Is it just me or is it always japanese restaurants that are the most expensive whichever country you go and whichever...

Is it just me or is it always japanese restaurants that are the most expensive whichever country you go and whichever city you visit?

Other urls found in this thread:

gion-sasaki.sakura.ne.jp/
shofukuro.jp/english
kakurinbo.com/
mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/11/sushi_restaurant_used_zapper_s.html
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2017/11/30/sushi-samurai-restitution/108182788/
sushisamurai.com.au/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8ZoyaGZgE
youtube.com/watch?v=K9tHVBggavg
gurunavi.com/en/japanfoodie/2017/03/homestyle-japanese-dishes-ootoya.html?__ngt__=TT0dc6d1389002ac1e4ae862csm_rUESwhuH4uOQ-cICMN
ootoya.com/menu/teisyoku/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

French is more expensive.

it's just you. sushi specifically is expensive though. but no, it's almost always upscale european that's MOST expensive, you know, those restaurants at the side of town you can't afford to live in

I've been to Japan several times and so far the only prohibitively expensive restaurants that I saw are those continental restaurants at large hotels.

Mom and pop restaurants or izakaya that served everyday meals are reasonably priced and you can get a filling meal for less than 10 bucks. Even the conveyor belt sushi restaurant are pretty cheap

it costs a lot of money to import indonesians and then pay them to pretend to be japanese

it's pretty cheap in japan

People are willing to pay more for Japanese food. Thats why you'll find Koreans and other Asians shoehorning Japanese food into their local cuisine menus, or just outright opening a Japanese restaurant instead.

In Japan, French cuisine is more expensive than Japanese cuisine.

The expensive Japanese meal that I ate was SASAKI.
It is about 20,000 yen to 30,000 yen.
gion-sasaki.sakura.ne.jp/

For Tokyo, Shofukuro's Tokyo branch would be useful.
About 15,000 yen to 20,000 yen.
shofukuro.jp/english

There is also a more expensive Japanese restaurant.
However, it is difficult for ordinary people to book.

There is also a cheaper and genuine wonderful restaurant.
However, the taste of authentic quiet and deep Japanese food is hard to understand even for young Japanese as well as foreigners.
It may feel only as a simple taste.

Hiroshimoot is that you?

Japanese also operate French and Italian dishes and hamburgers and Chinese restaurants.
But a Japanese restaurant with kimchi is a fake.

No. I do not know Hiroshimoot.

Just you.
They're always the cheapest lunch in town except maybe the Filipino joints.

>$200-300
>$150-200
Thats still retardedly fucking expensive

Ramen has the biggest difference between cost of ingredients and the price it's sold at of any food item on any menu throughout the western world

Find a ramen shop, they are everywhere these days and usually they sell some nippon style meals for cheap. Or go to an asian food court that you'd find near fish markets, those are great and relatively cheap.

Kakurinbo, Minamikoma-gun, Minobu-cho, Yamanashi, Japan
A temple you can stay, Syukubou.
I stayed there last month. Accommodation is 8500 yen -10000 yen. Tax separately.
Dinner and breakfast included. Vegetarian food.
A part of the dinner picture.

kakurinbo.com/

Yuba sashimi.
thin layer of soy bean curd.
Things stacked so far are very rare.

Natto.
It is made with large grain soybeans of local specialties. Along with fried tofu.
The stickiness and fragrance of natto are thin, and a faint fragrance makes delicious sake.

Shiraae.
salad dressed with tofu、white sesame、and white miso.

Soy milk tomato pot.
Tofu in tomato. Gentle taste.

Steamed cherry blossoms of Yuba.

Tempura.
It is made of mushrooms, grilled yam, small rice cake and so on.

There are no pictures, but of course rice as well.
In addition to this, I ate yuba which I made on the spot.

Dessert is soy milk soft cream.
A handmade fruit jam will be served.

Japanese products outside of Japan have the Japanese tax where people charge and pay higher amounts of money for something because the assumption is that it is Japanese so it will be good. It is kind of like the opposite of how people react when they see made in China.

