Putrid cheese in your country

The most famous italian putrid cheese is casu marzu, a goat cheese with worms inside. Show putrid cheeses from your countries.

well at least it's not American cheese!

American plastic you mean?

>tfw casu marzu is actually one of the healtiest cheeses you cna eat
My grandma loved this thing, she also ate snails and sanguinaccio (pork blood mixed with chocolate). I hate those thing but it reminds of her :)

did she love to eat the worms as well?

Damn, what a woman.

Artison cheese. A cheese inoculated with cheese mites, the reason ripened mimolette is forbiden in the US. Not that putrid IMO tho.

i wouldn't call it putrid but for many its not enjoyable.

Of course.

what's so healthy about it?

Cheese monger here. You can get mimolette in the US now. I sell the 12 month aged version for instance.

You eat maggots
Maggots eat poop
Poop is bad
You're full of poop
Maggots eat the poop in you
You become healthy

less saturated fats
more bioavailability of calcium and other vitamins

>europeans eat LITERAL maggots
>americans eat a mixture of cheeses melted into one slice for convenience
hurr durr american cheese is shit guise

bester käse

Kys amerilard

I started eating it for the protein and the low price but I recently discovered that, if you let it warm up to room temperature it actually tastes delicious.

Is it imported? Is it raw? Does it have irregular crust? Does it have cheese mite on the crust?

You americans die earlier than europeans because your food is shit

No we die earlier because we sit around all day on our thrones of various types. Even our SUVs are just rolling thrones.

best cheese right here

thanks Mario

No shit. Only retards eat cold cheese.

*maggots not worms

I'm in Asia, and we don't do cheese here. Nastly stuff.

It's true that this cheese is banned in lots of countrys and the only way to get is through the black market?

OBSESSED

Why do they do this?

It's tradition. Sardinia is a weird place.

It looks beautiful. Are you Italian? I have visited Rome, Florence and Assisi. Would you recommend I check out Naples, Venice and Cagliari next?

So if I do this i never have to poop again?

It's banned inside the EU, you can only legally eat it where it's made - Sardinia island.
I am and I happen to live in Venice, which I really recommend you visit, but only if you stay out of the cattle path from the station to St Marks Square and go see the real city among the alleys. Naples is beautiful, but it's the kind of place where you need to watch your back, locals will try to fuck you over if they can, it's how they are. I don't like them. Cagliari is pretty unique, it has a mixture of architectural styles and monuments from different cultures all packed together. You can walk up a hill with a castle on it and get a breathtakingly beautiful view of the city and the sea

Yes. Although GP is inaccurate.

> Maggots eat the bowels you
> You become dead.

Obviously dead don't need to poop.

The maggots in casu marzu won't eat your internal organs dumbfuck. They'll get dissolved by stomach acid just like everything else you eat. And if you're worried about that you can just kill them beforehand, by putting the cheese inside a bag and cutting off the air. The maggots will jump out and make popping sounds as they hit the bag and die. This is called popping cheese.

Thank you I will keep that in mind the next time I visit.

why not just eat the maggots and skip the cheese then, you vermin

Upper-Styrian cheese, dry, nutty and very intense.
Its a typical easter cheese, in styria, the family gathers to eat "aufstrichplatte". Basicly its a big plate with many differnent spreads, cheeses and smoked easter meat

My grandpa makes his own, its fucking delicious

I think you might mean "infamous"