Post insightful things you've seen posted on the chan Veeky Forums

Post insightful things you've seen posted on the chan Veeky Forums

Nigga do you understand what a book is?

I do ""nigga""

Do you understand that this book isn't only for taking about literature but also philosophy and related topics?

you realize you killed a thread about books for your blogshit basic hygiene course? how dumb is your ass that you think adults who read books need to be told shit that is usually detailed in books for children 5-10?

Thanks for the bump cuck

This is bullshit
Learn something about the skin and the microbes that life on it
This one is fine , though fashion is also about mimicking those with prestige, or in general, those who are associated with societal fitness

Also thanks for the reply, made me realize I posted the wrong image :^)

you first ;))

This is great, I'm going to try this.

I have a few, though I saved them as text.
---

> There's an incentive for the universities to cowtow to it's students so that they'll get their tuition dollars etc. Here education is free and the professors could just tell you to be quiet or fuck off basically.

You're absolutely right about this, the removal of power from professors and to administrators, who view students as customers rather than pupils, has greatly empowered students to police classroom content.

It used to be, maybe 10 years ago even, that an issue on campus would be resolved on campus, and that would be the end of it. Now, though, with the rise of Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and various clickbait sites like HuffPo and Daily Beast, if students don't like the answer they get from professors or administration to something that happened (for instance, a professor saying in class that biology might be responsible for some differentiation of behavior between the sexes), they go to the media or put it online, and spread it to attract negative attention. With the new 2011 Title IX guidelines, stuff like this has created the possibility of loss of federal funds should students feel "unwelcome", so the negative attention could attract federal investigators. So the end result of the negative attention is the school apologizes, promises to establish an "Office of Diversity and Inclusion" or to make the one that they already have stronger, and this office, staffed by people who are very sensitive and responsive to even the most tenuous student claims, ends up becoming the most powerful arbiter of what is acceptable to say and promote on campus, both in the classroom and outside of it.

tl;dr corporatization and commodification of higher ed are destroying its intellectual value by letting students choose what can be taught on campus

---

Love, at its most pure, is unselfish desire for the well being of another. Unselfish desire, however, is a bit of an oxymoron when it comes to people.
One of our faults, as people, is that we cannot truly desire something in an selfless manner.
This leads me to believe that humans are incapable of experiencing pure love.
It is also what separates us from the gods of myth and holiness in general, but I digress.
This fault does not stop us from trying. People might not be able to reach the purest form, but the we have adapted it to fit our own disposition.
If we were holy, that is, if we could give out pure love, we would be able give out love continuously without it affecting any other part of our psyche.
This is not the case, however, and so when a person gives love, it is tainted by desire, greed, and so loving becomes a strenuous task.
The more love the try to give out, the more need for someone else to give us love back increases, because it is not selfless.
We were talking about the love between a parent and a child, so I will focus on how this emulated, human love comes into play in that type of relationship.
A parent-child relationship is lopsided and unbalanced.
When a person becomes a parent, they shower their child with love and build up a "love debt" for lack of a better term.
Normally, this "debt" is repaid constantly in the form of the satisfaction a parent gets from seeing their child grow, as well as the love the child gives to the parent.
However, not all people have an equal desire, and this is where an unhealthy relationship starts.
In the sheltering scenario, I think the parent tries to give out more love, usually in the form of physical security and things, expecting that the child will "repay" the extra.
In this case, the parent is greedy, they want and it doesn't matter what it is, they just want more of it.

---

this board is eighteen plus
you stupid little prick
stop making such a fuss
or i'll hit you with a stick

just write down some fucking words
rearrange them 'til they rhyme
now go eat a bag of turds
i haven't got the time

to explain any further
you know, i'm a busy man
i've got to eat this bag of Werther
's Originals and i'm too busy to try to make this fucking poem scan

op is unquestionably a faggot
now get lost, you lousy maggot

---

Her dirtiness needs cleaning. Her cleanliness demands to be messed up.

The turbulent nature of male-female relationships has been discussed, debated and bemoaned since Adam and Eve. Long may it continue, for there is no love without the tussle, the tumbling over each other in the pursuit of personal ecstasy. If woman exists as a chaotic disruptive force, it is because man wants it so. Because man needs it so. A stable relationship free of strife is a sterile desert for man's creative nature, less a completed portrait than an empty canvas that the artist has abandoned.

Even now I see her, in a green sweater, folds of fabric where my hands had grasped earlier. She proudly dresses without concern for outward appearance in seeming appreciation of our bond. That's not how it works, sweetie. Societal conventions must've been established by the whores of old; why else would women doll themselves up for company and make us an audience of one for their unkempt selves? No one ever bought a ticket to stay backstage.

"The new fashion center is opening soon, you want to take a look?"

She doesn't even react, turning the page of her Reader's Digest, "I don't need anything right now."

In that instant, I see impending decades. The comfortable slide into monotonous mediocrity. Unprovoked un-inspiration. The bitch thinks she's got me already.

On the TV an ice skater twirls, her form, costume and physique honed over years of practice to entice the senses. All that daring and discipline, precision sensuality, just to be judged as cattle. Beautiful.

"You never watched figure skating before." I hadn't noticed 20 mins had gone by.

"A man starts to appreciate the finer things as time goes by." It was delivered flippantly, but an arctic breeze descended as my barb found its target. She grew quiet, observing with me the allure better women were capable of. And when night fell, the seed of inadequacy still lain in her mind.

And that's quite alright. I'm only in her for myself, anyway.

>postmodern gibberish
wow very insightful

---

Form, composition, balance, rhythm, flow, curves of movement (flow again), not being stiff, not cliche, originality.

There's more but those are the ones that are common among all arts.

In literature you can find:
use of grammar, rethoric, oratory, figures of speech, rhythm in the prose, metrics, power of imagery, novelty in the word choice, word invention, vocab size, puntuaction, quality of metaphors and similes.

Also writing in informationally dense sentences (not using extra words) except when creating atmosphere.

Just like a carpenter has tools, those tools are used by the artist's skill into making an intentional effect.

>starts with a thesis
>gives examples to prove it
this is literally 3rd grade english, you're hopelessly brain-dead if it's just gibberish to you

>the feminine reaffirming masculine subjectivity
>subjectivity
>neofascistic fascination with cuckoldry
>neofascistic

?????

The examples make sense when they're used, but both the ideas and the examples supporting them aren't clear on what they intend to reveal about the human condition. It's likely because the overall idea is incoherent and garbled to anybody who doesn't share in the author's ideological delusions, so I'm probably missing a few key assumptions. It's postmodern gibberish, and it seems like you've been inculcated in it enough to find meaning where it doesn't exist.

>muh nice clothes

do you even stoicism nigger? ;^)

>mfw the op asks for insightful things and just gets post modern garbage

None of this is insightful.

The first two paragraphs are a bit vague but were an okay read. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the author meant by "the feminine reaffirming masculine subjectivity", "neofascistic fascination with cuckoldry" and how those two concepts are connected to the ideas explored in the beginning. user is right, it's postmodern gibberish. He can't think, he can't write. There's no discernible talent.

So sad how true it is.
Currently in a uni with vocal sjw group of students from the medieval history and medieval art history. They promote the most brutal online campaigns against persons they percieve as questionable in academia. Yet one of the most prominent themes in studyibg the middle ages is the universitie's attempts to remain and even increase their indepandance.

>remember to wash every day
HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES

If you regard that as insightful then you might be retarded

I guess I will go first then

Retarded. Sage.