Seriously, the Hilton we were at in Tokyo was ridiculous. Only ate there once.

Mom and pop ramen place in Takayama on the other hand, great hida beef sushi and ramen, almost a quarter of the price of the dish we split at the Hilton.

There is no tax on exports.
There are cases where the country is taxed on imports.
The food that can be procured in that country is the price of that country.
But expensive, restaurants and shops ...

A foreign hotel in Tokyo is crazy.

It isnt an actual tax. It is just the name.

Japanese food and its lovers are being exploited. A criminal who profits.
Because there are such administrators, Japanese food is expensive in many countries.

mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/11/sushi_restaurant_used_zapper_s.html
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2017/11/30/sushi-samurai-restitution/108182788/
sushisamurai.com.au/

Nice damage control.
Weeb fantasist BTFO.

clearly autistic
he even explains the so called Japanese tax, clearly showing that he doesn't think it's an actual tax

yeah i agree! I went to kobe and the beef costed me $100 and it was just a small piece!1!

here, save this image

Yep, went to a ramen place DT Toronto, $15 for a bowl

Go to a international market where they sell hot food and a bowl of ramen was $7

These or nice steakhouses.

Butthurt much, weeb?
:)

HAHA, awesome bro! You have totally trolled him TO THE MAX! Keep on trolling BROTHER it's the real Veeky Forums experience, once a /b/ro always a /b/ro.
We are anonymous, we do not forgive, we do not forget, expect us.
Veeky Forums TROLL ARMY 4 LIFE!!

I was hopeless in the image of sushi's sushi.
There are rules in the place where rice and miso soup is placed, but the chef does not know the theory of Japanese food.
Udon is also terrible. I omit the necessary labor for udon and soba. It is different from cold noodles in Korea.
They would have benefited greatly. And it became a criminal.
Fines against Korean executives are not enough with a fine of 1 million dollars.

Honest work creates trust. Hypocrisy is despised.
It is the same in restaurant management and online society.
Japanese think that trust from others is real estate.

YOU NO REARN HOW TO PREPARU RICE FOR 10 YEARS!!!

YOU NO HAVE DEDICATION SPIRIT.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.

KIRRO YUASERF

YAAAAAAAAAAAA UAAAOOOOOOO IKUSO WAITO PIGGGU I SURAISU YOU IN THOUSAND PIECES

calm down please.

nah, french restaurants are usually the most expensive in my city. Japanese food you can find super cheap like like food court tier.

The Japanese economy is stagnating. The price is stable, but the salary of workers is decreasing.
Therefore, the Japanese meal may be cheaper than the country where the economy is good.
But eel prices rose sharply. This eel bento is 3330 yen including tax.

Japanese restaurants usually have affordable options, but I relate because my favorite Japanese food (sushi and unagi) is very expensive.

Japanese French cuisine. lamb.
A small restaurant in residential area of Setagaya, not Ginza or Aoyama.
Individual item price 3000 yen. It costs 4500 yen in the course. It is 5500 yen for meat and fish course.
If it is Ginza or Aoyama, I think that it will be a course of 10000 yen - 20000 yen.
This is one of various Japanese restaurants.

What camera/lens did you use for those photo?

eel is getting expensive everywhere because their numbers a declining quickly. Eel will probably go extinct in our lifetime.

Both cameras are SONYα7s.
Lenses is SONY FE 4/24-105 G.
is Meopta Openar 2/45.

Unsurprisingly, it's just you.

Caffe latte. 670 yen.
Nell drip and decorate for this cup.
In Oarai, Ibaraki prefecture.
SONYα7s : Meopta Openar 2/45

Wrong.
Yesterday i just eat a sushi for 30 yen (or about 30cents)

Are you the guy who used to post those great food pictures and then stopped because you were getting harassed by one psycho?

It's because most japanese restaurants are run by the soulless chinese

YOU NO REARN HOW TO PREPARU RICE FOR 10 YEARS!!!

YOU NO HAVE DEDICATION SPIRIT.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.

KIRRO YUASERF

YAAAAAAAAAAAA UAAAOOOOOOO IKUSO WAITO PIGGGU I SURAISU YOU IN THOUSAND PIECES

IKUSO BAKA!!!

