Cozy winter food

It's freezing, Veeky Forums.
Let's discuss warm winter foods.
This winter I am obsessed with mushrooms and roasted vegetables.
Gonna cook up some chanterelles with shallots & leeks tonight: probably potatoes in some fashion as well, and will likely involve bacon.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borș_(bran)
thecookiewriter.com/roasted-baby-potatoes-homemade-mushroom-sauce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scalloped potatoes.

can't go wrong with a classic beef stew. mines is still cooking.

this. this is my favorite thing after sex

mmmmm

warm me up, senpai

Mushroom stew!

my favorite

for how long do you cook that? dont the mushrooms go mushy?

Chinese clay pot rice!

PIEROGIS + APPLE SAUCE = MMM

Classic bolognese, maybe with some chili powder for added burn.
Buckwheat with roasted onion and mushrooms.
Beef, stewed in wine.
Chicken, baked in tray with potatoes.

Sorry, no photos.

nothing wrong with a unironical cb

Best potatoes are fingerlings, drizzled in olive oil and roasted with some herbs du provence. Don't even have to peel them.

Pan, fingerlings, olive oil, herbs, done. Best potatoes you'll ever taste. You could feed the entire Irish nation on them

I think I'll make this after my finals are done this week.

My gf will love it, keep the ideas coming

Picked up a Pork Leg for £2 the other day.

Any ideas?

Pot roast, regular roast, break it down for escalopes
There, 3 ideas

pics?

Yo, I don't know how they do it where you are, but I suggest grating the carrots and celery for better flavor. Also always serve it with some nice sour cream.
Also I don't know if you've ever heard of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borș_(bran) but if you can't come across it, add some lemon or vinegar into it.

Posting the best. Too bad I could never find a butcher in the US who did a cut like this.

This desu

op, what is the recipe?

wat dis

A good pasta e fagioli warms you up good. I'd like to make some dishes with chanterelles but they're prohibitively expensive here so no such luck.

looks like tomato soup and grilled cheese to me

Made brats and pierogies tn. Cooked the brats in butter and onions and beer then cooked the sauerkraut in the drippings. Then added more butter and fried the pierogies. Almost broke my tv launching cum across the room.

Not OP but looks like this recipe

thecookiewriter.com/roasted-baby-potatoes-homemade-mushroom-sauce/

for me, its clam chowder in a bread bowl

i prefer a cigarette.

Not him but I'd assume you add them at the end or just not simmer that long

mushrooms are unlike vegetables in that they don't break down as they cook.

>Now Melts!

ur fagioli

FOR ME IT'S THE MCCHICKEN

Holy Heck that looks amazing

Beef stew with root veggies sounds so fucking good.

Classic, TOTAL CLASSIC

Technically a fall food but it's not actually winter yet so it counts

It is. It's also pretty easy to make which is a plus. Sear beef, take out of the pot. Add onion to the pot, cook out until well browned. Make roux, cook to a peanut butter color- it should smell kind of toasty as well. Gradually add good beef stock until it's liquidy enough that it won't clump, then pour the rest in. Add beef back in, along with whatever aromatics you want, and simmer until beef is almost tender. Add root veg, simmer until veg are tender, season and serve. The biggest things are making sure you use really good beef stock, as that's the bulk of the volume of the stew and a lot of its flavor, and making sure you get really good browning on your beef and your onions, as that's where the primary flavor of the whole stew comes from.

Also, if it doesn't taste right before the veg go in, it's fine- the veg will add a lot of flavor and some much needed sweetness as they simmer in.

Cioppino was our familly's Christmas Day dinner every year for like 6 years before I moved away. I can't honestly remember why that started, but holy fuck was it good.

I'm back home for christmas for the first time in like three years this year, and we're doing cioppino again- I'm pretty excited honestly.

Bone-in skin-on pork belly is hard to find where you live? Check out an Asian grocer, they tend to have every imaginable cut of pork and then some.

Also, a butcher at the market I tend to go to always has that cut but of wild boar on hand. It's fucking amazing.

for me it's the McChicken. the best cozy winter food.

subtle kek

im not that into mcdonalds normally, but this bad boy is so goddamn good

> Italian style blue mussels

> Potatoe Milk&Cheese hot dish fresh from the oven

> Hot soup of leek, minced meat and a little bit of pepperoni, served with sour cream

> sea bass filets with cut skin on top of rice and white Bechamel-sauce

> Pizza with chicken, BBQ-sauce and corn

Chicken stew with dumplings, tho i cant find a decent pic online.

medium kek