and the majority qualify for free or reduced prices, except in wealthy neighbourhoods.

That's the way it was in my schools too. But funnily enough it didn't seem to matter what the wealth of the school was. I went to elementary school in a very wealthy district but intermediate school in a very poor one. There was no difference in the quality of lunches (equally shitty) or who got made fun of for what. In fact, kids who brought their own lunches were usually well liked because they often had snacks or candy packed in their lunch which were of course in high demand.

The only time someone got made fun of is if they brought a packed lunch that contained a "strange" foreign food, or a really shitty candy item (off brand, diet, etc.)

>>cafeteria food costs money in the US
>why?
There is no such thing as a free lunch kid.

Not when you're on free school lunch dummy.

Canadian here

I walked home for lunch every day

Brought my lunch to school every day, am murrican. In PhD program, still bring lunch every day

I live in perhaps one of the most pozzed Mexican-infested places in the US.
These children are the spawn of illegal immigrants, but our retarded immigration laws mean if they are born on this soil, they are citizens, making them entitled to benefits that should be reserved for white Americans.

Consequently, these poor, subhuman scum are subsidized by the Jew-controlled government. They get free breakfast and lunch at school, and they get an after school snack for free if they want it as well. Their parents literally only have to feed them dinner. Most white kids bring their own lunch.

i just didnt eat

please stay on your containment board

Don't you have a new picture of Donald Trump's hair to jerk off into?

So, what would be the better option? To exclude them from the society and make the problem even worse? And please don't even start with the "muh deportation" argument. We both know that is not a viable option, not even Trump was able to enforce the deportation laws.

back to /pol/, wh*Toid. you are not welcome on BLA/CK/land

They do, it's just that sometimes the school lunches are better. When I was in high school we had this amazing lunch program where it was practically restaurant tier. Menus and everything. My brother who works as the network engineer for the district says it hasn't changed much, and has actually gotten even better. He just eats the food there rather than bringing his own.

>the deportation laws
Last I checked you couldn't deport a US citizen for being brown, the efforts of the Arpaio crowd notwithstanding

I meant deporting their families. But either way, shit is very complicated and Trumptards fail to see this problem. Heck, even in the most racist Middle Eastern shitholes they failed to deport the illegal pajeets that swarm to them on continuous bases.

>reserved for white Americans.
what about black americans?

(You)
(You)
>samefagging this hard

It's too much to carry a lunch and an assault rifle

When I was in elementary school my mom used to pack me leftovers for lunch, along with cutlery to eat them with. One day I got in a lot of trouble because I had a butter knife in my lunch box, so after that I bought lunch to avoid trouble.

isnt that an oxymoron?

there's a lot of weird 3rd world aspects of america that they try and keep hidden, this is one of them

where's the lie though
I went to school in Vegas and it was EXACTLY like that

Unironically? Death squads.

I did every day growing up. About a quarter of my class did.

Most parents are too lazy, or are too stupid to realize a sandwich + apple is probably cheaper than a school lunch unless it is free

Where i live, kids are no longer allowed to bring their own lunches. Supposedly because they have professional dieticians program the menus and parents can't be trusted to pack healthy lunches. But it's really because the school system here is greedy and fucked up and they want to force as many people as possible to shell out money for daily meals.

Many do. I grew up taking a sack lunch to school every day because my dad made too much money for the free lunches/breakfast program.

Lunch is middle school and high school was lit.