/cg/

Cocktail general.

What's your favourite cocktail? Mine's the last word.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=agQpK6H3LP8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Usually just vodka

Gimlet.

fancy (((cocktails))) are for urbanite soyboy losers that don't have kids by the time their 30

>soyboy xDD
there is nothing wrong with soy consumption

I TOTALLY agree with you, I eat a lot of soy and I'm a serious athlete myself. Everyone says it'll raise estrogen levels in men, however there are no conclusive studies to prove this. One says this and the other one is completely opposite. Just look at the Shaolin Monks, the practice INTENSE kung fu for like 5 hours a day and they eat tofu as their main protein source, along with beans and peanuts. They rock 6 packs all YEAR long and they are pretty muscular for not doing any weight training.

aka "living the dream"

a good margarita.

Decent blanco tequila, cointreau and fresh limes.

"Fancy" cocktails are for people that derive enjoyment out of living. They are not a fat ass judgemental neckbeard like yourself.

Haven't had a Last Word in ages. God that brings back memories.

Mine is either a Rusty Nail with an Islay Malt Scotch or an Old Pal. East Side Rickey is great in the summer.

when will they learn?

The real question is gin or vodka then Rose's or lime juice and simple.

1oz lime juice
3/4oz simple syrup
2oz choice gin

Perfection.

vodka and coke

(You)

You

White Russians are my go to
Hard to fuck up and when they're made well they're real good

strawberry daiquiri probably

Whisky sour, easy as fuck and always have the ingredients at home

Gin basil smash if I'm feelin' fancy

Never watched that movie completely.
I remember drinking a lot of white russians early this year and I woke up vomiting and pretty much just got it on my bedside rug so I rolled it up and put it in the corner and I'm afraid to look at it now.

I'm sure your rug really tied the room together

Usually a super simple OF. Just rye whiskey, simple syrup, and bitters, stirred with ice. None of that fruit salad mumbojumbo for me.

ehh..glass full of ice. bacardi oakheart, cola, lime.

>
well played

I wonder if it would taste good with bourbon instead of vodka. I'd call it an alt-right (aka white American)

Alt-right uses Mexican Kahlua? Kek

Paloma or Negroni are my go-tos

just vodka in a cocktail glass

Obviously. The same way you'd have to use Mexican construction workers to build the wall.

You can order an extra dry vodka martini straight up, which is basically a glass of vodka but will convince a casual onlooker that you just ordered a cocktail and are not in fact a lifestyle alcoholic.

I just get a gin and tonic. Hard to fuck up, I can easily make it at home no matter how drunk I am, and it's a sufficiently boring drink that there is no risk of anybody judging me for it.

This gin is good, it's like half the price of Tanqueray yet tasty and unbelievably smooth. It's a bit citrusy, less "pine tree" tasting than some gins. Even if you don't put a squirt of lime in, it kind of tastes like you did.

Pic

My guy, this and a LaCroix is my go to.

(Me)

recognize this wise man's dubs

>Pulled dubs himself

>that don't have kids by the time their 30
when did Veeky Forums become this? FUCK OFF NORMIE WE DON'T WANT WHAT YOU'RE SELLING

why are cocktails called cocktail? such a weird name honestly

Sex on The Beach probably, but I like a good cosmo too.

You're a weird guy.

I've done this. It's great. I call it a White American since it's an American product instead of Russian.
No one factors in the Mexican Kahlua or nazi milk/cream, though.

>White
>American

@9802376

Gimlet.

Death in the afternoon
30ml Absinthe in champagne flute, top with champagne.

