It takes me 4 hours to make dinner

I start by taking out the chicken and letting it settle at room temperature outside the fridge, then I remove the moisture with some papper towels and I salt it and let it rest for an additional 15 minutes
Meanwhile I'm chopping the vegetables and preparing everything else
I pantry the chicken on medium-low without overcrowding the pain for that nice crunchy layer in both sides
Meanwhile I wash the rice 4-6 times
I remove the chicken, lower the temperature and add the bell pepper and carrots first, I sweat them and then I add the garlic and ginger and onions
When the onion is nice and translucid I mix in two spoons of Curry paste plus the other ingredients, I let it simmer and I add the chicken slowly
I have to let it simmer for at least an hour and I serve it when the rice is ready

That's just an example, every single meal I make takes that long, I know you will tell me gg and become faster but the problem is I can't rush any step
At least I end up with a good 3 meals so I don't need to do this every time I want to eat but cooking for 4 hours every other day isn't normal, how do you guys manage?

We manage by not taking 4 hours to cook something.

Your methods are asinine. No need to wash the rice (at all) or do that weird shit with the chicken at the beginning. Also, simmering chicken for an extra hour, isn't that called "overcooked"? You could also do well to not cook the same damn thing erry day, that could help you out a bit.

sounds like this should only take two hours. most of the last hour is simmering so you don't need to be "busy" with it.

What you described sounds like 10-15 min of actual work. Except for leaving the chicken out (which is zero actual effort) I can't see how that process would take longer than about an hour and a half total. And that hour-and-a-half is mostly waiting on the hourlong simmering.

Anyway, browning the chicken before stewing it makes sense in a western-style stew, but it's pointless for curry. you can skip that entirely.

how?
lets say i want to make a stir fry, thats supposed tobe fast right?
i have to chop the veggies, wash the rice and reduce the chicken stock
then i have to repeat the same process for the chicken
then i have to cook the whole thing wich takes another hour unless i want to burn the carrots or overcook thebell peppers
thats not 4 hours but its 3 hours easy

I rinse my rice and put it in a bowl to soak in the fridge the night before or that morning, depending. I turn my sous vide circulator on on my way home from work and when I get home I immediately salt, pepper, rosemary my chicken, bag it, and drop it in the water. After that I prep my veggies/garlic, toss them all into a big bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and misc seasonings and put all that into the convection oven which was preheating as the veggies were being prepped. If chicken finishes first I wait for the veggies to finish before preheating the cast iron pan and patting the chicken dry to give it a quick sear on both sides. If the veggies finish first let them sit in the oven with the heat turned off and finish the chicken. The rice was cooked in a rice cooker while everything else was cooking. That's how I would do your meal. Probably not as good but good enough, especially for a weeknight. If you think you're taking too much time why don't you chop your vegetables in advance?

its not that im "busy" but hwenever i have people over they start complaining because its taking too long and they either snack on shit nad are full before iserve dinner or they force me to rush things
i need to wash the rice because i use super starchy rice and if i dont it becomes risotto

if i dont then the chicken doesnt have any flavour

>onion
>nice and translucid

>>stir fry
3 min to wash rice, stick rice in the rice cooker and let it do its thing.
2 min to chop the veggies
2 min to cut up the chicken
2 min to wash hands after touching raw foods
2 min to heat up a skillet really fucking hot
2 min to do the actual stir-fry cooking
Less than 15 min easy.

>>Reduce the chicken stock
what kind of silly ass recipe are you following? And if you do like that weird recipe for some reason, then why not just use stock concentrate like "better than bullion" or pre-reduce your stock and store it frozen in ice cube trays?

