I've been surveying this site now for a year, and I always heard that Veeky Forums is the most "intellectual"...

I've been surveying this site now for a year, and I always heard that Veeky Forums is the most "intellectual". What I've discovered though is that every board is the exact same thing. A variety of low frequency thinkers, with sprinkles of outliers. If it was possible to manufacture autism, this site would have taken the claim. I've never been so disappointed in an investment in my entire life. Before I go permanently, I would like to give you all one last chance to convince me to do otherwise. The floor is yours. If no one replies, perfect, a clean cut. I'll see you all in the next life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4
youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying you can leave

I am a sad, sad man with an empty life who uses literature, intellectuality and snobbery as a crutch to feel good about my pathetic life.
I am a manchild dilettante contrarian psuedo intellectual loser.
Hi what's up?

you seem to have high expectations. What exactly were you hoping for out of a message board?

This one is at least convient and without much site drama. Reddit is a shit hole people trying to win karma points. Facebook is a hell hole of targetted advertising.

Consider what a hassle every other message board/social media platform is. Consider how easy to use Veeky Forums is.

Consider whether you even need a social media platform to use. I post on Veeky Forums very little. I find this convenient too.

>A variety of low frequency thinkers, with sprinkles of outliers.
I agree. whenever I browse this board it's solely to momentarily distract myself. I quickly realize I'm wasting my time and then go back to reading. if its any consolidation i'll try and stop shit posting as much (I rarely make threads)

poopy doopy

>i'll try and stop shit posting as much
please do

sure thing

Shut up you psued

>looking for intellectualism on Veeky Forums
>for a year
>not looking for rare dfws
You don't consider yourself to be among the bright ones, do you my bulb

Veeky Forums is pretty bad generally but Veeky Forums has had a greater amount of quality posts in my experience than other boards. The meme is no one here reads but some people do and you can tell when they post.

Power of Will. I can, and I will.
I'm sorry you are sad. To me you sound honest, pure, maybe hurt. Take it to God in prayer. God is Love. I'm sorry but I don't want to extend my stay. You seem kind.
I don't have any form of social media for that reason. Veeky Forums was my final venture and it failed. It became a time sink, frivolous mental warfare. I was hoping this place was different than Reddit for reasons you stated and it was but it also carries much poison. Ad hominem galore, vulgarity, stupidity, ignorance, spamming etc. And I found myself indulge this culture. However I've realized this isn't healthy for me. I need to master my personal faculties, get closer God. Just imagine all the great men and women who came before us. Some of them died in absolute isolation and ridicule. In our age, we do it intentionally. Things must change for me. It may work for you,.but for me it's a vacuum. If I get deeper in it, I may never come out. You are a good soul. God Bless.

I was looking for sobriety that Reddit didn't provide. It didn't have it. Got warped in. Over time, a realization slowly grew. I really started to perceive how erratic and depressive the behavior is on this site. Some people use this as drug or therapy. I need it for neither. I'm moving on. I was foolish, you are correct. But now I know for certain.

Veeky Forums is the least awful message board on the internet. Not that it's good, but everywhere else is worse.

I also genuinely consider the anonymity of this site to be a huge boon. It's like Oscar Wilde's old maxim about masks. I feel free to express myself more fully on this site, because I can do so anonymously. So do many other people. Maybe that just means the world is full of shitty people.

Don't go thinking people aren't lying just to fit in all the same here. They are. That's when they're not lying just for the heck of it, roleplaying, shilling their blog or the bible, or false flagging /pol/ (who outsiders don't understand are despised to saturation already)

OP here. Yea it really is a reflection of society, go figure. I guess I was just optimistic. Now I've become disillusioned. This will be necessary in my development. Perhaps I may come back and visit this board, I don't plan too, who knows. I didn't really stay loyal to one place. Thanks for your insight, I needed to be reminded.

You're absolutely right OP.

Now do yourself a favour and get the fuck out

Ah, but even in their lies, truth is revealed. The lie reveals something about the liar. WHAT that something is can vary, but you can always find out something about someone by the lies they tell.

an autismo like OP deserves an autismo analogy
youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4

Was meant for youSorry man

>Before I go permanently, I would like to give you all one last chance to convince me to do otherwise.

