Hangover Cures

i thought it was a meme, but holy shit Sprite seems to help my horrible hangovers almost immediately
sometimes I'll take some alka Seltzer as well.
Any great hangover cures better than Sprite?

here's the story that made Sprite the famous hangover cure

huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/sprite-hangover-cure_n_4071282.html

>getting hangovers

It's dehydration
Just keep yourself hydrated you dumb fuck

This. You could drink anything other than alcohol and it would cure your hangover. In fact, alcohol would cure it as well. You'd get a much worse one later though.

caffeine and ibuprofen are the only scientific answer

actually the latest research is that hangovers are more than just dehydration, though it is a contributing factor

have none of you in this thread consumed more than one wine cooler at any given time in your life? Or are all of you bitter neckbeards with no friends to go out on the town with?

Because you can drink as much fucking water as you want, but when you go to 5-10 bars and end the night blacked out. You are going to feel like shit in the morning regardless. I'm not even accounting for actual alcoholism, like consuming huge amounts of alcohol every day.

Sprite is nice and all but it doesn't do anything for the crippling depression and terrifying existential dread I associate with a bad hangover.

Man what I would give to be one of these people who can cure a hangover just by drinking coke or a few glasses of water. Or eating a mcdonalds. The only cure is time, lads

well i'm glad you mentioned the existential dread, because I really thought I was alone in feeling that way.
There must be some sort of genetic benefit to drinking alcohol for humans to keep coming back to it, even after we've become aware of all the negative side effects

2 Gatorades

so than what causes it, feggit

Yeah it's a thing, apparently it gets worse with age too. The people in this thread posting about hangovers being cured by soda and water are either 18 or haven't drunk very much.

The best medicine for me is sleep, but the paradox is that although I'm exhausted I can't sleep

asemenia

>projecting this hard
I'm a regular of the al/ck/ thread, faggot. I know exactly what it is like to black out. But it doesn't change the fact that drinking water while you drink alcohol reduces the hangover, and in some cases actually prevents it. You should be drinking Gatorade though. That's what replenishes your body.

what the fuck is asemenia, gheywad

Obviously dehydration is a symptom of a hangover, but it goes deeper than that.
I can only speak for myself, but once I'm able to handle the thought of eating food, it needs to be greasy spoon/deep fried, fatty, and full of carbs.
Also, before h2o I want coke. caffeine and sugar.

yes!
Another one of the many pranks God set up for us.
(not that god is real)
but the drug that relaxes you almost as much as heroin, ironically makes your sleep patterns all out of whack.
fuck my life

Alcohol is a drug that relieves anxiety and as such during withdrawal it increases anxiety. It also prevents you from getting any quality sleep so you're tired all day. Dehydration is but a small component of a hangover, the only thing water will do for you is prevent a headache

My longest hangover have been 3 days.

>go to 5-10 bars
Why? Did you drink so much that they ran out of alcohol? Just go to one you fucking queer.

Never been on a pub crawl? I almost never stay in the same bar all night if I'm on a night out

>Never been on a pub crawl?
No, because I'm not a metrosexual.

Well the stuff is basically poison, and it's our bodies way of telling us to knock it on the head

Your post screams San Fransisco.

Had a few 2 dayers myself.
When I was in my 30's I was told by a drunk that the hangovers just get worse with age.
I defy her synopsis.
Sure, I feel bad in the AM, but ... I mean, you just get used to not feeling okay. So not feeling okay is normal.
>tfw 46 and drink 1/3 of a handle of vodka per night.
Yes, I portion out my handles. If not I would drink nearly all of it in a night.

I think you meant to post that selfie in /soc/, friend.

Why San Francisco? Am I missing something

>Alcohol is a drug that relieves anxiety and as such during withdrawal it increases anxiety
wut

Because it is the gay hipster capital of the world, and bar hopping nancy boys are the pinnacle of that group.

Ok I'm Irish so not aware of that stereotype. Over here it's very common

not your buddy, "friendo"

Just because you had an Irish great grandfather and moved to Ireland doesn't make you Irish, Stephan.

He didn't call you buddy though

Even if I was born, raised and lived here my entire life? Shit, guess I must be San Franciscan after all

OP here
glad I'm not the only old fag here
The only hangovers I've had that were longer than a day were from ecstasy and acid.
But I made this thread because I'm just started drinking a bottle of whiskey and I'm preparing myself for tomorrow's inevitable hangover.
I'm about 5 sheets to the wind, but I'm drinking seltzer water with my whiskey.

wasn't me

MDMA can give me savagely long hangovers but also times I can be off my head and have nothing but an afterglow. It's a dice roll

Alcohol is a guaranteed hangover but will only reach the second day in extreme cases

asemenia, aka a-semen-in-ya.

