I don't mean to tip my fedora too hard, but seriously...

I don't mean to tip my fedora too hard, but seriously, how can you guys possibly believe in Christianity in this day and age? I mean i can entertain the idea of believing in God, or thinking it possible that God exists, but how the fuck can you believe everything about the Bible, that Jesus walked on water, performed miracles, that everything in the Bible is correct, and that there exists a Heaven and Hell just as the Bible says, etc? How the fuck do you believe this shit? Just "muh faith"? Because that seems like just delusion to me, I gotta say. Oh by the way, a smug picture of a fat guy tipping a fedora is not an argument

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/tract/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>arguments are good
>anything that doesn't fit into my Newtonian logic is wrong!
Back to /r/eddit

ur soo edgy, user. i hope u right a book, i would totes read it. you no wat else is trippy, the consept of time.

If you can entertain the possibility that God exists and that Jesus is the union of God and man, then I dont see why miracles and shit are so hard to imagine, seems like a relatively minor thing compared to the central idea.

A rabbi (please don't kill me /pol/) once said, "I believe everything in the Bible is true, even the parts never happened." Faith in Christianity is different from that of Judaism, and plays a much bigger role in the religion. At a certain point, veracity doesn't matter as much. When you're talking about being completely and ecstatically swept up by infinite love, the veracity of actions described in the gospels don't matter that much. It's more their metaphorical meanings.

>in this day and age
Not an argument.

>How the fuck do you believe this shit?
You have no idea what I believe or why, and are using your own misunderstanding of Christian philosophy as a stand-in for my own. Learn what you're talking about before denigrating it, thanks.

lmao no surprise that these are the only arguments christfags have

Why don't you have the same feverish animosity towards Buddhists? Hindus? Islam perhaps seeing as how it's a fucking scourge on mankind and Western + Eastern values.

But no. You insist that anyone who calls themselves a Christian must be a simple minded oaf who believes in fairy's and trolls. And that's why no one likes you.

If you want to understand something, study it. Don't go around talking shit because you just hit angst 17 and started mumbling "fuck you mom" under your breath because she wants you to go to Church.

Christianity and the Bible and many works surrounding it is so complicated that people devote their entire lives to it's study just to scratch the surface.

And yet here you are. Enlightening us all.

Of all the major world religions Christianity is probably the closest thing to a good religion that exists.

>Arguments r gud becuz reddit sed it

>muh feels beat reals everytime

>rand
>Fedoras
>Reddit

Wew laddy

The Bible is single handedly the most influential piece of literature in human history. Nothing you write will ever come close to it. Who cares if it's not true. The idea of the bible will live long after you die. It will outlive you and your stupid opinions. In a sense, its more real than you ever could be.

Reality doesn't exist, redditor
>its not true
Fuck off, Peterson suckoff.

If you honestly believe there's no merit whatsoever in the bible, you either haven't read it or you're reading it with dishonest intentions.

pic related

This post is all that is needed to dismantle every single /r/atheist on this board. Their short and torturous, materialistic existence disappears into oblivion while noone even notices or cares. Their bloodline forever cursed to be godless heathen who are consumed by their own sin.

you are mentally ill

>Why don't you have the same feverish animosity towards Buddhists? Hindus? Islam perhaps seeing as how it's a fucking scourge on mankind and Western + Eastern values

OP probably does. But you don't see many threads full of larping Buddhists, Hindus or Muslims claiming their particular mythology is the truth.

>wah wah mommy why do I have to go to mass! I hate it! When I grow up I'm never going to church and I'm gonna listen to shitty comedians talk about how much they want to kill themselves because they never found love and fulfillment, instead filling their bodies and souls with pointless vile abuses and copious amounts of alcohol and drugs!

>I don't mean to tip my fedora too hard, but seriously, how can you guys possibly believe in Christianity in this day and age?

What's the alternative, everything evolved out of nothing? How plausible is that?

On the other hand, one can "entertain the idea of believing in God."

Then one must account for Mozart and Shakespeare, the complexities of the universe, the complexities of my own psyche, the complexities of my body ("fearfully and wonderfully made" is an apt description), etc.

What is this God that can do all that? A God something greater than which the mind cannot conceive, perhaps?

Oh, but what about the problem of evil? Aye, there's the rub.

As for Jesus, you might try something like Introduction to Christianity by Josef Ratzinger, who currently goes by the handle Pope Emeritus or something, I forget. But that's rather a good book that's spends it's opening chapter addressing the issue of modern skepticism, with the kind of beautiful analysis and comprehension that's characteristic of Ratzinger, a world-class theologian.

On a rather different note, this passage from Macaulay comes to mind:

>There is not, and there never was on this earth, a work of human policy so well deserving of examination as the Roman Catholic Church. The history of that Church joins together the two great ages of human civilisation. No other institution is left standing which carries the mind back to the times when the smoke of sacrifice rose from the Pantheon, and when camelopards and tigers bounded in the Flavian amphitheatre. The proudest royal houses are but of yesterday, when compared with the line of the Supreme Pontiffs. That line we trace back in an unbroken series, from the Pope who crowned Napoleon in the nineteenth century to the Pope who crowned Pepin in the eighth; and far beyond the time of Pepin the august dynasty extends, till it is lost in the twilight of fable. The republic of Venice came next in antiquity. But the republic of Venice was modern when compared with the Papacy; and the republic of Venice is gone, and the Papacy remains. The Papacy remains, not in decay, not a mere antique, but full of life and youthful vigour. The Catholic Church is still sending forth to the farthest ends of the world missionaries as zealous as those who landed in Kent with Augustin, and still confronting hostile kings with the same spirit with which she confronted Attila. The number of her children is greater than in any former age.

He wrote that in 1840. Strangely, it's still true today. I guess the Catholic Church is just lucky, or it's survived because of the absence of any corruption in its members, eh?

Or maybe it's like one of the miracles in the New Testament, but one that's stretched out over 2000 years.

>catholic.com/tract/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth

I highly doubt it. Willing to bet money on it if there was a way to prove it.

I'm in my late 20's and I went through a phase similar to OP's between 14-17. I wasn't as much of a cunty faggot like him, but nonetheless.

Kids who constantly make such trivial, surfaced analysis of the Christian faith are usually kids who have been triggered by something in their own lives and have felt Christianity has failed them.

When they get older they either stop being edgy cunt lords and ignore it generally, start reading and or practicing in the rituals again or maintain their solitude and angst until they die a sore loser.

Literally look at the shit you're posting and tell me it's the expression of someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about. I agree with OP, spirituality I understand but believing in Christianity is hilarious, and this is coming from someone who went to catholic school for ten years, studied and read the Bible everyday along with praying in the morning, before lunch, end of day, before dinner and before bed on top of going to church twice a week with my family and once a month with my school. How anyone could believe in a specific religion after knowing just basic knowledge of history is beyond me

Christians: Immortality of the soul
Atheists: Technological singularity, San Junipero

Christians: we are all God's children
Atheists: "Secular Humanism"

Christians: The form of the good
Atheists: Utilitarianism & Non-aggression Principle

Listen up, brainless. Crack open a book someday and learn how a messiah cult in the desert became the greatest force for good the world has ever known. Until you know what you are talking about, I'm afraid that fedora is going to be staying on your head whether you want it there or not.

the idea of one religion out of tens of thousands being the one you choose and then being confident in your choice, you're gonna tell me the Billions of Muslims are simply wrong even though they have the same rationalization as yourself? Or Buddhist, or Pagans ect