What are the 3 (three) most important books that I can read to give myself a quick rundown on metaphysics?

What are the 3 (three) most important books that I can read to give myself a quick rundown on metaphysics?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/pdfy-8rVQ3zCB6UcGCBny
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>metaphysics
>quick rundown

kek

t. brainlet

Why not learn about regular physics instead?

Because metaphysics is more important

Metaphysics: A Very Short Introduction.

How is it more important than learning about the nature of Nature herself?

"Cosmos and Trancendence" by Wolfgang Smith possibly, but you need some basic knowledge of the trajectory and evolution of Western (and pre-Schism) philosophy and theology. Smith is a PhD mathematician from Columbia U but has a good grasp of theology.

Because metaphysics is the 'why' to even study physics in the first place

See

Archive . org link to "Cosmos and Trancendence" by Wolfgang Smith ebook: archive.org/details/pdfy-8rVQ3zCB6UcGCBny

>nature of Nature
Lol physics is not that dude.

bump

Phaedo, Critique of Pure Reason and Being and Time.
Alternatively, just pick up a history of philosophy.

you da real MVP

Just smoke some pot and watch the lectures Tyson has on Netflix. Then read ancient myths up to and including the Bible. Form your own metaphysical understanding from the information you interpret.

Well, it was. Then Quantum Theory, Mechanics, and Physics s took as more the exploration of the nature of nature. Which honestly isn't that imo, but a look into how our being and consciousness within the universe has a 'unifying' effect on the universe which is really a parabolic window into our own inner mental machinations being overlaid top the external universe as 'spooky' phenomena.

dear infinitely glorious motherfucker

plz see
& pic rel

Not that guy but it certainly is in a certain, undeniable sense.

Would you be able to suggest a particular title or publisher for a history of philosophy?

Try Will Durant's or Bryan Magee's phil history books.

bump