>I’m a regular on the /alk/ thread

Tips fedora

If you can hold down anything more than a sip of warm water without puking, you're not really hungover.

Jews

Did you do coke in between any of those bars? Cuz I can drink over 12 drinks and not feel much in the morning if I stay hydrated but from what I understand it's the come down from coke that makes hangovers really bad.

Lol these flyovers live in a one bar town

The bad Molly hangovers are from burning out serotonin receptors in your brain. Over use of Molly can lead to crippling chemically induced depression.

It's all about pounding some cool water so you can throw it up again still cold and soothing instead of waiting for the next load of bile.

Jesus.... This. That was me yesterday. Had a serious think yesterday about my life. I haven't eaten in like 36 hours and yesterday was me just weak as fuck lying in bed watching Netflix throwing up bile and anything I tried to drink for a full day.

Yesterday was the worst one I've had in a while, not ideal.

>I'm a regular of the al/ck/ thread, faggot.
faggot

I do this with carbonated water. works well

Not him but 12 drinks would make me feel like hell the next day no matter how hydrated I was, no drugs involved. I'm below average size also so would be pretty drunk too

>drinks sprite to cure hangover
>works immediately

enjoy it while it lasts baby fag

Some of us aren't hopeless drunkards and are able to drink socially (even a lot) without going all the blackout-drunk route, faggot.

Alcohol works on GABA receptors, the same type of receptors that benzos like Xanax works on.

I don't get hangovers and I am a full blown alcohol.

>hangover over 2 days
I think you mean alcohol poisoning

Really? Huh. I can do like 20 beers if I start early enough in the day. Most of what makes me feel like shit is staying up until 2 am and having to get up for work at 6 and not drinking water. Barring that I usually wake up feeling like I got the best sleep of my life when I drink. I'm 5'6" and 155 lbs btw

Is it weird that if I go to sleep plastered, I inevitably wake up feeling amazing? My friends always hated me for it, back when I had them.

That's Irish and triple distilled so the hangover may not be inevitable :^)

Otherwise, try honey and hot tea

Irn Bru

Me too bro. Idk what it is either. Good genes I guess

>tfw you wake up after a whole weekend of hard drinking and rolling on MDMA and doing a bit of coke when energy was low
How to cure feeling like death?

does diet sprite work?

if you read that article I linked in the original post, it say the ingredients that were thought toaid in the hangovers.
As long as diet sprite had that shit, i guess it'll work
But I probably won't ever risk finding out because I just drink the diabetus version and it works for me to some degree.

Is it normal to start crying profusely, reach the depths of despair, and selfharm after a day of drinking? I do it every time, and I never go that low when I don't drink.

This shit + more water + a little bit of weed, always sees me right.

Caffeine is a dice roll. It speeds up your body, heart rate etc so in theory it works to help your body process the ibuprofen faster, but you can risk making your headache worse or your body absorbing and going through they medicine too quickly, or not being able to sleep when you want to have another nap or whatever.

Like says hangovers are because you're dehydrated. Alcohol and caffeine dehydrate you. Drink a glass of water every one or two drinks in the bar and try to be eating something while drinking.

A cheap way to avoid a hangover is to get dehydration tablets. Failing that any sort of sports drink (Gatorade, pocari sweat etc). If you can't get those then water with some salt and lemon sprinkled in it. Chug that with an ibuprofen before going to bed. You will almost never have a hangover this way but be warned, because of this you might find yourself pushing the boundaries.

A Japanese "hangover cure" is hot sake with a raw egg in it. It doesn't work.

That's what I miss about weed. You can get fucked up on a work night and never any hangover. You can get baked beyond belief in the morning and sober up in 2-3h ready for work no problems. Not to mention it's cheaper too.

Alcohol always leaves me feeling so tired, hangovers suck, it makes you fat and it takes so long to get out of your system when you're wasted.

Dill pickles, salad and chocolate milk. Thank me later.

Pickle juice does the same thing. No need to vomit solids.

Part of the hangover is the return of anxiety, which alcohol reduces significantly. It's why some people end up being alcoholics after just starting. It quite literally makes them feel 100 times better than normal, on top of not wanting to suffer through the hangover.

Well maybe if I started early in the day, paced myself and ate lots of food I might not feel too bad but normally when I drink it's when I'm out at bars or clubs so I'm drinking from 8 til 2. But even 6 or 7 drinks consumed in this time would give me a hangover

Everyone here is really impressed

>xanax
>Gatorade diluted 50/50 with water
>weed
>egg, bacon, cheese sandwich with 3 olives on the side

Thank me later

cum

tfw when dwelling in hangover hell cus i only had 2 olives

My auntie knows this.

Get help