Has anyone heard anything lately about the "ruby chocolate" that Barry Callebaut announced back in September...

Has anyone heard anything lately about the "ruby chocolate" that Barry Callebaut announced back in September? Apparently it's due to appear "in an emerging market" early next year, which I assume will be China.

fuck off shill

I'm not a shill, I'm just curious because there's a new product made with a ~~top secret~~ process that a lot of sources think is going to taste like shit.

Secret ingredient being meat leftovers?

>I'm reasonably certain that they're not fermenting the cacao, which is definitely a key thing. That makes it dubious about whether you'd really want to call it chocolate because fermentation is where the chocolate flavour starts to begin coming in
I hadn't heard of this, but it does sound like a bad idea for the sake of a novelty color

>new product
Retard.

>take cocao solids
>add red food coloring

fucking magic

WTF is that shit

it looks like a weird gaint passionfruit-shaped nut and pink cheese

What's it made of then?

They claim there's no other colour added.

You mean the cacao pod?

if you present your new producst as a "new color" insteaf of a "new flavor" you are already walking in red flags territory.

It is a new flavor, people who've tasted said it has a berry undertone to it.

Just as racist as white chocolate.
When will these chocolate producers become more progressive?

Did a thread about this month ago, and someone from the industry had some good points about the different types of chocolates.
Also Ruby cocoa bean

Who gives a fuck? They're trying to build hype and you're falling into it.

What the fuck? I love food colouring now!!

Why shouldnt they build hype? Its a new fucking chocolate! How long has it been since there was a new type of chocolate??

>they blend some rind into it and cut it with enough other shit for it to be visible

the cocoa bean itself is pink you retard

pls no ableism pls k thx :-)

fuck off shill, they put red food coloring and HFC into it so American retards like you can overpay for it

if you can call white chocolate chocolate you can call unfermented chocolate chocolate.

Only women and gays eat chocolate.

There are literally pictures of the beans and they are pink

Also its Swiss not American

I looked it up, the beans aren't different in any way. It's just processed differently.

No, theyre pink

lots of the chocolate you've eaten was pink before the cacao was fermented

Why does South American chocolate taste better than African chocolate?

So what does unfermented cacao taste like

All the information is either garbage marketing from the company itself, or """chocolate experts""" who claim it's bad despite never tasting it or knowing the actual manufacturing process. They do make sure to shill their own chocolate store on the side which is of course superior to an evil soulless corporation, artisan chocolate with surprise solids straight from the chocolatista's face, $24.99 plus tip wa la

Either way, I'll try it once and forget about it, price will probably be something retarded like ten bux a bar and taste like something that can easily be replicated for a fraction of the cost.

As for the colour, isn't it pretty much a moot point, given that cocoa naturally is (a very intense) red?
I recall something about red velvet cake originally being coloured using cocoa.

For all intents and purposes it could be white chocolate to which a dilute cocoa extract has been added for colour.
This is of course impossible to tell without knowing the actual content of dry cocoa solids.

>it has undertones of a flavour associated with its colour
Wouldn't be surprised to find that said undertones disappear in a blind taste test.

Food coloring? What's stopping someone from doing so and ruining ruby chocolate's reputation?

Chinese claim a lot of shit though. They're literally the jews of asia. They don't give a fuck about whether they rip someone off, cheat, lie or scam their way to make a quick buck. The way their legal system works is they have no repercussions for any of that shit.

>berry undertone
wow, berries, totally new and no chocolate has ever tasted like that!
Notice how they chose something that is associated to the color red/pink, despite making no sense in the context of chocolate, just because they know placebo effects and color theory make people think wrong things when tasting it to begin with.
Enjoy your candy snake oil.

>How long has it been since there was a new type of chocolate??

70 years.

Are those the genius cucks who bought bulk chocolate from other places, pretended they made it themselves, and then wrapped each bar in "vintage" paper to sell for mad profit to retard hipsters?

The company is Swiss, they're probably going to release it in China though because they love anything red and don't care if it tastes bad.

you're either a shill or a mark, in either case you shouldn't be starting threads.

Maybe next time try actually reading up on it before you embarrass yourself.

yes

Yeah, let's just have another McDonald's thread, or Bang's, or Bar S. Let's not discuss something that is either a new product or an enormous scam.

lol yeah barry callebaut has an army of paid shills hanging out on a website for poor NEET trump voting losers, pedophiles, and teenagers LARPing as adults

surely getting a bunch of shut-ins who consider Five Guys a luxurious indulgence for the super-rich excited about a new product is a good use of your resources. maybe they'll even turn it into a racist meme, that would be real success!

