Hello Veeky Forums

hello Veeky Forums

i tried making a beef stew using beer for the broth, left it for an hour and came back to this

what the fuck happened

Nice one

You must have used the wrong kind of beer.

the alcohol caramelized and burned obviously

remember that liquid cooks down quickly in wide pans

This.

am i supposed to add more liquid or get a smaller pan or both?

Both would help, but maybe a smaller diameter pot would be better.

yes. and turn down the heat

Im not a pro fucking chef or anything, and far from it, but let me ask. You were making a beef stew with beer broth, assumed for the first time and you left for an hour without fucking watching it on a stove?

What the fuck are you doing? It seems like you had a shit ton of sugar at a high heat, or fats, and that caused it to burn up a ton.

>what the fuck happened
1. Your heat was too high
2. You didn't cut your beer with stock or water
3. You're a fucking retard

You evaporated off all the liquid and the residue burned.

You should try:
1) Supervising it
2) Using a lower heat
3) Using a narrower pan
4) Using more liquid

>leaving something on a hot stove for more than 20 minutes

OP...

i put a cube of chicken stock and a bit of flour with the beer but it didn't really thicken it up enough
it was still bubbling on the lowest heat but when i left it had stopped steaming so i just assumed the broth was thick enough and would be ok

Kek. Have my upboat.

powdered chicken stock and flour aren't liquid, you fucking retard. this has to be bait.

Maybe I'm just not understanding the perspective in this photo, but how could you burn away the sides of the pan?

cromulent point.

were you following a recipe or did you just chuck beef beer flour and a cube of chicken stock into a pan and fuck off?
first time i made beef stew i fucked up but only by not letting it stew long enough

>Wide shallow pan
>Probably in too high
Idk dude you do you usually make stew in that pan like that?

>I tried making stew in a skillet with no lid instead of a proper pot like a regular person and all my liquid boiled off and everything burned, why?
go down to wal-mart and pay literally $10 for their cheapest stock pot you fucking ingrate