Or

Sangre Maria

60ml reposado tequila
Dash Worcestershire
Tapatio or similar Mexican hot sauce to taste
Ice
Build with hot n spicy v8 juice
Shake and strain over ice (lowball glass)
Stir with celery stick
Float with 15ml dry sherry
Cracked pepper on top

Or

Red eye

30ml vodka in a pint glass
Worcestershire sauce
Cracked pepper
Fill glass to 1/3 with V8 hot and spicy or clamato
Top with a crisp pilsner beer, stir and serve

That’s my Sunday jam

Gordon's/Oaxacan Breakfast
2/3 cucumber slices
Half a lime cut into quarters
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tapatio
2 dashes Tabasco
3/4oz simple syrup
2oz Gin or Mezcal

Build in cocktail shaker, starting with muddling the dry ingredients. Add minimal ice and shake. Pour, unstrained into a double rocks glass and garnish with black pepper.

It's has a good savory flavor that I've made for guests having brunch that don't like tomato juice.

*it has, whoops

Gimlet.

Gimlet.

One Night in Oaxaca at One Flew South in ATL

Vida mezcal, partida anejo, cocchi di torino, hoo-doo chickory liquor, orange bitters, jack rudy aromatic bitters

Pimms cups are nice too

moscow mule

stuff great, I found a bunch on clearance for 11$ a bottle

this

youtube.com/watch?v=agQpK6H3LP8

Neat

Tbh I enjoy a good old fashioned. I can do it with or without all the fruit in it, I really like cherries anyway so sometimes it's fun to pick them out of the bottom.

Also I know it gets made fun of a lot but mojitos are delicious.

mine is a recipe i invented, named after myself.

"The Hairy Jerry"
>1 cup of champagne vinegar
>1 cup of pig's blood
>7 shots of absinthe
>a cinnamon stick
>an entire bay leaf
>3 tbsp. Texas Pete

>Blend all ingredients at once in a blender at the highest speed it'll go
>unplug the blender after 45 minutes
>using the vacuum method, concentrate the mix so it turns into about 1 cup of mixture concentrate
>rinse a toothpick, and put it to the side.
>pour the mixture into coffee mugs, and microwave for 30 seconds.
>take out of the microwave and drink as fast as possible while lukewarm.

wa la, that's how you make "The Hairy Jerry". best served at

Glasgow is my go-to. Scotch, dry vermouth, bitters and absinthe. It doesn't sound like it would work at all, but the ingredients all blend into this herbal, smoky and incredibly dry ambrosia.

People calling cocktail lovers soyboys, this is what a real soyboy looks like, for the record.

Sazerac or Rusty Nail, depending on the season

This

Manhattan for me, by far.
2oz rye
1oz sweet vermouth
2 dash bitters
Stir in mixing glass with ice, then strain into glass

>People calling cocktail lovers soyboys, this is what a real soyboy looks like, for the record.
the majority of Veeky Forums is female

how it's that glass style called? I need one of those fucking glasses

>being that insecure
>calling behaviours of others that makes him feel envy or overall like a fucking outcast "being a soyboy"
in the pre alt-reich era human excrements like you had the decency of killing themselves in a discreet manner

Coupe glass? Not sure

I want to get more into cocktails and alcohol and shit. So far the most complicated drink I've made myself is earl grey tea with a shot or two of lemon liquer in it. Are there any good beginner cocktails, especially if I never really developed a taste for beer?

DAIQUIRI

>So far the most complicated drink I've made myself is earl grey tea with a shot or two of lemon liquer in it
Good thinking user! I remember being amazed at a Darjeeling cocktail at a bar in shanghai. why didnt i think of this earlier? tea-flavored cocktail.
>beginner cocktails
white russian is simple, pretty difficult to fuck up and easy to adjust

The most important things to remember are:

1. Never use citrus that you didn't squeeze yourself. There is a possible exception for certain recipes that call for period retro-ironic weirdness like Rose's Lime but those are invariably better with actual lime and simple syrup and you would only use the Rose's for miserable depression-era authenticity

2. Cointreau > de Kuyper shit. You won't use much of that stuff and it's worth spending a few bucks extra

3. Don't listen to poorfags who tell you that "you can't taste the difference" and you should buy bottom shelf. With vodka you don't need to get much beyond say, Smirnoff-level, but with anything that has a taste of its own (whisky, brandy, rum, etc), it matters. This is less applicable for long drinks but for proper cocktails you shouldn't cheap out. You don't need to buy $100 tequila but don't buy fucking Montezuma and expect good results

montezuma is bad tequila? is olmeca silver good? olmeca gold?