Its because alot of plebs are tricked into thinking that sushi is hard to prepare, thus giving the illusion that Nip restaurants = $$$

I am "anonymous". I think that is OK.
I sometimes post on occasion.

The manager of the restaurant in the article is Korean.
However, the Korean restaurant in Korea managed in Japan is delicious. The Chinese restaurant of Chinese management in Japan is also delicious.
There are unpleasant shops in Japanese restaurants as well. There are also bad people among the Japanese.

People from all over the world are watching here.
Is your remark cool?
Does your remark lowering yourself and your country's assessment?

Let's learn. A lot of people are watching here.
Ignorant accusations are counterproductive.

someones never been to fine dining

Your country's sushi may be so.

There are two kinds of coffee shops in Japan.

One is a coffee shop of regular drinks and snacks called "Kissa_ten (shop enjoying tea)".
The other is a special coffee shop called "Kouhii_senmonten (coffee only shop)".

There are many types of coffee beans in special shops.
In a special coffee shop, coffee experts will manually create coffee according to customer's order.
There, a cup of coffee is about 500 yen -1000 yen price.
Light snacks are also offered, but there are fewer types than "Kissa_ten".
A good shopkeeper brews good coffee and a poor shopkeeper puts off tasty coffee.
So customers will be careful and choose shops.
The awful taste shop closes in 1 - 2 years.

There is also an intermediate shop of two kinds of coffee shops.
There are cheaper coffee in fast food shops and convenience stores.
Some shops use machines to make relatively good quality coffee.
The coffee situation in Japan is complicated.

same for me OP
i dont know how they stay in business when you can get a THICC burrito for a few bucks meanwhile a bowl of ramen starts at $12

probably because European governments beg to much tax to those restaurants. I also heard that you need to apply for a fuckton of applications just to get accredited or licensed

it sounds about as bad as america where you just have to evaluate how nice a cafe looks and sample their roast yourself to see how it holds up

best things for gaging a coffee shop are

1 if they serve more than pastries its prob bad
2 no wifi or outlets = good
3 ask about something e.g "what coffees are in your house blend'

this is sad. I cannot find eel anymore. I would make it for dinner. I love eel, I hope it doesn't go away.

user nice pictures i love you

There are many good coffee shops in Japan. But there is a bad coffee shop.
This is the same ratio as a good ramen shop and a bad ramen shop.

Various things are born in the world, various things disappear.
It is a provision of the world.
But it is sorrowful that good things will be lost.

Thank you. Very glad.

Lunch at the coffee shop. A big chain cafe.
Spaghetti Napolitan is a pasta with tomato ketchup taste. One of the strange things the Japanese made.
Italians are very angry about this pasta. I understand that feeling.
However, the Japanese love this.
A small salad and coffee are in set. A cup of coffee can be brewed one by one with a paper drip.
This lunch set is 990 yen.

You get a disgusting coffee for that same price in Switzerland

Bad ramen shops in Japan still tend to be better than even decent ramen shops in the US.

What's the Indian curry scene like in Japan? My friend says he's found some very authentic placed in Tokyo.

There are way more Indian style curry places than in the US and they are good. But they serve pretty much exactly what you'd get in the US. Plus 90% of them are run by people from Nepal

The Indian curry in Japan is divided into two poles. Simply put, it's a cheap store and an expensive shop.
In a high-end shop there is a taste shop very similar to Indian curry.
However, I have not eaten full-fledged Indian curry for years. So I do not understand the present.
I looked for a shop where I attended, but it was a different style than before. sorry.

There was no picture of good indian curry.
The photo is Tracy Island curry. A Cafe of "Thunderbirds a go" that Japanese people love. There is no longer this Cafe.

I found a picture I took about 5 years ago. Inexpensive store.
Oh, I want to eat tarry where many kinds of curry has now got on the silver tray.

Imma supposed to be filled with this?