Chop veggies- 5 to 10 minutes
Cook veggies- 10 minutes
Cook chicken- 10 minutes in already cut into pieces or 30 minutes if whole
The rice should have been started and left on the backburner to finish. Getting the rice started should take however long it takes to get the water boiling
This is an hour of work at most. I think you have issues

No, it' not. I do a stir fry every sunday and it literally takes me less than an hour:

>start making the rice at 3:00
>while thats simmering, cook two chicken breasts, about 5-15 minutes, then cut up the chicken and set it aside in tubberware
>heres where you cut up veggies if applicable, but I usually just add frozen peas or broccoli
>3:45, add the rice to a pan of hot oil, add the chicken, peas, sauce, and spices
>mix up and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the rice has formed a crust
>4:00, eat

See, it's fuckin simple. You have to learn to multitask brother.

I still don't knoew why you are wasting time washing your rice.

That's what your curry seasonings are for, user. Curry is supposed to taste like aromatic veggies and spices, not like Euro roast chicken.

its a lot of veggies to chop and i have to let the chicken settle and cook it slowly like with the curry
also i need like 3 different plates to separate the chopped veggies so they dont mix and i need to mmake room for them because my appartment is so tiny
i need an hour of prep work at least before i get to stir fry

>cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes
Why are you giving advice on stir-frying when you clearly don't have any fucking clue how to actually cook a stir-fry?

Try really fucking high heat, and if it's taking you longer than 2 min you're doing something wrong.

its too starchy
first two or three washes are fast and easy buut i really need to dig into it if i want to get rid of the starch and have it come out really fluffy

Took me about an hour last night. Trick is to time things so you can do multiple dishes at once.

> Roasted potatoes

Washed and made some big slab-slices of a sweet potato and a red garnet yam, put those along with a couple carrots into a covered glass dish, drizzled with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, a little cumin, and salt, placed a few garlic cloves, baked at 400 until soft, flipped and baked with the cover off until it started to brown.

> Pasta

While the oven was preheating, I chopped some ovens and waited for a pan and pot of water to heat up medium-low on the stove. When the oven was preheated, I put the roasted potato dish in the oven, then oiled the pan and put the onions in. I covered the pan with a lid to prevent burning, stirring occasionally, until they had just started to brown, which was about halfway through cooking the potatoes.

Then I added pasta to the now boiling water, and in the pan I stirred a little flour to soak up the oil, making a light roux. I turned the heat up a little and added a splash of soy-milk, a little at a time, whisking it in to make basically an unblended soubise. To that I added about 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch (which, when cooked, makes it gooey and stretchy like melted cheese), and seasoned with lactic acid powder, white miso paste, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt.

I stirred the sauce and the noodles occasionally until the tapioca starch was cooked, then set to low until the noodles were cooked. When the noodles were done, I drained and folded in the sauce, and plated together with the roast potatoes.

> Snack

While waiting for stuff to preheat/cook/brown/etc I snacked on some okara-based crab-cake like things and some hummus

* chopped some onions

>heres how you do it faster
>but i need to do it slower

You are hopeless. Have fun being a shitty cook.

Then get different rice, stop being so autistic about the texture of your rice, or keep taking 4 hours to cook your damn dinner dude.

How the fuck do you wash your rice that it takes more than 5-10 minutes?
Put rice in pot. Fill with water. Stir with hand for 5-10 seconds. If water is opaque then cup hand on pot and pour it out. Continue. I take three minutes if I'm being autistic and showing off and my poo friend can do the entire process with a continuous stream of water in a minute.

nice trole

use a steamer

>also i need like 3 different plates
This should have zero impact on cooking time

>to separate the chopped veggies so they dont mix
It's a curry, stop being a faggot

>and i need to mmake room for them because my appartment is so tiny
Again, zero impact to cook time.

If you need to watch the curry simmer (or settle the chicken for some reason), consider making 1 or 2 other dishes in parallel. I do this and only have to cook twice a week max (shit like boiling noodles doesn't really count as cooking).

you do know that food is no longer safe to eat after 4 days right?

you do know that you're a fucking moron right?

chopping a big bell pepper, 2 medium onions, 2 zucchini, half a big carrot and mincing garlic and ginger its going to take a while just because its a lot

First, you lie that you can make it in less than 15 minutes
Second, boullion faggots have no right to give anyone advice.