Is this the new meme? Declaring dead writers transgender?

“It’s male writers who have a problem with Joyce; they’re all “in the long shadow of Joyce, and who can step into his shoes?” I don’t want any shoes, thank you very much. Joyce made everything possible; he opened all the doors and windows. Also, I have a very strong theory that he was actually a woman. He wrote endlessly introspective and domestic things, which is the accusation made about women writers – there’s no action and nothing happens. Then you look at “Ulysses” and say, well, he was a girl, that was his secret.” -Anne Enright

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/01/what-maya-angelou-means-when-she-says-shakespeare-must-be-a-black-girl/272667/
newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/03/hemingway-the-sensualist
nytimes.com/books/99/07/04/specials/hemingway-genders.html
ranker.com/list/transgender-people-in-history/devon-ashby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/01/what-maya-angelou-means-when-she-says-shakespeare-must-be-a-black-girl/272667/
Not really.

>Anne Enright
Joyce was, first and foremost, an Irish writer. If anything, she's in his long shadow, and white American males like Faulkner and Pynchon are the ones who capitalized on the doors he opened.

Anyways, this meme of attributing introspection and family concerns to women, assuming men can't write on these matters just as well, is stupid. It shows that the woman (in this case, Anne Enright) is insecure, excessively comparing herself against the gender that can not only snap her arm in half with their bare hands, but also create enduring, thoughtful masterpieces.

Btfo'd and well said

You should see all the people posthumously declared to have autism.

This type of shit has been going on for awhile and has always pissed me off. Bunch of idiots going around revising history in an exceedingly bias manner with the goal of making "the disadvantaged" seem more successful and well adjusted. While not realising that even if they were right, which they're not, they would only be showing that odd people were more successful before society labelled them and called them disadvantaged.

How will Enright ever recover from this btfoing?

They have a point with Einstein, odd he's not on the pic. Not the rest though.

someone send this to her, please.

newton seems like a possible

emily dickinson was a fucking QT every day that i wake up alive i am burning with rage that i never got a chance to ram her ass and cum inside her and kiss and hold her

>if they were right, which they're not

I'm sure Einstein, Newton, Van Gogh, Nietzsche and Tesla must've had some sort of autism.

>odd people were more successful before society labelled them and called them disadvantaged.

Van Gogh killed himself, Nietzsche went mad, Tesla died in a small hotel room alone penniless, unknown (and a virgin). I remember reading somewhere Newton wasn't too thrilled of dying a virgin (or having a relationship, can't remember which).

Not sure were you got this idea that odd people were more successful in the past. I mean, if you had money you got to call yourself eccentric but odd people didn't have it that much better in the past.

About Newton there is the story (or legend?) about his strange passion (or fetish?) on mestrual blood

I am glad that every time Dickinson is mentioned on this board, someone comments about wanting to fuck her, for I too burn with lust for this woman

>It’s male writers who have a problem with Joyce; they’re all “in the long shadow of Joyce

But no male writers have a problem with Joyce, instead it's a kind of appreciation bordering on and sometimes significantly exceeding homosexual fascination.

Tfw no Bentham.

>I don’t want any shoes, thank you very much
no female ever

Beethoven, Mozart and Strauss were actually autistic.

Muh utilitarianism...Fuck off. Bentham was pleb-tier scum.

Autism is not what you think it is. There are certain degrees of it. These people might've had mild cases where their social skills are a little "off". Dan Aykroyd is a good example being mildly autistic.

>Dan Aykroyd is a good example being mildly autistic.
Is that why comes across as being somewhat speshul in Grosse Point Blank, among other films?

More than likely. He claims to have been tested. Apparently he carries around a police badge in his pocket everywhere he goes as some sort of weird tick.

I genuinely thought you wrote that just based on how plainly Shit the writing is.
>opened all the doors and windows
>I don't want any shoes thank you very much
And the shitty way she uses that dash

You do realize she was being ironic, right?

Yes. Here's one about Hemingway "Gender Bending"
newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/03/hemingway-the-sensualist

And of course, twenty some years ago when being gay was the fad, there were claims he way gay.
nytimes.com/books/99/07/04/specials/hemingway-genders.html

See I know exactly what autism is and I've personally witnessed every end of the scale from literal retards in wheelchairs flailing their arms at anybody who comes near them to people who could pass as normal for months on end but you get this nagging feeling about them.

