Is there anything more patrician than reading on a plane?

Is there anything more patrician than reading on a plane?

boogs................ easzy on tha carrits xddddddd

Excuse me?

I saw a young lad, possibly eastern European reading an old 19th century leatherbound tome next to me on a plane. Now I have a large collection of vintage books, not for collecting only, for reading, but the way this guy thumbed through it like a pleb was frightening enough but then I realised that all his books were probably like that and that he was doing so because he could afford to...
>Patrician
Let us recall the traditional European aristocratic disdain for bookish learning.

Fuck off, you cunt.

A thread posted an image of a fat bugs bunny (it might still be in the catalog) and one of the first posts was "bugs, easy on the carrots" or something and it gained an intense amount of replies, despite it not being funny. It's mainly people nagging to be part of the screengrab.

That's normie tier. Patrician is thinking.

B U G S
U
G
S

Reading in a place like pic related is more patrician imhotbqhwyf

what in a fuckin african desert lmao u twat

Someone post the bugs image so we can call this thread finished already.

E A S Y
A
S
Y

getting drunk on a plane while reading

No! Wait! Getting drunk on a plane while listening to audiobooks! Ay, there's the rub.

O N
N

Ah, yes. Because if there's one thing I enjoy, it's 50°c heat and no shade. Really curdles the brainmeat.

T H E
H
E

TONGUE
O
N
G
U
E

Reading on a ship.

C A R R O T S
C
A
R
R
O
T
S

Reading on your son's funeral

The noise of the plane drowns out pretty much everything, it's great.

patrician.. easy on the planes

I read The Turner Diaries on my ladt flight. Never felt so aristo.

>glorified buses
>constant malbooking
>dry air
>taste a shit
>nose dry
>patrician
Wew, lad!

Rading on a long-distance train

try Kacznyski next time, see how you go.

>I saw a young lad, possibly eastern European reading an old 19th century leatherbound tome next to me on a plane.
Either that or it's a family heirloom. Between my parent's and grandparent's libraries there's probably a literal ton of books like that in my family.

>exactly_what_I_meant.jpeg
yeah, figures.
but how often do you take yours out for a spin on a plane?

>but how often do you take yours out for a spin on a plane?
Usually never, because I hate reading Fraktur.

>didn't remove the dustjacket before reading
Looks like Dali was a fucking pleb

>reading Fraktur on an international flight
>Avenge_Dresden.jpeg
Top kek

Not that guy but I did bring my 1800s book with me on the train once. I was stopped by a very nice elderly couple that I had a nice conversation with.
Said it was very unusual to see someone reading such old books and I probably didn't have any friends because of it.
Kinda hurt at the time, but they were very nice, so I tried not to let it get to me.

>probably didn't have any friends because of it.
wtf? you should have told them that they too, being old, probably don't have any friends either. senile dementia I guess, or proletarians.

They meant that reading 200 year old books on public trains usually requires the kind of specialized interest that you don't get if you're regularly meeting people and socializing.
Besides, it was true at the time.
I have friends now, and meet them regularly. Incidentally, I don't read 200 year old books on trains anymore.
Tactlessness isn't the same as maliciousness. Since I'm borderline anyway, I try extra hard not to take things personally.

what was the book?

Kurz und Quer Durch Indien by S. Wörrishöffer 1884

I love those old travelogues too.

Reading in space

Yeah, it's pretty great. I don't think it's a real travelogue though.

pleb. Reading in one of these is only for the true elite.

BUGS XXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDD

On a boat while the waves drum on the hull. Hard mode: writing poems on the sea sickness bags during a storm. Planes...