I hear bad eating habits can be traced to good memories of junk food when you were a kid. How true is this?

I hear bad eating habits can be traced to good memories of junk food when you were a kid. How true is this?

Can it be fixed? I had my first 32 birthdays at McDonald's, so I may be screwed. :(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A-8xJfKFKaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>having birthday parties past the age of 13
Huh? I won't comment on the venue, because I get that might be normal in your social clime. But seriously, having a birthday party at the age of 30? Fuck.

>That hambeast rolling her eyes back because she's bout to smash that bottle in one go.

>first 32
This must be bait

I saw this in another thread, enjoy:
youtube.com/watch?v=A-8xJfKFKaE

I understand. I don't want my sister to get fat like me (she's a skeletal), so every time I walk her to school and we pass Burger King I give her a wedgie. Problem is, she's 12 and may be too old for this kind of conditioning.

It’s never too late for a person to reinvent themselves. Start building positive memories around healthy foods. Learn to cook simple, delicious foods that are good for you and share with tour family and friends. Branch out. Seek new experiences. Grow as a person.

oh my god lol

Honestly, it's not a bad theory at all. Growing up with strict foreign parents, I wasn't allowed to eat most of the junk food and snacks that kids would bring to school for lunch. But when I did get my hands on some junk food, I'd be really happy. I didn't think much of it before, but when I became really depressed at 19, and started comforting eating, almost everything I chose to eat were things that I really enjoyed as a kid but got to eat rarely, like Cheetos, fast food pizza, Mac n Cheese, and lots of chocolate.

Obviously I don't blame my parents at all for trying to get me to eat healthy, but I think had I gotten sick of junk food and formed a healthier relationship with eating at a younger age, I could have found better ways to cope. Sorry for the therapeutic rant, but I believe that food addiction is very real, and if you have had a happy childhood eating junk food, it makes sense to try to find that happiness again at Mcdonalds, even though it's not the same.

What is the chick on the left doing? Dressing for the pizza?

Opening the bottle of ranch for the pizza so it can technically be salad

I didn't taste candy until I was 6 and had my first hamburger and pizza when I was 13. Always real home made food. It kept going, I like to cook and I eat junk food maybe twice a month, no candy and very rarely soda.
>tfw still fat

>that adorable wife trying not to show how mortified she is when the burger truck opens up

>the struggle for him to just take a bite of a burger with iceberg lettuce
Top fucking kek

Don't give your kid sister wedgies.

>this picky faggot has a wife and 2 kids but I’ve been single for going on 3 years
God is a cruel tyrant who must be pulled from his throne.

you can still be a fat sack of shit while not eating sweets. Stop eating as much food and move off your couch every once in awhile.

It's not what you eat, it's purely calories in and calories out.

host should be xzibit, pimp my burger
>yo dawg I heard you like burgers so I brought you a truck load of burgers!
and then make him a burger with burgers inside

But then how do you explain the fact that you had good memories of eating cheetos and pizza as a kid?

The only explanation I can see is that junk food objectively tastes good, therefore kids form good memories of eating it (even if they only ever ate it a few times as kids). But if kids just instinctively like junk food because it tastes good, then why blame the memories?

>having birthday parties past the of 5
>having a birthday anywhere other than your hous

This is likely going to be her fetish in a few years.

I have a theory that basically all bad food habits derive from "good memories" tied to food.

Families are so increasingly disconnected these days because of tv/vidya/smartphones/internet, and really the only time a lot of people see/interact with their family even when living in the same house is at dinner. Even if you don't eat dinner together its a reason for everyone to gather at generally the same time.

So since your parents cook for you until your 18 or whatever, and its one of the only times a lot of people interact with them during the day, people start to associate food with family/love/acceptance what have you.

You'e a good big brother.

>i have a theory

Great, do statistcally analyzed studies that can prove it. Otherwise you'rd like 95% of the tards posting on every site at any time.

What's the point of this post.

>t. spoiled western pig.

Nigga what.

Yup, sorry we can't all be born poor, ohh wait no I'm not.

There are two human behaviors related to eating that are unconditioned:

>rooting
>suckling

Literally all eating behavior outside of these two reflexes are learned responses. Your preferences, your aversions, your allergies even - these are 100% the result of conditioning.

The good news is that you can recondition all of it if you put the fucking work in.

wife is pretty hot too

Why did they actually put burgers in those styrofoam containers? What a waste.

>"I have never ordered a cheeseburger with lettuce"
>"It made me really nervous"

This guy has a gf/ wifd and i dont
Eliot was right

It's such an injustice

My parents never really cooked when i grew up, outside of making scrambled eggs or heating up frozen food we alwsys ate out.
They've gotten better nos and he become satisfactory cooks, but in all honesty I eat out 6 times a week. Whenever I'm not eating out I am eating shit junk food at home. I can't break this cycle, my tastes developed around fast food, not healthy fresh options. I don't want to be this way, it is limiting my life experience.

Eliot is my husbando

What state do you live in? I don't fault most people for going a bit unhealthy for their birthdays but, jesus, McDonald's for the same birthday for over 30 years in a row?

I had In-n-Out for my birthday this year and last year my dad took me to a texmex restauruant that served very delicious texmex food. And as much as I love both I can't imagine going with In-n-Out or texmex for just about every single birthday and that's actual food we're talking about here. People willingly eat McDonald's food that isn't their breakfast or ice cream/shakes?

I don't think that's a good idea with allergies

>Put a small spoonful of salsa on a burger
>"There's just so much going on, I just don't know"
>"There's too many flavors I couldn't wrap my head around"
Typical whitey.

hahaha holy shit, his poor cute wife

I am about to get groceries, what kind of un healthy shit should I get?
Butterfingers ice cream is on the menu.

bump for food

Good job, you're sexually abusing her and she's probably going to end up anorexic and man-hating if she isn't already.

At least she won't get fat, right?

Seems like it would be a good idea to force a small child to eat huge amounts of junk food while screaming at them and berating them. This would cause them to associate unhealthy things with the bad memory, thus reducing the risk that they'll become a fatty.

Y-you shouldn't do that to your younger sister, user...

>puts some vegetables in a plain turkey burger
>"There's just soo much going on, I don't know..."
>starts crying

Holy fuck boys, it's Randy fuckin' Bobandy in realty

Surprised it took someone this long to notice.