>In Australia
>Go to Coles
>randomly buy this sauce
>tastes EXACTLY like big mac sauce
never going to mcdonalds ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=raising cane's sauce leak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what exactly is in big mac sauce? I have never eaten a mcdonalds but I assume it is something along the lines of mayo, ketchup, sugar, and pickles.

So you found a bottle of Thousand Island dressing? Congratulations.

more or less, yeah

retard

Might pick up a bottle next time I'm at Coles

>retard
Being this mad about his salad dressing burgers.

>look up copycat recipe for big mag sauce
>mayo
>pickle relish
>white vinegar
>salt
>minced white onion
>sugar
>french dressing

>look up recipe for thousand island dressing
>mayo
>pickle relish
>white vinegar
>finely minced onion
>ketchup
>garlic

They're pretty much the same, assuming the recipes are at all trustworthy. This was just the first result for each, and the only difference being sugar and french dressing vs. ketchup and garlic, which are pretty similar anyway.

I'm going to say calling the sauce thousand island dressing is fair game.

does it taste anything like quinky sauce?

i have never once foudn any thousand island dressing that was even remotely close to big mac sauce.

What I don't understand is why people actually try to emulate low-tier fast food products.

Sure, hamburgers are great. But why not a make a good one rather than copying one of the crappiest ones out there? McDonald's products aren't even made fresh. What's the point of copying that? Why not make something entirely different and thus a fuck of a lot better? Is it just some kind of nostagia thing?

Stockholm syndrome. Some people are raised on trash and they develop feelings of loyalty.

Ever seen a Veeky Forums "nostalgia" thread? It's a real eye opener as to what kinds of garbage foods people will develop affection for if they're forced to eat enough of it at an early enough age

report back if mods dont shut this down

because those companies have spent billions of dollars in attempting to find the right combo of sugar, fat, salt & chemicals to get us addicted & have this flavour embedded in our minds so that everytime we eat it, dopamine is released. it isnt just like regular fat/sugar/salt its a very unique combo that we can specifically crave. we know where to get the hit.
now i have long term access to it without having to pay for a big mac :^)
>nostalgia
that probably has something to do with it too.

>McDonald's products aren't even made fresh. What's the point of copying that?
Why are you such a dumbass? This thread is about the SAUCE. Not their shitty frozen patties or their shitty lettuce or their shitty buns or their shitty cheese or their shitty anything else. People like the sauce because it tastes GOOD.

Well I always find thousand island dressing that taste just like big mac sauce.

My anecdotal evidence > your anecdotal evidence.

alright smarty pantses now tell me how to make Cane's sauce

12 cup mayonnaise
14 cup ketchup
12 teaspoon garlic salt
14 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
12 teaspoon black pepper, to taste

This is actually really close, you'll have to adjust the amounts though. I've found 3:2 mayo to ketchup works a bit better.

It's the actual recipe posted by a former employee.

Source?

google.com

I already googled it dumbfuck, there are zero results for the recipe you posted. Those ingredients, yes, but not those ratios. Moreover, there are plenty of results regarding a former employee who posted a recipe, and this was later found to be a hoax.

>>This thread is about the SAUCE
Yeah, get that. It's a shit-tier industrially produced product just like their cheese, meat, etc. If you like the taste then why not use this as inspiration to make a BETTER sauce? You don't have the same limitations as McD's does (lowest-common-denominator appeal, low price point, industrial ingredients, made in advance, etc), so why try to duplicate a product limited by those factors?

Why not make your own, but *better*, tangy sauce for your burger? Instead of focusing on "copying", focus on what tastes the best?

>What I don't understand is why people actually try to emulate low-tier fast food products.
This x 100. I understand this:
>companies have spent billions of dollars in attempting to find the right combo of sugar, fat, salt & chemicals to get us addicted
But at the end of the day the addictive combinations are combinations of garbage tier ingredients. It isn't that hard to do better if you're willing to go for the same balances of flavor using good ingredients. That's been the trend in upscale dining for over a decade. There's no reason to copycat garbage when it isn't that hard to do better. You can inform yourself by the best balances trashy shit has worked out, but starting with good quality ingredients will always give a better result if you know what the fuck you are doing.

You're so retarded, it's not even funny.
lmgtfy.com/?q=raising cane's sauce leak

>13lbs of fake McSauce

I actually want to see some Veeky Forums autist make this shit.

If you're not making it by the pound, you're not doing it right.

Every single result lists a different ratio than the one you posted, you illiterate fool. In fact, the results from that google search are much closer to the ratio that I posted than the one you did.

Thousands Island dressing, possibly mixed with pickle relish.

>1.5/5 Health Star rating.

please name them

I disagree. A little but of relish in it and it's 100% big mac sauce.

what is it with americans and struggling with moderation

Never has been part of our culture. Bigger is better. More is better than less. Why do you think prohibition seemed like a good idea at one point in American history? Before the coffee break we had elevenses - literally a late morning whiskey break employers gave to workers to steady their hands. Why do you think our houses, cars and TV's are so big? Regardless of whether or not it's a lie in the grand scheme of things the promise of America is that if you work hard you can have MORE. That's why hard working people are so hung up about portion sizes when they go out to eat. Until the backlash McDonald's was pretty successful with their supersize campaign. And huge meals make sense given our history. As recently as the early 20th Century large chunks of the country were still mostly agricultural in the form of family farms. Someone working on a family farm could easily burn 3000, maybe even 4000 calories in a day. So that's what people ate. When your family tradition is eating like that but you live a 21st Century lifestyle you end up with the 'beetus driving the fatty scooter around Walmart pretty quickly. Hell, my mother is from farm people, and I was brought up to think being stingy with food was a crime - there should ALWAYS be enough on the table that anyone who wanted could have a second helping. Thankfully I got over that shit, and as a result I'm one of the few members of my family who isn't obese. My three siblings are huge.

uh.. wow.. thanks for that comment & your story user

You know you can buy McDonald's branded Big Mac Sauce in stores right?
I have one in my fridge now

Fuk user I think I love you.
For once OP is not a fag.

Not in Australia to my knowledge.

To everyone saying Big Mac sauce is just Thousand Island:
I had both for the first time this summer past. First was Thousand Island (friend likes to dip fries in it and had me try it; not for me). When I asked what the hell TID is, friend said "Big Mac sauce, basically."
>but I've never had a big mac, either...
After the gasps of disbelief subsided, we got into the car to introduce me to McDo's signature burger. So I tried it. I thought it had a similar, but not identical, taste to Thousand Island but I got a hint of caraway and onion powder from the Big Mac. No one online mentions caraway. Am I crazy or is there some fucking caraway in there or not?