Italians and their "FOOD"

Why is it that the Italians are so goddamn smug and arrogant about their food? Also don't you dare change a single thing about Italian food otherwise the Italians will want your head on a spike.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHJhB4pmPCg&pbjreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You just described the French. And the Japanese. And the Korean.

Portuguese as well

Because cuisine is often the only cultural aspect people have that that are worth a shit.

you just described everyone who isn't actually italian/french/japanese/korean/portuguese who thinks they know something about the cuisine and will get personally offended when you have knowledge that is different from theirs

>implying any races other than eye-talian are real
Get a load of this pretentious coastie. You just picked those extremely obscure cultures because you know there isn't anyone here who will know what those are so we won't have any way of knowing if you're making things up.

Why can't you just eat normal food like everyone else? You some kind of fag?

Because when you have a tradition of better food than what most other folks you know are eating you guard that shit like religion. Because too much fucking around could undermine things.
True. People who know they're eating well take it seriously. The same was true in pre-industrial America. Seed saving and secret family recipes were a big thing before everything went to shit here with industrialized food production. If Aunt Tilly's pies were perfection you didn't fuck with her recipe, nor would you share it with anyone outside the family.

or rather cuisine is the only cultural aspect that the deracinated masses are willing to identify with.

no need to pay any nevermind to some guinea fuck bastards. make a pizza with no sauce and clams, make yourself some carbonara with cream. Get your ass some Bolognese meat sauce and boil your pasta with unsalted, oiled water, you're still better than some guido.

>my perception of foreign cultures is shaped by television.
Get a passport you flyover scrub.

>Be me
>Know a italian guy
>The fucker is so proud about PASTA!!! that he can not shut up about how great it is and how we low scum south and north americans don't know how to make good PASTA!!!
>One day i said to him that pizza was an arabic invention AKA We Wuz Pizza Makers and Shieeet
>Went ape shit mode on me and spend 2 weeks without talking to me.
>Two weeks later he apologize about being such a sperg and invite me to his house dinner
>Meet his family and as you can expect they are a bunch of "mamma mia your food is garbage" type of italians
>They yelling at each other as you can expect
>LOUD AS FUCK.jpg
>They are preparing lasagna and ravioli
>Take a bite and it's one of the most average food i ever had, just like frozen food from the market
>His mamma ask me if it is good
>(LIE) yeah, it's pretty good
>The bitch give me a smug smile then say: Well i glad that you like it, this is very diferent from the average frozen food that you get on wallmart, this is a recipe that my mamma gave to me before she died in 1988. She had a special way of preparing the PASTA!!! and the tomato sauce. Maybe one day i will give the recipe to you, babbino
>I smug back at her and continue to eat the 6/10 lasagna and the 7/10 ravioli
>I excuse myself and went to the kitchen for a glass of water
>Notice that there is a bin with some flies around
>Open it and found a bunch of tomato cans and pasta packages.
>Mamma recipe my ass
>Go back to the table and finish my "autentic italian recipe that is way diferent from the market"

Italians sure know how to be the most obnoxious fags when it come to food.

t. jelly amerifats

t. dumb guinea

They were testing you to see if you were dumb enough to eat slop. In the end, you were all smug cunts, so everyone lost and won at the same time. It's kind of like how I put svedka and put it in a greygoose bottle and give it to girls as a litmus test.

Protecting the traditional methods and styles of preparing foods is of the utmost importance, maintaining a connection to the past relies on an honest representation of it.

Yeah, sure kandagawa

1. He was "dumb enough" to be polite? You have to be an asshole of unlimited proportions if you call someone's mom out on her cooking in front of them during a family dinner.
2. If you think Greygoose is good you are a fucking pedestrian.
3. Kill yourself.

>no need to pay any nevermind to some guinea fuck bastards.
If you like good food you pay attention to any culture that has it. I've been to Italy like five or six times and I have a few Italian expat friends. Though my French friends would disown me if I said it in front of them Italians know food even better than the French, except maybe on the high end. While it might be fun to play the ugly American online when it comes to food really the only thing the US does better than Italy is beef. Italy can't into beef. But they've got one up on us on pretty much everything else, unless you're talking top end restaurants..

Because Italians are among the most bigoted shittalking motherfuckers on the planet. They take pride in shittalking everything and everybody, including food. When it comes to food, the only thing you'll get 2 Italians to agree on is that the third Italian is doing it wrong.

Not him but are you really suggesting grey goose isn't good? It may be overpriced but it's perfectly good vodka, you must be an overcompensating slav or something. As long as vodka isn't rotgut tier garbage or some special snowflake shit like potato vodka, it all pretty much tastes the same unless you're ABX testing

Can't get more smug than this:
youtube.com/watch?v=pHJhB4pmPCg&pbjreload=10

ITT Americans who've never been to Italy

The old man had it spot on when he said, "Over the years this food will make you sick."

yeah I love when you see a moron pull his head out of the sand for the first time. OP needs to get out more.

It's not as if the Japanese have made a killing by selling "sushi" with cream cheese and avocado in it to Americans or anything

I doubt they have.
Though I'm sure a lot of Americans have made a killing selling "Sushi" with cream cheese and avocado in it to other Americans.

Most so-called "Japanese" restaurants are not owned by Japanese.

umm, vodka is made from potato..

>vodka is made from potato..
Can be. Can be made from grain as well. "Vodka" is simply the result of a distillation technique, not the ingredients.

Italians are not like this. Their cuisine sells itself and is very flexible regarding ingredients and prep. The Italians I've met don't brag about Italian cooking, they brag about their family's cooking (sometimes unjustifiably).

Or you can just cook food the way you like it no biggie

Aren't tomatoes a new world fruit? If so, why do eyetalians think they have good food? As far as I'm concerned, modern day pizza is an American dish.

>modern day pizza is an American dish.
The kind of pizza American chains sell is totally an American dish. It doesn't bear a whole lot of resemblance to the pizza of Naples or Rome beyond the basic concept of dough baked with stuff on top of it.

Do you know you can get pizza in the US that isn't from a chain? And I've had the "authentic" italian pizza - its pure dog-shit.

Bread, tomato sauce, and pasta. It's the same shit in different forms.

Grey Goose isnt bad, but it's not amazing. It's pretty hard to make vodka amazing.

Best vodka I've ever had wasnt even expensive. Roughly $5 for 750 ml

These weren't Italians were they. They were Americans who's great great great grandad once saw The Godfather so they're 8/49ths Italian.

Some vodka is. The vast majority isn't. Also, your underage is showing

23 but okay.
can't know every single thing on this world, thanks for the info tho.

you must be new here

Politeness is just a matter of how and when you present your ideas and actions, not their content. Also, i don't think greygoose is great, but it's expensive and i pour cheaper vodka in the bottle for dumb guests.
>reddït reading comprehension

Because we still spend time in the kitchen making the food, so of course we are proud of it. Also, follow "italians mad at food" on twitter, good source of lulz. Some of us get really mad.

>follow "italians mad at food" on twitter
Get the fuck out of here with this cancer.