>t. round-eye piggu

Its a single course, but since you're complaining about portion size you're definitely fat

Bizarre pasta with Italian angry, Spaghetti Napolitan.
That old style. This is a species that is on the verge of extinction even in Japan.
Pasta is preserved after boiling. When customer's order is made, the pasta that was saved is fried in ketchup. Raw materials are onions, green peppers, and ham.
Dry taste similar to fried noodles. A taste that the Japanese love and feels nostalgic.
I took this picture two years ago. The owner and wife of this coffee shop were elderly. And this coffee shop closed last year.

thank you for posting!
these are so detailed and informative, and the pictures are beautiful

>japanese restaurant, it's expensive
>must be because of all the staff
>no it's the one OG chef
>what does he do?
>cuts raw fish puts rice into rectangles

Current spaghetti Napolitan.
It is cooked with freshly boiled spaghetti.
Slightly sticky spaghetti.

What's that condiment in the lower left? I'm waiting with baited breath because the one above it is pre-grated sawdust flavored parmegian, so I can't imagine how deliciously abhorrent that thing would be.

I mean, no shit Japanese restaurants are going to be cheap in Japan.

>implying you can't find retardedly expensive european food

>Is it just me or better food costs more than cheaper food?

The lower left is a carrot salad.
Japanese people are accustomed to Japanese customs, but sometimes I do not know why.

Variant "Teppan_Naporitan (Iron Plate Napolitan)".
This was born in Nagoya in the 1960s. In Nagoya it is called "Teppan Italian".
It is now being witnessed in Tokyo in recent years.
After the search, Nagoya had cooking method using yakisoba noodles. I was surprised.
The food culture of Nagoya is very strange and funny.

recipe.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8ZoyaGZgE

Yakisoba version.
youtube.com/watch?v=K9tHVBggavg

For your information.

"OOTOYA" restaurant introduction.
gurunavi.com/en/japanfoodie/2017/03/homestyle-japanese-dishes-ootoya.html?__ngt__=TT0dc6d1389002ac1e4ae862csm_rUESwhuH4uOQ-cICMN

Set menu. (Japanese)
ootoya.com/menu/teisyoku/

OOTOYA is not the cheapest restaurant.
OOTOYA is not the most delicious restaurant.
OOTOYA is a relatively cheap, relatively good taste restaurant.

A delicious and interesting comic. This scene can be funny.
Quoted from Comic "Fantasy World Izakaya, Nobu" Volume 1

Spread in the mouth
Sweetness and acidity
Harmony of heat

To mixed flavor
The taste of green peppers is bitter
Onion is gentle

And cut thickly bacon
Give weight

This is a miracle
It is the love of God brought to the earth

When I started eating
I am ashamed of myself who thought it was a little taste of children

What exactly is that?
I forgot about my childhood
A taste that reminds me of it

Sweetly nostalgic
Somewhere gentle taste

Took a stretch
Sour and taste of taste

And quietly
Hot, strong, thick taste

All that is here
To have concluded

Neapolitan···

I was losing it.
Something in me - ...

Call back
It is a taste to give · · ·

This has become empty
Even white dishes

The transfiguration of my life
It seems to be taught ...

Really depends on Japanese influences in your area. Düsseldorf for example has buttloads of authentical, affordable Japanese restaurants and fast food shacks, it also has an unreasonable Japanese influence because pretty much every single Japanese company has thier European base here.

One thing to keep in mind is that cheaper Japanese restaurants are well-intergrated in the city food network, they usually buy meat from the local butchers and fish from the local fishers because they like fresh stuff, so the settlement of a non-expensive japanese restaurant also depends on the local food market

Hitler didn't call them the eastern Jews for no reason.

In Japan, chain stores such as fast foods and family restaurants are developing recently.
Also Japanese dishes such as beef bowl, soba, sushi and tempura are the same.
Therefore, it became difficult to manage a small private restaurant.
In Japan, classical small restaurants are decreasing rapidly.

The restaurant restaurant also closed 5 years ago. It was very cheap and very tasty restaurant.

Brazilian Steakhouses are always the most expensive

Secret, pop-up, underground, forbidden food experience, exotic pleasurariums are always the most expensive.