I'm with you, i quit Veeky Forums for a year once, which now looking back was too bad because Veeky Forums was kind of good back then, it's sure shit now, i feel like another longterm semipermanent exit is on the horizon

Yeah go ahead and leave. You won't be missed.
Have fun finding alternative non shit avenues for discussing literature. You'll be back honey.

Funny I guess. I've seen this done before. Thing is I don't have social media and this place has no personal benefit for me. We're a group of anonymous lurkers. I'm no one to you and that's the way it's set up. A real narcissist couldn't bear this guise. Anyways, I said before I didn't properly observe boards, I wandered. Maybe I rolled in during shitpost season. Who knows. Thanks for the ammonia bud.

Any moment before the creation of this thread would have been the correct one to leave. But now that you have created the thread the damage is done, and neither your presence nor your absence can restore dignity to yourself or the board.

To be honest, I think I came here for friendship. Just ignored my subconscious. Yea It's definitely time for a detox. Thanks for the perspective.
I don't like when people shit where they eat. I don't plan on coming back. Maybe I'll starve heh. Kidding aside there's actual communities of people I can join. Self mastery is prompting the next stage.

What dignity. This is the matrix dude. We're just code in this place. I can humiliate myself and this board, healing instantly.

God Bless you, friend.

>leave the board now pasta

>Power of will

You think you're unique is this mindset? Literally 100% of this site is people who keep coming back.
You never leave this place. Because of reasons. One of the biggest ones is that after coming to this cesspool normie life loses it's charm.

You might get away for a while, but one day, after a night of parting with the bro's and hooking up with Clara you'll come home wasted or high and type in "Veeky Forums".

This ride....never ends.

I always come back because, despite the fact that 90% of the posts here are idiotic horse beatings, the vast majority of my intellectually stimulating conversations over the past few years have happened here. There are a few people here worth talking to. There's even a few that actually read, at least I think so. I've been recommended novels on here that now rank in my top 25. Reading about books gets me excited to read on days when I'm feeling down, and it doesn't take much lurking to remember that I'm better served spending the rest of my day reading what others pretend to have read. It's not a pretty place, but it's ours, and sometimes it's refreshing to be reminded that there is at least a small group of like-minded autists out there who are as obsessive about literature as I am. You're better off leaving this dumpster fire, that should be obvious, but that doesn't mean you couldn't just contribute more and try to make it better.

How exactly would you know if I came back? "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many." It's about the spirit. I believe and my faith will propel me. Life quickly deflates when you lose interest in air. I for one am going to use my lungs and gush my sail. As God as my witness, I will move forward.

You have a purity. You seem to angle your passion. Thank you for your wise inspiration, God Bless.

It took you a year to figure that out?

I guess you fit in just fine here.

I haven't found a better place to discuss literature anywhere on the internet. Yea Veeky Forums is shit, but it's still less shit than places like reddit, tumblr, and all the dead message forums nobody uses anymore. Twitter and Facebook are absolute cancer, and while there are some good blogs out there on Veeky Forums related topics, they don't really qualify as discussion. It's a fucking wasteland out there right now.

You are not as smart as you think you are. Your "intellectual" contributions would be a burden on Veeky Forums. Get the fuck out, useless.

I never mentioned my intelligence. Just that this board's "intellect" which I keep hearing about is matched by every other one. People are experts in their own fields and people hope from board to board, cultivating a culture. If you are angry, take it up with Our Father.

from what I experience there a 2 types of people here
the most: robot Veeky Forums social losers, who only 'read' to compensate/feel superior, but spend most of their time on the internet and shitpost about novels they haven't read to feel smart
and: people who actually enjoy reading and only browse Veeky Forums from tim to time

I'm presuming you are the latter?

This is the least "spooked" place on the Internet, which isn't saying much, but it is worth something. A healthy mix of all kinds of men from all kinds of backgrounds and persuasions. Nobody is willing to pull punches on anything, and yet there's still a healthy mix of bitterness and levity that, occasionally, produces substantial conversations that won't happen elsewhere on the Internet. If I could keep the overall anonymous atmosphere but increase the quality of posts, I would never leave Veeky Forums for a period of more than a month.

Is this a place you plan to visit for as long as you can? Is it that interesting or are you young?

Agreed, but what I like about this board is that people don't get super offended easily. You're hard pressed to find anywhere else like this on the internet. Likewise, in the everyday world, where you have to tip-toe around people's insecurities.

