The city government won't let a Pal's get built because the building looks so gaudy

>the city government won't let a Pal's get built because the building looks so gaudy

Fuck you, I like the food.

What are you talking about?

can you not fucking read?

Pal's wants to build a restaurant, but the city won't let them because they think the building is ugly.

Maybe they could just not put a big fucking hotdog, burger, fries and cup on the outside of the building?

Eyesore codes exist for a good reason.

>they think the building is ugly
It is, I mean just look at it. Shit like that lowers the property value of everything within eye sight of it.

Silly me. I thought America was a free country, but let's be reasonable, you can't just put a hot dog on a building.

But what the fuck is a pal's and what fucking city is this anal. I need details.

It's a very very very local chain.

many cities that aren't shitfucknowhere, mexico or alabamba have regulations about how faggy buildings can look

You know their food, can you explain why you're bothered about building codes in a place you don't live?

>I thought America was a free country
That is about as stupid as saying freedom of speech means you have the freedom to yell "fire" in a movie theater with no repercussions.

The freedom of some corporation to build an eyesore, does not over ride the freedom of the neighbors (or the city) to protect the property values of the surrounding area.

Shut the hell up. I'm liberal as fuck, and even I am tired of that argument.

Idiot

It lowers the property value? I thought that stopped being an argument when they started stopping people from burning crosses in niggers yards

I don't think you understand how rights work
you are quite literally saying your rights end where my feelings begin

Huh, I'm only 40 minutes away from the nearest Pal's, and I've never heard of it. Makes you wonder how many little unknown chains like this there are in the US.

Where is it written that you have a right to put up a building with a giant hotdog on the top of it?

>you are quite literally saying your rights end where my feelings begin
Not at all. I am saying your rights (in this case to build an eyesore) end where they effect my rights (to maintain my property value).

You could make a case that what defines an eyesore is a matter of feelings (and I'd probably agree with you), but when that is codified in to an ordnance, it really isn't a matter of fee-fees any more. If property values are lowered, that is a real harm to the owners of said properties.

good god what a dumb fuck
taking away the ability of the town to regulate things in its borders is would be taking away liberty from the town

Pals is pretty great. I didn't realize it was such a small chain since I live in Morristown TN and we have one in each side of town.

Americans and their addiction to over the top fake shit, i mean look at that, so plastic, so retardedly american. And you seem to love that trash.

this looks like a restaurant in a satire about America, what a fuckin eyesore

you don't have a right to dictate what people do on their property because it effects the value of yours, that's a civil issue you handle with them
I on the other hand have the right to do what ever I want on my property so long as the municipality is zoned for it unless otherwise agreeing to something else. If my structure is legal and code abiding you can't say I'm not allowed to build it because you don't like how it looks.
america has a negative rights constitution, that gives the people power to do things without permission from the government
as opposed to the positive rights constitutions most other countries have where people are required to get permission before doing anything

unless something is established as law preventing your actions, you can't retroactively deny someone the ability to do it just because you don't like it
show me the law that says people may not have giant hotdogs on their building please

is this a restaurant for the retarded?

jesus christ it's literally a weenie hut jr's

Look at OPs posts and you tell me

>Americans are so dumb they literally need giant statues of burgers to know they sell them

>this is what modern culture has amounted to
brb killing myself

I don't see a Pal's there. You should get one.

Pizza Luce is a superior small chain in a superior place.

It's in Tennessee.

I like it, reminds me of the 70s. I can't stand that sleek Ipod cafe shit they have going on in other joints.

>This faggot thinks had the ancients been able to build a giant plastic hotdog they wouldn't have

Well, gubmint's got a point.

Why can't Pal's just make something not ugly?
Even McDonald's acquiesces to government aesthetic requirements.

I think that's fucking stupid. I hate when I go to a city and every single fucking building is the same drab color.

Yeah, well, you're unironically pushing for the single most hideous burger joint ever built by Man's sinful hand, so forgive me if I don't care about your opinions on urban aesthetics.

Your city government is doing god's work. That's an ugly fucking building. If one was in my neighborhood, I'd move out.

Fuckin' Santa Fe

I been to Pal's and its a big fucking nothing. Theres absolutely nothing special about it. I don't know why people act like its amazing.

they just had to get a local guy to spray stucco all over that

i bet if you crashed a car into that the coating would fall off and reveal a standard mcdonalds

Yup. The McDonald's in my hometown was required to cover it's facade in the native limestone, so it would match the other local older buildings, and use more subtle colors like yellow instead of red so it wouldn't be an eyesore. Much better than their cheap looking corporate facades.

When my city government got rid of certain aesthetic building codes, the entire town went to shit and crime rates soared.

I wouldn't want that near me.

Some places put alot of effort into maintaining an aesthetic. In some places it's kinda pointless but in others it can be pretty important. For instance pic related is a Mcdonalds in Antigua Guatemala that was built in the shell of old Spanish-colonial earthquake architecture building which is one of that cities major tourist draws. The law of the land in that city is "Don't fuck with the tourists". Taxis there are incredibly safe, when I was there apparently some new taxi driver decided to get handsy with a tourist girl. The other taxi drivers beat him to death.

Also, you can't really see it in this picture but the guy to the left of the doorway is an armed security guard. Mcdonalds was being cheap. Burger king had two guys with sawed-off pump shotguns.

People act like it's amazing because it's regional. When you live someplace where you know you simply don't have access to a lot of good things ANYTHING you have that the rest of the country doesn't becomes a point of pride. It doesn't matter whether or not it's any good. All that matters is you have it and the rest of the country doesn't.

but user my rights start where your feelings begin :)

>Literally a chain from the Kentucky/Tennessee border
What were you saying about bumfuck nowhere?