I posted this:
but I was swayed by the logic and hilarity in this:
should we start a rumor that ruby chocolate is red from the blood of christian babies, killed by barry callebaut's jewish army.

It also makes no sense to shill for a company that doesn't sell to consumers.

>shill
I don’t think you know what that word means.
Retard.

shill

noun
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
verb
act or work as a shill.

Can't believe you had to look it up.

I didn't have to, because I know what it means. I wanted to post the exact dictionary definition so even a retard like you wouldn't be able to argue it. Also, not the same guy you were talking to. A shill is someone who pretends to be a customer in order to get someone else to spend their money. That's it. That's all it will ever mean.

What meaning does it have that doesn't apply here?

exactly

>hat a lot of sources think is going to taste like shit.
people tried it at the launch

>if you can call white chocolate chocolate
You can't.

>crappy hipster chocolcate
Lol fuck off

The clickbait farms tried to make it look like they were buying some bottom-shelf crap but it was valhrona, which is pretty high quality chocolate.

When you buy a $10 "artisan" bar from those shops that do all their own processing in house, it's not really 100% better than a $5 bar of valhrona, that's just how economies of scale work. Small shops, small batches = big prices. It doesn't make the chocolate better.

They were just clever enough to figure out that there's an upper ceiling to how good chocolate reasonably needs to be, and beyond that is free money. I don't see a problem with this because I don't make a habit of buying $10 bars.

>you didn't own me you just don't understand things I never said!
Fuck off, retard. That shit has all the aspect of a scam from its core to its minute details.

>They're literally the jews of asia
In terms of power rankings, it takes three jews to scam two chinks.

And...?

>This thread
Imagine being so mad at a fucking chocolate, a chocolate you've never even tasted mind you.

I can imagine it all too easily.
The dangers of the 'tism.

Red velvet cake gets its color from a chemical reaction between cocoa powder and anything alkaline

Chocolate comes from the Americas :)

what is that? chocloate covered balut?

Have you never seen a picture of a cocoa pod before? Are you that tween sperging out in the other thread about roasties? If you are under the age of 18 discontinue browsing immediately.

Fuck off, this board needs different threads now and again. Not just the same old shitty McChicken threads and Jack threads.

Do you really go thread to thread picking internet fights? are you that in need of interaction? lolololol what the fuck? go out for a smoke or something because this shit is pathetic.

>lolololol
underage confirmed

yeah keep rocking back and fourth telling yourself that.

>being mad at everyone, all at once
To be fifteen again

calm down, kiddo

It gets its color from food coloring or, traditionally, beet juice.

Maybe in modern times, but originally the color came from non-dutched chocolate reacting with acids.

I've heard that theory and I don't buy it.

I heard they're going to sell it in bars around the world in the new year, and some of the bars are going to have a gold foil inside.

If you find one of them, you're going to get to do a tour of the factory! how cool is that?

You don't get striking reds, but you *can* get reddish cupcakes with the right method. (search ben starr velvet)

Only in this thread because I recognised the name from an article this morning. Same company is releasing a gold chocolate.

someone put this guy out of his fucking misery, goddamn.

that's brown.

the one on the right is red

they are both brown.

Well then, give me some lipstick and fuck me running because I eat chocolate like it's going out of style.

Probably China indeed.
I work as an importer of goods in China and Chinks pay up to 10 times more for any Western-branded shit. They have no idea how prices work. That's also why they cut prices very harshly but if you resist a bit you always have a fucking retarded Chinese millenial cashing out half of a month salary on stupid shit like pink chocolate.

Fucking hell. And this is supposed to be the food board.

Try some when it comes out and report back.

Chinese believe in "get what you pay for". They pay extra for foreign house because they know they won't get ripped off or get shit that breaks.

Someone post the screencap of the steel trader "Don't learn Chinese" guy.

>they know they won't get ripped off
Barry Callebaut seems to think otherwise

Found it

They wouldn't be launching it in China first (where Chinese peasants and previously peasants nouveau riche can't tell the difference between something actually good and something absolutely disgusting because of their peasant palate) it it tasted any good.

lol'd

and people say /pol/ is the issue

>"sips" threads allowed (blatant teenaged intern viral marketing), only a few people ever call them out in those threads
>fucking callebaut chocolate gets called out en masse

cmon guys

Callebaut forgot to pay Veeky Forums mods bribe.

are you colorblind? Do you not see the red tones? I'm being serious.

Just read the whole thing, and decided I'm not fucking going on vacation to China. Ever. Although I do wanna open some fraudulent businesses there.