My issue with saying people in the past were probably closet gays, or trannies, or autistics, or what have you, is the people saying this are never trained medical professionals and they feel the need to give everybody some sort of fucking label or other to validate that other people who receive the same label are fucking special in some way. It's that they never say shit like "We suspect Nikola Tesla, given he was a fucking workaholic nut terrible with women may have been a sperg", they always definitively say, oh yeah, that guy from a few hundred years back we have scant details about? Autistic, gay, tranny. As if it's a fucking fact. They never express any doubts about it, they just state it like it's a fact.

There is this patronizing dishonesty to the whole thing that disgusts me. It's reflective of the modern psychological trend to diagnose fucking everybody with somebody so no child is left behind. Yes I understand the "autism is a spectrum" shit and all the same these days we're calling kids disabled that would be better off being told they're normal and held to the same standards as everybody else while getting some help as individuals for the problems they have as individuals rather than getting a label and being grouped with a spectrum that includes wheelchair bound retards. It's reflective of the far lefts attempts to call everybody fucking gay or a tranny, we had some LGBT organization not too far from me teaching teachers that nobody was 100% male or female and that everybody was on the gender spectrum. Which is just absurd even if you think the gender spectrum exists.

I can't tell you how deep rooted my hatred of this shit is but I assure you the last thing it is rooted in is ignorance of memes like Autism is a spectrum.

Ok, saying this I'm realising the person in the OP did express doubts about their theory, but it's not very hard to find people saying shit like Joan of Arc was a tranny without any reservations.

ranker.com/list/transgender-people-in-history/devon-ashby

Just straight up, I don't like the type of people that label people from the past with whatever socially left fad of the day is.

Must be hard for a person like Anne, to base their identity on their gender so strongly that it essentially defines their personality. Believing there are some aspects to the human world that are only masculine, and others that are only feminine. Then comes along Big Daddy Joyce, Now, Big Daddy Joyce is such a genius that he captures every aspect of human experience, everything. People devote their entire lives to enjoying and interpreting his works, others devote it to surpassing his works. Enter Anne, with her genuinely plebeian and tiny perspective on the capabilities of man based on her own appalling limitations as a human being. She reads Big Daddy Joyce, "how could he possibly capture the sorts of things that women think? he must be a woman! no possible way he could be a genius, he must be a woman!" and here we have it. One flummoxed roastie to join the pile of Big Daddy Joyce and his legacy's confirmed kills pile.

>paying attention to women
They're failures at everything and should be ignored.

omit that last "pile".

Makes sense in a weird way, I mean, we already know what kind of fucked up fetishes you gain while being blue balled by the world on Veeky Forums.

While I understand your point, Tesla was almost definitely a sperg. I too am annoyed by gays that claim certain historical figures as gay when they're just spergs who couldn't get laid.

And stop conflating "the far left" with identity politics.

Wow no. Joyce was clearly heterosexual. This makes me so uncomfortable when people say things like this. Being "a girl inside" has nothing to do with you gendered activities. I'm a trap basically for two reason: a) being a male was too hard and b) I wanted to have sex with straight men. That's being completely honest. Yes gender identity is real. And it's complicated. But nobody considers the phenomenology of sexed embodiement before deciding to transition. You just look in the mirror. Decide if you'll look pretty and then just do it. Every time I see a transgender girl or someone like that being interviewed I just smile. Cause it's bullshit. Nobody transitions cause they like gardening or makeup or some other gendered activity so much that they just have to be a girl inside. But whatever... I suppose it's a whole lot less shameful than admitting your too weak to handle living as a male and you love getting fucked by straight men. So you tell some bullshit about you playing with Barbies as a kid blah blah blah. But this lady seems to take these claims seriously. I don't want to go to deeply into what this type of embodiment actually looks like, but it's safe to say that Joyce enjoyed fucking his wife. And that wasn't like my situation at all.

>Also, I have a very strong theory that he was actually a woman

WE