I'm wary that Veeky Forums has raised my expectation of the types of discussion people will tolerant. Maybe I need better friends.

I mean, it fills a niche better than other places. I would jump to another place if I could, but there really isn't. I am also young, and I have things going for me, so maybe there will be a time where I won't feel compelled, but I think that's just faux elitism. If you're interested in some form of real talk or an outlet of some kind, and you're not a braindead normie, then Veeky Forums will always be appealing, especially in an age with increasing restrictions on public expression.

I use this place to collect funny images.

Sometimes the people make me sad. Sometimes they make me laugh.

You won't leave. You'll return in a month at most and feel embarrassed about this post and your resolutions to leave.

Is this place helpful to maturity though. Is it wise to use this place as cover up for the void left by society. Is not solitude healthier and socializing with real people to learn psychological and intellectually durability?

I see a year of browsing Veeky Forums was enough for you to pick up the silly catholic role-playing that this board is now obsessed with. But overall your post is embarrassing and shallow, and the fact that you think anyone here cares about your "intellectual development" or is interested in impressing you means you need to ask yourself some very serious questions about how you view yourself and other people.

I don't know what you're saying. If you spend an inordinate time online ANYWHERE, your maturity will be impacted. But I highly doubt that browsing Veeky Forums over normiebook will lead to worse outcomes, especially since high school culture here is discouraged outside of ironic shitposting.

This. Facebook is much more dogmatic than Veeky Forums. At least here you can hear two sides to the same story. Facebook's popularity has essentially allowed people to be conditioned to only become aware of things Facebook has determined. By contrast, here (much like ordinary forums) you're taught a healthy dose of scepticism.

>Facebook's popularity has essentially allowed people to be conditioned to only become aware of things Facebook has determined.

To elaborate, I mean content that's been determined by its filter. News, posts, videos and targeted ads.

Nice trips, I'm Catholic. I don't care what you think about my development, I want to know why you would recommend this place. Thanks
This normie term is most pathetic in my opinion. Secret sheep, sheep none the less.
Get better friends desu. Facebook is a tool. I only ended it because I misused it. Wasted time. Anyway not judging. Thanks guys, your inputs will go minded.

> I don't care what you think about my development, I want to know why you would recommend this place
But you've been here a year and you've obviously made up your mind as to the quality of the board, hence why this thread is a pointless vanity project for you. Also, sincere catholics don't burst out into really irrelevant homilies every other sentence as you have done throughout this shitty thread - its role-playing and window dressing regardless of what your true beliefs are, honey.

Cya

I fear you take yourself much more seriously than you should.

>homilies
Kek'd. I was hoping for anecdotes that would perhaps move me. Hasn't happened yet.
Kek'd again.

>Kek'd

If you're OP then I'd certainly consider that just by that word you're much more likely to be the problem rather than the solution.

That's a whole lot of writing about nothing to prove a silly point user. You ain't going NOWHERE.

How do I know you will come back?

Because why wouldn't you. I know about 20 people irl who browse Veeky Forums. All of them have said the same thing.

All of them take a break for a while, including myself, but there is no leaving this place because there's no reason to. You won't find the spread of ideas and communities of discussion anywhere else irl or on the internet.

>This normie term is most pathetic in my opinion. Secret sheep, sheep none the less.
You sound like an insufferable nigger. I'll respond to your non-argument with a non-argument.

Leave. I only visit this board to pick out the posts made by the outliers you so called them. Though I can say this board was great for a vent and the rare good advice it still rarely produced for me. It improved my writing and eased my need to talk to people still more intelligent than the average person I currently have the ability to interact with. But I can say too that once my medical debt clears and I'm again free to invest my income of my own will will I certainly leave this board for good, if not perhaps for the occasion of habit until the reflex dies. All boards here should bear the motto of /b/. Use the board as a crutch. Don't don't believe this will be your only means of socializing. At even the worst attempts the real world is still far more rewarding. And like all walls, after a few throws, or years, will the one you've built come down.

Veeky Forums is just a place for insecure people to anonymously vet authors, titles, and ideas so they can avoid looking ignorant around their real life peers.

>Anecdotal ((evidence))
Found the cuck

You want the truth OP? No on here has friends. No one here is emotionally healthy. Period. There's a reason everyone on this site has so much disdain for non users (normies as these rats say), normal people are happier than this lot will ever be, no matter how pathetic they are. Real people trumps computer screens any day of the week. This is the home of the socially retarded or traumatized. Run while you can brother, I will follow you soon.

