Hey guys

hey guys

reading philosophy has totally fucked my head, reality and my mind have blurred in my head, and its lead to ocd-like compulsions

blog it

Which philosophy in particular?

im looking for help not attention

surely someone here can relate

subjectivism, philosophy that maintains that the outside world is mentally constructed or otherwise unknowable

bump

Oh, um, have you tried turning off and then hoping you can turn yourself on again?

You will never know, why waste thoughts on this?

>subjectivism

THERR'S YER PRAHBLEM.

Subjectivism is a self-sustaining delusion. You can't prove what it claims isn't so, so don't worry about it. It's a trap for smol plebs. Return to your post soldier.

i wish there was a way to restart my brain, fuck

its not so bad, nowhere near severe ocd. ive managed to get over everything except i still reread constantly and was my hands a bit much, as well as micro repetitions that i can live with

it feels like nothings really there, that im stuck in the matrix or something

go to sleep

this isnt a new problem, ive been like this for around half a year (altho its gotten a lot better)

>consequentialism

lolwhut?
How old are you? My subjectivism period was like one month at best O.o

look its not like i stay up all night pondering this shit like some edgy 15 year old

its infiltrated my brain to some deeper degree

It's called thinking, must be new to you

Reread the Greeks. If you didn't start with the Greeks, that's the source of your problems. You can also read the Stoics after.

no please

hey eff you man, i spent most of my 15th year in this world wasting it on philosophy and i got out just fine.

same desu, that and general lit/history

you are such a fag

You may have derealization, it's a fucked up mental disease. I had that for about 2 weeks because of some drugs I took, but it slowly vanished.

If it doesn't go away, go to the doctor.

Schopenhauer would say you have a philosophical mind—enjoy

>subjectivism
And now you come crawling back for some mutuality. Can't hold all of reality in your head yourself, eh? Not to worry, give me some of it, I'm a bit short.

youtube.com/watch?v=0xs90mEaV7E

This

You should rejoice user. If you are affected then you have an apt for philosophical thinking. Write a book.

I take every supplement under the sun, so I'll try to keep this as minimal as possible.

Basically, you have brain problems, mostly related to unbalanced hormones.

Vitamin D3 5000IU + full fat milk in the morning. Alternatively, eat a boiled egg, or a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. You need a source of healthy fat to absorb Vitamin D3, since it is a fat soluble vitamin.

This should reset your circadian rhythm and improve your mood. D3 comes from bare skin contact with sunlight, so it regulates day wakefulness and to a lesser extent winter hibernation. Depression resembles toned down hibernation. You will sleep better.

2 or 3 capsules of fish oil (e.g. cod liver oil) at any time.
Harder to explain, but it will make your dreams more vivid and your thoughts more coherent. (Vivid does not mean worse.)

Avoid MSG. Monosodium Glutamate raises glutamate in the brain unnecessarily. Raised glutamate leads to nail biting and hair pulling and other obsessive behaviours.

500mg Vitamin C. This lowers cortisol (stress), along with helping you in ways that are not obvious. Drink it with water on an empty stomach, since it is a water soluble vitamin.

Overall, your compulsions sound almost like an excess of acetylcholine. This leads to excessive focus, lack of ability to change focus, deep thoughts; not so much the micro-repetitions you mention. But the above stuff is good for reaching a general state of balance in the brain, nothing too druggy and nothing veering too far in any corrective direction.

listen to scientist man

for a while

and then receive the real manna of poetics

when you're ready

thank you so much holy shit

sorry for late response but u are a miracle worker

well i mean if this works that is

Subjectivism is something you learn in philosophy 101 as a thought experiment, it's dismissible, has no serious figureheads.

>subjectivism
Delusion.
If not delusion, then still useless and defeatist. It doesn't get you anywhere, not practically, not scientifically, and not philosophically. It doesn't even make you feel better, or help to mature your mind like all good philosophy does. It's comparable to self-referring logic. Almost invalid as a pursuit.

It's like getting all obsessive and depressed over:
The next statement is false.
The previous statement is true.

Believing it to be anything of note or impactful on reality is absolutely retarded.