So dude... imagine you woke up as... a fucking insect h aha ha

>so dude... imagine you woke up as... a fucking insect h aha ha
>imagine it, like, represented fucking ... alienation or something ... ahaha

is this really the state of so called high literature? Simple analogies?

this has got to be the most pretentious board on this fucking website

Put some effort in next time

MOM'S

It's actually a pretty neat critique on work dignifies a men.

I hope you get smashed by a giant apple.

>tfw I'm writing short stories using insects to criticize society, religion, politics, and more.

What is your problem with critic bugs, OP?

if you're a PLEB and you read a translation, of course you won't get it

Kafka.. easy on the bugs

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments

Kafka did not write for high literature. He wrote largely for himself, and did not expect to be remembered after his time. A simple analogy that hides a deeper metaphor, such as this case, where Gregor essentially commits suicide because of his burden to his family, is representational of the sad lives of men that Kafka knew; men who had no self-worth and were forced into subservient labour within a bureaucracy with no hope of escape.

>simple analogy
t. brain-dead retard that didn't understand kafka

Fuck off with saying I don't get it. Rather explain what is supposedly do not get. This once again does makes you look super pretentious.
(I did read it in German by the way)

>is this really the state of so called high literature?
Sadly, yes.

The good news is that 'high literature' only came about after 1850 or so, right after romanticism peaked. After romanticism peaked, literature split into 'high' (the manbabby stuff taught at colleges that you rightly disparage) and 'low' (Tolkien, pulps, Gene Wolfe) literature.

Give it a century or so of time and the chaff will blow away.

Really the only interesting author of the 20th century is Tolkien; he has a few problems, but at least he's not whining about his daddy issues like everyone else who published 'serious' literature in the 20th century. This is obscured by the foam of moronic pop culture we live in and that sullies everything it touches, let's hope our ancestors fix it. (Especially if the proverbial race war finally comes, which it probably will.)

>Give it a century or so of time and the chaff will blow away.
Yeah, I bet it will.

>at least he's not whining about his daddy issues like everyone else who published 'serious' literature in the 20th century.
War issues are sooo much better 'mirite.

Kill yourself geek

>men who had no self-worth and were forced into subservient labour
>men
>no self-worth
>forced subservient labour

No. Just no.

>dude
>dude like, imagine if like, everything was a labyrinth
>like imagine if to write the book, you had to like BECOME the book
>dude, if maps are accurate, how come they aren't as BIG AS THE COUNTRY THEY COVER
what a hack lmao

>hey guys... anyone else hate having a job... and a family... and parents who are still together... in the greatest of countries... anyone

>dude no okay
>i'm going to write a novel
>a big novel, with chapters
>all kinds of chapters
>and you can read it any order you want
>because it never really goes anywhere
>it's like a mandala
>totally

Stunningly intellectual retort, laddie. Almost as biting a wit as your favorite high modernist whiners.

Anyways, Tolkien gained fame and derision because the core of his works is a foundation of orthodox Christian theology, and with some very controversial and interesting theological questions. (Like: what would a man without original sin look like, or if it's possible to engineer a man physically incapable of redemption, and if that kind of man would be a man at all.)

Compared to the 'high literature' where the most pressing questions are whines about consumerist culture and oppressive governments, he really was the high point of the 20th century artistically.

>what would a man without original sin look like, or if it's possible to engineer a man physically incapable of redemption, and if that kind of man would be a man at all
Wow, how original. And "high" literature doesn't deal with that at all.

R E A D
E
L
E
U
Z
E

A single short story by Ambrose Bierce probably has more insight than everything Tolkien wrote. Stop trying to shill that Christard.

agreed