>it's alright, alright, alright.jpg

Is there any other alternatives? I can't stand reddit anymore and this site gets on my nerves more often than not, I just want something interesting to browse and discuss without memes, karma, shitposting and general ignorance.

ROFLMAO

What's so funny faggot

You don't get it. Behind the farcade of social mingling, plastered smiles and insincere shoulder pats, you'll find Veeky Forums: an unbridled, raw and genuine expression of human sentiments, the last bastion of it's kind. It isn't supposed to be pretty or intelligent, for the simple fact that beneath the everyday pretentions, most of us are utter fools.

This is a celebration of folly – with all the irrational rage, emotional spite and long accumulated bitterness that slumbers awkwardly in the normie realm. We bond through a language of obscure memes, centered around a culture of disdain for the norm, all the while fighting amongst ourselfes in shitposts like rabid dogs sustained on a life affirming diet of (You)'s.

You might well be a God fearing man, but that faith is sweet nectar to swallow. Religious and philosophical idealism is a beautiful escape to Utopia, but the word itself comes from the Greek 'ou' and 'topos' – not [a] place. The despair of the human condition and it's expression, on the other hand, isn't a sweet nectar to swallow, but more like gargling rusty cum from a suicidal trap, and that's what you'll find yourself waddling through here. They say this place is the home of weirdos, autists and defunct robots, a no mans land for social outcasts, but in truth, normies are mythological creatures; we're all broken.

I often daydream of hanging myself on the majestic tree in the graveyard across my apartment, but I still have cinders of potential keeping me warm. Likewise, I hate this place but I keep returning. It's a morbid sight to behold, mesmerizing and nauseating at the same time.

This is the closest to a /leftypol/ we have here.

Right on, I'll pave the way brother.
To be honest, friend, you lost me at normie. The real world is where we were born and where we will die. If you think society is a malady then cure it, don't run here. Do it for yourself, do it for all of us. Your potential is being squandered here. Go seek people, but seek God first. God Bless.

Traumatized, maybe. Socially retarded? Nah.

I've got loads of friends. I struggle to stay in and just do normal stuff because I get calls or texts every 4 hours or so to go out. I get laid on a semi frequent basis too. I can mingle, and I do it well, as I imagine a solid number of asshats on this site do too.

But I'm also fucked up for a plethora of reasons that I can't even keep track of anymore so I imagine the former holds some credence.

What do you mean user?

>like rabid dogs sustained on a life affirming diet of (You)'s.

Jesus Christ I hate this place but geekdom is now normie territory and I have no where else to go.

People here are slightly more receptive to left wing ideas and don't (always) think that the left wing is just SJWs and trannies.

>I've got loads of friends

Well most of us don't.

>I imagine a solid number of asshats on this site do too.

I kinda doubt that. There is an extreme lack of getting laid on many of these boards, unless a dude dressing up as a girl does it for you.

>Redditor doesn't understand how to use Veeky Forums
Good riddance. This place is like a notebook. Find a good discussion and spit out a few paragraphs and do something else. I will never understand people looking for "quality discussion" on a fucking website. Find creative partners by pursuing your art and attracting others. Find spiritual mentors in a Church by professing a calling. Use this, and any website, as a tool.

think the people here who don't have friends or get laid just whine the most so you hear them often.
Same applies to SJW. They never stop bitching, like insufferable toddlers who want their blankies and cookies.

I'm personally convinced most people here function alright. Maybe on certain boards they are a lost cause like r9k.

You're wise man brother. God Bless.

We don't even know if you're lying kek. To be honest, from what I observed of society. People with healthy social lives are nowhere even remotely close to this God forsaken place.

>People with healthy social lives are nowhere even remotely close to this God forsaken place.

You got that right, any time I think hear a Veeky Forums joke IRL, I find out that it's been filtered and altered through several sites before being regurgitated on a facebook post.

People are so much more happier than we are.

They are. They have friends kek. Did you just use memes as a standard of living?

>more happier
>we
>muh sekret club
enough

Any time somebody uses "we" on this site I die inside. Every single thread is an argument, there's hardly a common agreement on terms here, let alone a common character.

>Did you just use memes as a standard of living?