My favorite winter cocktail will always be hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps and vodka.

the cheapest tequila anyone should buy is cazadores

The David

Thanks, it's a pretty fun drink, but a bit of a pain in the butt with having to brew the tea too.

And thanks, I'll keep all that in mind. I might do margaritas then. I like those cayman jack things, and I like lemon liquer straight, so I can probably give triple sec a try if I don't like it with the tequila.

Anons have you ever thought about a compact set of drinks and ingredients you need to mix cocktails? or should I first decide on the particular drinks I want to mix?

Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel.

>Gin
>Whiskey
>Vodka
>Oranges
>Limes
>Bitters
>Tonic and soda water
>Sugar
>Ice
You can make a lot of good cocktails with just these on hand. With the sugar you can make your own simple syrup at a 1:1 ratio with water then boiled till dissolved.
>Easy mode use ginger ale in place of tonic water or simple syrup all at once. I sub it in my old fashioned sometimes when I wanna get shitty and streamline the process.

> Ice cube in a cocktail glass
ISHYGDDT

Amen brother

nice taste that is really surprising to find on here. cheers

>How did a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Cynar Daiquiris

Ramons Gin Fizz

Philadelphia Fish House punch

Last Words are great too

tom collins for daytime
long island for nighttime

Cocktail advice?

I'm trying to modify the Last Word into something much stronger. I like the pun of "Last Whisper" because it can mean you give this at the end of the night (the last thing anyone does before heading out) or right at the beginning (kill the awkward small talk windup); hence Last Whisper.

So far I have:
>3/4oz gin, naval strength
>3/4oz Disaronno
>3/4oz absinthe
>3/4oz limoncello

It's still a tad too smooth, I feel I need to change something about the Disaronno component without losing that flavor. Any tips?

i would just increase the amount of gin slightly

the majority of Veeky Forums is female (male)

Good advice.

Since I didn't tried every fucking cocktail I don't know what is my favorite, but so far which I liked the best is tequila sunrise

hey, if people don't complain, it's less cocktail you serve

I always thought "freshly squeezed lemon/lime" was a hipster thing until I used it for bloody mary, a cocktail I seriously loathed, and it turned it's pretty okay with real lemon juice, like, directly squeezed in the glass.

Also, I think using top shelf is true with while alcohols but a waste with the rest

My favorite shaken cocktail is blood and sand. stirred I like a vesper

A martini as our Christian lord intended:
>Fill glass with chilled gin
>Wave glass towards italy for vermouth
>Drink

If i have no gin left I make Manhattans with my cooking whisky
>2 part bird dog
>1 part sweet vermouth
>Drizzle a little cherry juice from the jar based on how sweet you want it
>Dash of bitters
>Shake with ice and pour into a glass
>Cherry to garnish

Wow, you're autistic.

>dry martinis meme
Kill yourself.

Working on it, one glass of gin at a time

How large a glass?

i'm of the very dry persuasion myself but this is literally not a martini. a classic martini that is my favorite and you will probably enjoy is the gibson martini. the way i make it is by thoroughly rinsing a glass with dry vermouth, leaving a thin residue in there. then pour your ice cold gin and garnish with a cocktail onion. the traditional ratio for a gibson is something like 3:1 but i have found that depending on your gin, 4:1 or 5:1 satisfies a dry martini drinker and adds another dimension you're missing out on with just a glass of cold gin.

Pint glass usually, its a very drinkable gin they stocked up on this year across the street called St Lawrence. Also is right for actual martinis.

okay?

You don't have to have tried every cocktail known to man to know your favourite. Don't pretend like you don't know why I'm calling you autistic.