Is there anything more patrician than reading in prison?

Is there anything more patrician than reading in prison?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Prison_writings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reading in a sex offender chemical treatment facility?

B U G S
U
G
S

reading while working as a guard at an african ethnic cleansing camp?

Writing in prison

E A $ У

As someone who relentlessly studied the Bible in prison I can honestly say it's the best motivation to read and finish books, then read them again twice for good measure.

You have nothing to do all day but eat and read, or socialize with your pleb tier inmates when you get the chance.

I was wrongfully imprisoned btw, God bless America.

I swear though, if those fascist fucking jailers would let you write in prison you could come up with the most amazing shit, since the only thing you can do is sit there and think all day in solitude.

you was locked up?

What was the beef? who was you down with?

Story time?

>I was wrongfully imprisoned
Go on...

Reading outside of prison

Pleb alert. Break the social contract bro, It's the only way to be truly free

It's actually pretty common for inmates to write novels, by hand on legal pads, in prison.

Not saying they're good...or even literate, but...there you go.

>getting caught is the only way to be truly free

>social contract
I never signed it.

Ex inmate here too. I read the Koran after getting bored with the Bible, my celly was a black Muslim; ended up making friends and playing scrabble a lot. He told me that whites are racist because we were kicked out of Africa for being weird freaks. It made sense at the time but now the Afro-genesis theory has been refuted I think.

My Mother's Ex-Husband (my Step-Dad) and my Mother were going to court due after discovering from both my sisters that he sexually abused them as children. It wasn't until my older sister went to therapy that she even remembered any of it (they mentally blocked it), meanwhile my younger sister was still a child and being abused, they were able to collect semen samples from her vag and match it with Step-Dad's DNA.

We all went to court in his county, where the abuse happened at the time, we couldn't go to court outside of it because the events didn't happen in that court.

We get to court, our attorny showed up late to the proceedings, and the judge used that as a basis TO DISMISS OUR FUCKING CASE right then and there, without looking over any of the evidence.

I had a little bit of a breakdown and told him I was going to take him to court on counts of corruption, bad mistake.

Half a week later a cop pulls me over for speeding (literally only 5 mph over on a county road) and plants crack in my car, goes on to say he found me with it.

Go to court with that same sniffling smiling ratty piece of shit judge, he sentences me to five years in prison for possession of 5g of crack.

I urged my Mom to take this all to state court, but we had no fucking money, we were broke, I was just sent to jail on false charges, and my sisters were loons.

So I started reading the Bible, and here I am.

Man, America is such a barbaric country

>things that never happened the post

pretty elaborate

fuck dude, I'm sorry about that. Being wrongfully convicted is one of my fears, I hate the idea of being part of a system where you can get fucked over by people cheating

Did you do the whole sentence? That's fucking crazy but not unbelievable drug """possession""" is an easily faked crime. Every time I was locked up I was guilty at least.

Reading Lolita as a sex offender in prison
You'd need massive balls for it

Should be in the public record somewhere. The guy doesn't have any posting history associated with his name so he should at least be able to provide a link.

Why do you care? Probably a fucking cop

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Innocent until proven guilty

nice sophistry

Thanks.

burden of proof

Listen asshole, you won't find me in a public registry because

1. I obviously changed out details to protect my identity

2. I'm not going to let anyone, least of all Veeky Forums users know who I am and my history

3. I've already been wrongfully jailed before, I won't be wrongfully jailed again.

as far as anyone is concerned you made one post. even if you did post it, the only thing associated with it would be the post itself.

watch this

>be me
>go out clubbing
>can't be bothered to go home
>sleep in a bin

proof: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185

No, I got parole after three and a half years, kinda sucky though because my behavior was always good.

Also in conjuction to what I said, I later found out that the judge was good friends with Step-Dad and had family ties from a while back, it being a small town and all. They were apart of the same pool league in town, and Step-Dad was their best player.

Step-Dad was actually probably the one that stopped me from getting 100g's planted on me. He never had anything against me, but the judge needed me to go away, so I figure they only planted that much to teach me a 'lesson'.