No, I just thought I might have found someone else that surfs Veeky Forums. I've only even known one person who surfed Veeky Forums.

>muh sekret club
>enough

We all wanna be part of something.

Your faith is admirable – it reminds me of a younger version of myself, before the treacherous world of whitewashed and commercialized 'mysticism' crushed my ambitions.

"They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak."

That and the realization that most people are ruled by the irrational appetites of their soul drained me down to this comfortable state of wrathful lethargy. Perhaps I've become too cynical and despaired for my own good. I've been meaning to read the works of Nicholas of Cusa to lift my spirits, but I can't for the life of me get myself together.

I don't really have a point with this post. I still consider "all the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players" – beautiful words from the bard, all the more impactful considering that the etymology of the word 'persona' comes from a Latin word meaning 'mask' – but otherwise, you have some fair points.

>Not connecting with like minded Veeky Forumsizens
>Not forMing community bonds with them and maintaining a global network of intellectuals
>Not staying at their house for a few nights when traveling, sharing ideas over dinner
>Not identifying them on Veeky Forums by coded posts

You never had a chance.

So you are broken like all of us. Perfect. It's time to build. Start here:
youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc

Stop this faggy le gentelmen speak.

>I never mentioned my intelligence.
But you did. That you don't realize it speaks of your ignorance and confirms how useless you are to the board. Witness:

>I always heard that Veeky Forums is the most "intellectual"
>I've never been so disappointed in an investment in my entire life
>I would like to give you all one last chance

Implying you have nothing to learn from anyone here. The hubris alone is reason to excommunicate you. I would like to say Bye, Felicia but I know your lame-posting "this is my last post goodbye forever" ass isn't going anywhere.

Does anyone remember l337 speak?

>think the people here who don't have friends or get laid just whine the most so you hear them often.

You're just proving his point.

Being happy and being social are too different things.

Also you can be happy and be a total train wreck.

Just like you can be depressed while having everything you ever dreamed of. You just really want to believe your own shortcomings are part of the greater Veeky Forums community at large.

There's a Brazilian kid who would frequent /pol/ who has no teeth and lives almost entirely on the street, scrounges up pennies to use a computer at an internet cafe. Happy as a clam.

There's a kid I talked to on Veeky Forums who made like 8 million dollars off bitcoin some years back and just lounges around in his same house jacking off all day and shitposting.

I'm a disgruntled mid 20's dude who had his life planned out to the T and was going great but it all fell apart a couple years back and I haven't bounced back, if ever.

I find the monotony of life abhorrent yet I also find joy in simple pleasures like good company, drink and an honest days work.

I'm just having a discussion with him mate. It involves a bit of back and forth.

>There's a Brazilian kid who would frequent /pol/ who has no teeth and lives almost entirely on the street, scrounges up pennies to use a computer at an internet cafe. Happy as a clam.

That's fucked up, and I really doubt that he's as "happy as a clam". I'm guessing Veeky Forums is a just temporary respite from reality.

Being happy and social are related things numbnuts

>I also find joy in simple pleasures like good company
Being social

>There's a kid I talked to on Veeky Forums who made like 8 million dollars off bitcoin some years back and just lounges around in his same house jacking off all day and shitposting.
Not being social. Coincidentally also unhappy. Hmm, I wonder if the two are related?

>I'm just having a discussion with him mate. It involves a bit of back and forth.

It involves not ruining your own argument.

Fuck off back then

Speak for yourself. Sometimes I get my girlfriend to bump my threads.

>I don't have any form of social media for that reason. Veeky Forums was my final venture and it failed. It became a time sink, frivolous mental warfare. I was hoping this place was different than Reddit for reasons you stated and it was but it also carries much poison. Ad hominem galore, vulgarity, stupidity, ignorance, spamming etc. And I found myself indulge this culture. However I've realized this isn't healthy for me. I need to master my personal faculties, get closer God. Just imagine all the great men and women who came before us. Some of them died in absolute isolation and ridicule. In our age, we do it intentionally. Things must change for me. It may work for you,.but for me it's a vacuum. If I get deeper in it, I may never come out. You are a good soul. God Bless.

I thought this thread was a larp, but I think OP was actually sincere, and this post is pretty much spot on.

This board is a time sink because the occasional good post creates an intermittent reinforcement effect, a psychological basis for addiction.

Scum.