What's a good word for a person that comes off as a genial, kind...

What's a good word for a person that comes off as a genial, kind, good person but is completely inauthentic and disgusting to the core? Not just wearing a mask or a con artist, I need a good word for it.

I was trying to think of one because I thought of the Pope and his penchant for talking about corpophilia, but I want to use it for some other things. Thanks bros.

Other urls found in this thread:

mpcdot.com/forums/topic/9496-small-souled-bugman-morphology-and-evolution/
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/07/504701652/pope-francis-warns-media-against-infatuation-with-scandal-citing-coprophilia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ironically sincere aka bugs aka cuck

Dad.

Machiavellian?

what did Daddy do?

Unctuous. It's not exactly right but nobody's gonna call you on it.

Nice, I like this one. Thanks man

Keep em coming if you guys know any, I'm shit at Wordsworthing and using thesauruses right

austin did this smirking thing talking about how much a dime in the street would equivalent to a billionaires GDP as opposed to working class

the word you're looking for is affluenza.

The fuck are you on about you charlatan

No, that word does not apply to OP

hate those phonies

the word i keep coming back to is duplicitous.

always preferred the word sycophant
and renegades for those who are at least honest about their disgusting interiors.

smarmy?

Bugmen.

Good read here: mpcdot.com/forums/topic/9496-small-souled-bugman-morphology-and-evolution/

I'll check it out, cheers

This is an interesting vbulletiny forum. Do you know any others? Wanting to check out different ones than I've been (on life support)

Snake.

This is an interesting query, because it presumes an aptitude to detect in an other what one is rarely if ever able to detect in oneself. The word 'inauthentic' is good, but with the added moral dimension youre looking for the only adequate word is 'evil,' which rings silly in 2017. Youre looking for a less silly word to substitute? Perhaps 'foul' or 'noxious' or 'reprobate' or 'corrupt'?

None of these convey that 'wolf in sheep's clothing' aspect youre both trying to convey and not convey (not wearing a mask) at the same time. (You) want a word that describes an authentic inauthentic person- not easy!
t. same user

David Foster Wallace

Evil, foul, noxious, reprobate, and corrupt are generally noticeable as 'symptom', and not what I'm looking for at all. 'Duplicitous' was a better one pointed out earlier I missed, but those were terrible examples given the description.

>I was trying to think of one because I thought of the Pope
aaand thread hid

Janus, duh.

>maus interpreters
oh man he got me

made this a year ago

>corpophilia

Funny unctuous also means oily, and the first thing I thought of when you described the person was slimy and insincere but im sure you thought of those words

>new

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/07/504701652/pope-francis-warns-media-against-infatuation-with-scandal-citing-coprophilia

Bullshitter

Sometimes the best word is like, really fucking obvious

What's wrong with inauthenticity? Maybe our cultural preoccupation with being 4 real is what makes all interactions painful and fake.

Anyway, "unctuous" is good. Conveys the salesman-y sense of what you're going for.

A fake

Yeah, I tried to correct that. But duplicitous fails because of its sense of telling more than one person the same thing- both person a and person b that (you) love only them, for instance. And unctious (oily) fails because the emphasis is on 'smooth talker'-- a type of salesman, politician.
Don't for a second believe youre somehow less blind. Youre not.

Lacking integrity?
Being a doormat/wet towel?
Someone who is kind and hospitable but who's opinions, thoughts and judgement change like the wind depending on who that person is talking to?
A weasel? A manipulative pleaser too weak of character to serve his own interests?

I'm a different user by the way

The request is too specific. You're going to get a range superlatives kek.

Soft laugh for bugmen but this is hysterical. Just love and pay attention to the people that matter for you, or whatever your shit is.

>literally unable to read an entire sentence before frothing at the mouth

i would call it a jew.

Specious. best word i can find for you. it seems perfect though.

>full of unction; especially : revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, and false earnestness or spirituality
Jesus, this word is essential for describing half the modern culture

A high-functioning psychopath. You just described one perfectly.

"Shallow" or something like that, I think I know what you're talking about.

Someone who acts in a kind or friendly manner but behaves that way to make themselves feel good and increase their social standing while not feeling anywhere near the false emotion they express. Not actively sociopathic or trying to deceive people, just a normie who believes being excessively nice is always good regardless of whether or not their positive attitude is a fabrication with no real depth. The kind of person who makes small meaningless gestures and says "well I did everything I could" and says shit like "everyone is beautiful," "believe in yourself," "I love you no matter who you are," and other false inane meaningless shit that is said purely because it feels good to say.

It isn't a mask, since people can actively convince themselves that their words held value even if those words hold no representation of their actions or the real world. Since society today revolves around maximizing pleasure a lot of people legitimately believe the false image they fabricate of themselves as someone open-minded and kind while they regurgitate buzzwords and popular views onto others without ever thinking or sacrificing anything of value for another person.

If that's what you're thinking of I can probably find a few words for it.

"not a mask" is the part that knocks off sociopath from what he's looking for I think. Not a person incapable of caring about others or even someone being consciously manipulative, just instinctively raising their social value through false sympathy, easily justified internally by something along the lines of "just being nice." Idunno if he's looking for people who are self-aware about it or what though.

Holographic

In fact, even better, Maldacenan.

no one will get that joke

Found it! It was whitewashed tombs. Thank you Jesus, /thread

Phony

Typical Christian.

Mormon