That still doesn't make me want to stop from killing them both. I'm far away from both now but goddamnit if the system doesn't work then vigilantes need to do something. I still feel like the judge and Step-Dad should be lynched. Who knows what else that fucker has done or let slide?

Whatever man, if you don't believe what I've said then don't believe it. Enjoy living in your little bubble where the system always works and the bad guys always go away.

We live in a fucked up society based on the panopticon.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to NEVER disrespect a judge or police officer. They have the power and WILL use it to take you down, especially if they are corrupt.

Never involve the state in anything you do, I mean fucking NEVER. It's just like that old saying, "If you invite a cop into your home they will find something to arrest you for."

Also, if you are wrongfully imprisoned, never tell your inmates or guards that you were, they will just think you are a loon.

i didn't say i don't believe you. i'm sorry for what happened, it's actually quite typical of the legal system and one of the reasons i'm a libertarian.

my point was that there's nothing harmful to you or any other parties involved in posting some evidence.

doobie doo doobie doobie doo ah ha ha

and then you'd lose them shortly thereafter in the showers

Unless you're in a low level yard or have books mailed to you, the selection is pretty shitty, similar to county, but you will read anything you can because you're bored. Low level yards have nice libraries though, and if you have a long sentence you can get a job with the books

t. former convict

This. OP's thing is so dumb-easy that I half-suspect that he set us up for it.

t. Bertrand Russell, Sade, and others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Prison_writings

Mike Tyson read Kierkegaard in prison.

Negus Veeky Forums af.

I do not believe a cop planted crack in your car for no discernable reason.

If the idea is that he tracked down your car, to catch you speeding, to plant crack in your car, because he was in cahoots with the judge, that is unbelievable given the circumstances and nobody sane would engage in such a conspiracy.

I mean is the idea a piece of shit judge got a buddy out a guilty sentence believable? Sure.

Is the idea the judge would have judged you in a bias way believable? Yes.

Is somebody in the court making vague threats against the judge going to cause a judge to engage in a conspiracy to plant crack on you believable? The idea doesn't make sense to me. The judge would be far more likely to get away with any misdeeds by simply doing nothing, not going through the fuss of planting crack on you.

Don't trust a story where one of the people in it isn't acting in any way that seems realistic to me.

Incredibly relevant literature in pic related, I hope you are successful in your life's quest

i actually read this in prison. it was my first foray into true literature. haven't looked back since. one of my favorite books. read dante, milton, beowulf, don quixote, dickens, dostoevsky, tolstoy, and others as well during my various institutional visits.

so youre this dude who skipped out on his pregant wife?

>i actually read this in prison. it was my first foray into true literature.
user, you're halfway into living a poetic life. I don't envy your circumstances, but I envy the way you've handled them.

i was blessed with amphetamines during my stay. i would have ripped my skin to shreds had i not had my books.
i remember i was in solitary while reading Dumas, whatever translation it was, i forget. I completely immersed myself in it, was able to speak in the translator's words, i even gained an accent. i had no idea, having been stuck wih only a pair of eyes checking me through a slot from time to time, finally i got a celly, and he was a ghetto black man, i spoke to him, the first i had spoken in over a month, he genuinely had no what the hell i was saying, in a week, i spoke the same gutter trash he spoke. it's so transient, the mimicked voice. i only find fault in that i cannot conjure it at will. i used to write requests for favors to the staff in the style of constance garnett, they were elaborate and ridiculous, but i always got what i wanted, and they would always grace me with a huge grin when they did the favors.

I've read while locked up. Never read so much in my life and never left my cell without a book. Finished something like 7 novels in 6 weeks.

Been looking for that .gif thx senpai

Cheers man, I'll take your word for it

Probably not being in jail.

Who here now purposely plotting to get themselves thrown in jail for maximum efficiency reading?

Maybe obeying the law

protip: you're not an ubermench if you get caught and made into a suppliant ward of the state

>>can't be bothered to go home
>>sleep in a bin

what a terrible soldier

he should have just drunk driven and plowed into a class of Okinawan schoolchildren like a G*d fearing US Marine

ye

na

Reading in a Norwegian prison after killing Breivik