Paul distorted Christ's teachings

>Paul distorted Christ's teachings
The only way the Gospels even form a coherent doctrine is through a Pauline. Any other reading, in order to be coherent, would need a massive and highly speculative reconstruction of the Gospels

>namefags
What the fuck is the point of this

OP... easy on the christposting.

OP you should read Pope Benedict's "Jesus of Nazareth" books. They're masterpieces of Christology.

>wannabe Orthodox Christian trying to rile the Catholics of Veeky Forums

just take your vow or oath or whatever already dang

I keep seeing anons recommending, especially homofags. Can't tell if it's genuine or just memery.

Which is it?

This is a Catholic board.

They're legitimately the greatest theological works of the last 50 years. They're going to be up there with the Confessions in a century or so. Benedict's going to be named a Doctor of the Church after he dies.

PhD in shrouding pedophiles

Ratzinger has been posted here a few times for a reason.
>Pope Benedict XVI wrote 66 books, three encyclicals, and three apostolic exhortations
>an accomplished pianist
>also known to be fond of cats
>professor of theology at several German universities
>he was called "the pope of aesthetics"
>knows German, Italian, French, Latin, English, Spanish, ancient Greek, Hebrew

kek

it's pretty ironic that bishops and cardinals are all guaranteed going to hell tho isn't it. or maybe their soul will be reincarnated to try again w/o fucking up, bringing them closer to the good. meta-irony.

For such an accomplished man it raises suspicion that shortly into his reign as Pope he decides to abdicate, for the first time in over 500 years.

What the fuck is going on here?

i think Paul took liberties with his position in the church. Did he distort Jesus' teachings? Well that's open for discussion- his teachings are recorded in the gospels and Paul's letters speak for themselves. i dont think he is a particularly likeable character- where jesus taught love Paul taught the stricter side of Christianity, but maybe it did need some muscle and discepline in order to basically create and structure a religion. And challenging coherence just reveals you to be a literary pleb... i bet you think Ulysses is incoherent nonsense

He said it was because of his health; I mean he was 85 years old at the time.

I see no reason to disbelieve the official story: that he fell ill, realized he was getting particularly old, and felt he was no longer fit to maintain the schedule that the papacy required. Benedict's a smart and self-reflective guy, I can easily see him realizing that he simply didn't have the stamina to be a modern pope any more. Also, he had no idea how the next conclave would turn out. He couldn't have predicted the mess Francis would make. Maybe he would have stayed on if he had, and cut back his travel schedule.

I feel this is part of why people love JP2 so much. They watched him go from relatively young man to his deathbed, barely able to perform his function. That and the Marian cult.

And what do these things matter for one who is so attuned with God? I find it more logical to believe that one with such a faith would welcome the trial and hardship, as well as an eternity with God.

I still find it very suspicious that he abdicated, and Francis comes in, promoting globalism and reconciliation with the fucking Muslim.

That's pretty patently untrue, user. This notion that the Church is stuffed with pedophiles is Protestant/atheist/Jewish fiction.

I've always heard that Benedict never wanted to be pope in the first place. He felt it was a duty thrust upon him, so he tried to accomplish it, but what I always heard was that his heart ultimately wasn't in it.

Yeah, Jesus didn't preach strictness, just love, you know? The gate is wide and all are chosen!

Ulysses isn't intended to be a comprehensive anything, it's a novel.

i never said jesus didnt preach strictness, his message was just focused on love. Paul's really wasnt. And why do you assume the bible is intended to be comprehensive?

Corinthians 1;13

oh my bad i didnt realize one portion of one letter means his entire message was focused on love... i could point to so many more things in that same letter alone whether he is criticizing the corinthians for their divisiveness, immorality, failure to properly discipline members of the church... i mean cmon you cant seriously pick out one portion of THAT particular letter and say Paul was all about love...

Benedict never had much support, he was always considered too Traditionalist, yet what he managed in his short tenure has laid the foundation for a Catholic renaissance. I also wouldn't be surprised if we have borderline cults based around him in the future, his near prophetic statements from before he was pope have become increasingly frighteningly accurate.

>criticizing for divisiveness
Literally a lack of love.
>immorality
Same

He wasn't christposting, if you just looked at the image you would see he was trying to synthesis the corncob and carrot memes