How the fuck am I supposed to eat pasta with mussels? Do I pick up the shells, get sauce all over my fingers...

How the fuck am I supposed to eat pasta with mussels? Do I pick up the shells, get sauce all over my fingers, and fork them out? Do I try to spear them while they're in the pasta and then sort of bury the shells at the bottom of the bowl?

Yes, you get sauce on your fingers. It's a messy meal.

Eat the shells, pussy.

this
OP make sure to wash your hands before tipping your fedora

You'll just pinch the shell with two fingers and fork the body out, you don't have to get sauce all over your fingers. Then you can remove the shell from your plate.

This is exactly why I never order this or any similar pasta that requires removing shells. Fucking stupid dish.

bump

I never knew anyone could be this retarded.

>Fucking stupid dish.

This.

Shelled Prawns etc are also fucking annoying.

The real question is how the fuck do i eat prawns and lobster at fancy restaurants

>you order a dish with prawns
>restaurant neglected to take the tails off so now you have to pick through your fucking plate to remove them all so as not to crunch down on the fuckers
Why do cooks do this?

You wear a glove on one hand and use a fork in the other.

This is one of the worst things. It turns a simple meal into a small job and a messy one at that.

With a fork and knife? At a fancy restaurant, the lobster should be only loosely in the shell (for aesthetics only) and the prawns should be de-shelled and de-veined.

autism
Most places I've had moules at offer one of those wet wipe packets or something similar. Just pick the shells up.

Are there really people who don't know how to remove shrimp shells with a fork and knife?

But then you lose 5% of your shrimp in the process. It's no hard for the cook to simply take the tail off and it doesn't affect the quality of the prawns to cook them without tails so why do they do it?

Theyre served fresh in shell at most seafood places ive been to

Most ive been to have a bowl to clean your hands, it still feels wrong to deshell with your hands

I personally object not so much to the non-de-shelled prawns but to the twisted mind that leaves the prawn tail on. I'm ok with eating grilled prawns whole and de-shelling them myself, sucking the juices out of the head and sucking the lemon, salt and prawny juices off the hard prawn shell. But serving prawns with the shell on their tails is the equivalent of having sex with your socks on, it's just a big no-no.

>But serving prawns with the shell on their tails is the equivalent of having sex with your socks on, it's just a big no-no.
But there's nothing wrong with either of those, I for one find a girl wearing only socks rather arousing. Now if you said "shoes on" or "pants only half down" I might agree.

Also I guess this could be a dialect thing but I assume by prawns you mean the same thing as shrimp. It's really a question of how big those prawn/shrimp are. Big ones, you probably aren't going to enjoy the head and tail unless it's fried in very hot oil. Smaller ones though, if you're too much of a squeamish whitebread to enjoy the good bits, you don't love food.

You're right. It's like having sex with your shoes on. I once ate at a place where they served small crunchy prawns that you could eat whole. They were really good.

>retards will defend this

Holy fucking shit, why is Veeky Forums filled with so many soyims who deshell their shrimps/prawns ITT? Do you have crooked teeth and can't chew the crunchy shells? I can understand getting rid of the staches/antennas and the head/brain (first thing most of us chefs do anyway), but deshelling the entire thing?

Rude.

Are you going to die by getting a little bit of sauce on your fingers?

you can slip them out with your fingers in 2 seconds. Asians in factories do it in 0.2 sec

>Just pick the shells up.
Spaghetti isn't supposed to be finger food, unless you're a 4 year old baby.