This is Grothendieck often considered the greatest mathematician of the 20th century

yet the average high school humanities major is more intelligent than him

would you agree with this premise?

Grothendieck was fun. Read up on his life when you're done with your daily shitposting and lifewasting on Veeky Forums.

Why the fuck would I agree with that premise? Is it supposed to be obvious?

Yet another brainlet pissed off that the shithole that is Veeky Forums made a fool of him, I see.

what did sci do? They loved him the last time I checked

yet the average person who majors in humanities while in high school is more intelligent than him

would you agree with this premise?

actually if you pay attention to what was happening in the 20th century there was a bizarre influx of "jewish geniuses" from eastern europe, but if you trace their academic records, they seem to have unusual careers, like getting into phd programs despite dropping out of undergrad in their home countries etc. or not being able to do the math in their phd thesis and having to have grad students do it which is then written off as "a genius who was at times sloppy with his work" etc. the first one or two, i was like wow these guys are just such geniuses they don't even have to do an undergrad to get a phd and they don't even have to correctly solve the equations in their phd thesis, wow, but then after you start to see a pattern it's like wait a fucking minute something is up here

Long lost brothers?

what... what are you suggesting. Is all higher math/physics a ruse?

im pretty sure this is false

im high and i really dont get what youre implying, that there was affirmative action for the new american jews? that they didnt deserve it and didnt come up with the theory of relativity?

Grothendieck wasn't even Jewish, you stupid cunt.

France, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany are not in Eastern Europe.

Bait

What? His father was a Hasidic Jew

Ethnic nepotism + plagiarism

He meant OP.

mathematics is its own system. he was just good at that system.

His father was from a Hassidic family which he broke contact with in his teens. His mom was a Protestant. 'Jewishness' is matrilineal. Grothendieck had little if any association with Jews outside of his (political) internment and later professional life. He spent a good deal of his youth in the company of pacifist Protestant groups.

>Grothendick

He wasn't only good at it, he revolutionized it. That makes him a genius right?

Back to /pol/