Tonight's dessert is maple-flavoured cheesecake with candied bacon bits. Let's start!

Tonight's dessert is maple-flavoured cheesecake with candied bacon bits. Let's start!

I am monitoring this thread.

>candied bacon bits. Let's start!
Let's not.

Fuck off Reddit faggot

First, let's blend three bricks of cream cheese and 3/4ths of a cup of white sugar.

Good meme

Next, we need three eggs. Don't be a dummy like me, though - you should add them one at a time and blend each individually.

After the eggs are blended in we get to add our flavours! I put a bit of vanilla, a bit of maple, and some Aunt Jem (pretend) maple syrup. Remember to scrape the side of your blending bowl!

Next we add the bacon. I cut 1/6th of a pack into tiny pieces and fried them in the pan with some rice vinegar, brown sugar, syrup and pepper.

oh boy

After the bacon is added, it's ready for the oven!

>cheese cake
>oven
really makes me think

I also cook mine in the microwave

It's in a better place now.

So your only experience with cheese cake is that pilsbury instant garbage? I'm glad OP is able to teach you something today. Pay attention.

haha retard

Thanks for sharing, OP. I'm not sure if I would like the bacon-maple flavor but your base recipe seems easy. Can you tell us a little about how you made the crust?

All finished! Tomorrow it'll be covered with a caramel sauce with bacon pieces and chopped pecans. Maybe I'll make a follow along thread for that, too. If anyone wants the ingredient list or amounts let me know! Happy baking!

Is bacon a necessity? My stomach can't handle pork well. Shoots through me faster than a Kenyan on a track being chased by child support.

So don't add bacon, retard. Are you new to cooking or something?

Looks great. I'm impressed by the limited breaking on top.

Every time I make a crust I use the amounts that you'd find on a graham crumb box - 1 1/4 C graham crumbs/cookie crumbs/etc and 1/4 C butter. This time I used 1 1/4 C graham crumbs, 1/8th C unsalted butter and 1/8th C rendered bacon fat, as well as a pinch of cinnamon for fun!

Nope! I just use a base recipe for the cheesecake batter and then add whatever flavouring or ingredients I want to it. I make one with copious amounts of Irish liqueur every St. Patrick's day. :)

Thank you user!

No, I'm just blatantly retarded AND new to cooking. There's a strong difference.