"umami"

>"umami"

>">"umami""

>">">"umami"""

>getting triggered over perfectly fine words because hipsters use them

>">">">"umami""""

>chef: oh man i hope this guy likes this savory dish i made
>"DUDE IT'S OOH MOMMY!" XDDD

>implying "hip" reddit chefs aren't the people that pushed this in the first place

"Uma... Delicia"

>"mouthfeel"

ooo mommy

>">">">">"umami"""""

>">">">">">"umami""""""

I'm only here for the retard wojak memes please carry on fellas

>I'm only here for the [...] wojak memes

>I'm only here to make fun of people who post [...] wojak memes

nothing wrong with this.

WONGO

CHECKING

>tfw too dum dum to cook fud

Aside from the fact that it sounds like something a fucking 5 year old would say.

>I'M AN ADULT PLEASE VALIDATE ME I DON'T LIKE THINGS CHILDREN LIKE BECAUSE I'M AN ADUUUULLLTTTT

you okay buddy?

>you okay buddy?

Woah.....btfo

Like the word 'meme', 'umami' used to have a precise, interesting and useful definition before the scrubs got their filthy hands on it.

oooh mommy. :)

>kokumi

>umami is a flavor
>no, umami is a reaction

I don't understand, flavor IS a reaction. Taste is a sense; flavor is how you interpret it based on experience.

I'd like to get a mouthfeel of Nigella if you know what I mean

OOOH MOMMY

This is why japanese can invent msg that being used all over the world while all american's best is mcdonalds.

OOMAMA? YOUR MOMMY! XDDDDDDDDDXDDDDXD

I'd like to taste her English muffin if you know what I mean

>keenwar

>Japanese invented it
>Japanese call it what they want because they invented it
>Americans: "let's call it what WE want because WE know better than everyone else"

Words don't mean anything on this website.

>Japanese invented savory taste
>This is how the average weebs brain functions

>creem fraysh

pic looks like a liberal finally understood that muslims are cancer and his brain exploded.

Actually, yes. The concept of what we call the "umami" taste was first proposed by Kikunae Ikeda in 1908. If you want to argue actual usage, fish sauce was being used independently in ancient China and ancient Rome around the same timeframe.
But keep grasping at straws and making shitty ad hominem arguments, it REALLY helps your case.

>Westerners know what savory is for ages
>Suddenly the Japanese also discover it
>"Holy shit, Nippon numbah 1, best in the world!!1! How can gaijin piggu compete??!!"

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

>keyknoware

Ya dingus

>Kin-wah

Oooooo mammy

>It's too late in the pregnancy to abort. The most we could do is torture it, a bit
>"Let's try that."

umami is a lifestyle

oooh mommy!

ooooooooooh mommy!!

Someone needs to put wojak out of his misery

mommy

You should be happy that Japanese food culture is catching on in the west. The amount of pride and craftsmanship that goes into food in japan is amazing.

Japanese food is bland as fuck.

grug think word sound bad, it for chid, grug dont want chinese food because grug adult, not say child word like "umama"

>TFW when I use umami to describe something to a cute petite Japanese girl studying abroad
>TFW her face lights up that I used one of her home words properly
>Ooooh you know "umami"
>I whisper to myself pls be my mommy

The reason it works is because it sounds better than 'MSG'.

Would you prefer someone saying

>mmm you can totally taste that msg

or

>mm you can taste the umami

You sound like you are poor.

This.

Japanese food isn't bland, it's just really subtle.

>pic looks like a liberal finally understood that muslims are cancer and his brain exploded.
>pic related, (you)

You sound like you have small penis.

>Japanese food is bland as fuck.

>i'm a /pol/ack btw, teehee

>that pic
> x-> inf

>i'm a redditor btw, teehee

or
>mmm it tastes savory
See? It's not that hard to not be a pretentious faggot

>De-constructed

>bigg ets on mai cooking bord

I'd like to shove my entire head in her perfect cunt and slowly suffocate until sweet death, if you catch my drift.

>molecular gastronomy

ITT: Thinks said by stupids

>keen-wah

Japanese did not INVENT umami they simply came up with a word to describe something. People have been eating foods that are UMAMI without calling it that.

Good luck!!!

What kind of Japanese food are you eating?

Savoury and MSG are different. If food doesn't MSG, it can sitll be savory you mong.

A Japanese scientist wondered why his wifes seaweed soup tasted so oishii, so he discovered MSG chemical.