What do you think of Canadian bacon? Americans seem to talk about it a lot for some reason

What do you think of Canadian bacon? Americans seem to talk about it a lot for some reason.

i bought this maple syrup flavored bacon by accident a few months ago and was frying up chicken and bacon to make a cheese ravioli alfredo and the bacon made it taste fucking awful

Dunno I just love me some bacon and freaking don’t care what type it is! I hella luuuuv BACON! :)

Are you okay?

>reddit:the post

pleas take my upboats
nothing goes better with rick and morty than smoking a fat bowl and eating a ton of bacon right

I went downstairs this morning to make myself some bacon, but I burnt the first batch in the microwave on accident because I thought that 6 minutes was long enough for 5 pieces of bacon. I made another batch and was determined to be more careful this time -- I stuck it in for 4 minutes and told myself that if it wasn't cooked enough I could add more time onto it. When the 4 minutes was finished, I noticed the bacon wasn't cooked enough. I kept it in for what I thought was 30 seconds, but I accidentally added an extra zero, keeping it in for 3 whole minutes. I ended up burning 10 pieces of bacon that day, but I still ate them after coating some of the pieces in honey.

"Canadian bacon" mostly refers to back bacon in America

No, shows bacon from Canada. Back bacon is different.

I'm not saying the bacon in the OP is back bacon. I'm saying that when Americans think of "Canadian bacon" they're thinking of back bacon, not bacon from Canada. Am I being baited?

"canadian" bacon is peameal bacon

This is sarcasm right? Not an actual ignorance of the fact that “Canadian bacon” in The US is akin to small ham slices? No one discusses (regular) bacon that comes from Canada.

Of course they would discuss it. Canadian pork is of excellent quality and is renowned worldwide.

peameal bacon isn't ham.

for poor americans who think canadian bacon is just a ham cut, this is what actual "canadian bacon" is.

every time I mention to someone who seems like they might know where to get some that I'm looking for the kind of bacon they had in Ireland they direct me to canadian bacon and it is literally just fucking ham I dont understand

either buy some peameal bacon or do a direct meat order from a butcher requesting an english style bacon cut.

Any bacon that doesn't come from the belly is a meme

back bacon contains pork belly dipshit. "streaky bacon" aka generic bacon is just when they split back bacon into two different cuts. peameal is made with the loin cut and streaky with the belly cut.

Back bacon is solely smoked and cured pork loin.

>Back bacon is a cut of cured bacon sliced to include both the pork loin from the back and a bit of pork belly in the same cut. It is much leaner than American style side bacon made only from the pork belly.

Canadian peameal bacon doesnt contain pork belly but peameal bacon isn't textbook back bacon

I'm Canadian and I'd call that peameal bacon.

Canadian bacon is peameal bacon idiot.

Back bacon? It's part of one of the two dishes I make at home.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting, user

What kind of canadian cucked bacon is that?

THICCC OR BUST

>tfw New England as fuck but can't find proper British rashers anywhere

Same! LOL! :)