He fell for the 'MSG is bad boogeyman'

>he fell for the 'MSG is bad boogeyman'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZGGh_GcD3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not a lazyass who is willing to substitute a petrochemical derived in a lab containing undisclosed byproducts that do who knows what to us in 15 years of steady use for cooking with ingredients that naturally contain umami substances. Stop being a lazyass and learn to cook with real ingredients.

>a petrochemical derived in a lab
um, nice buzzwords, but glutamate is a naturally derived biochemical. Its analogous to salt as far as food flavoring goes, its no more or less lazy than using salt

>s that do who knows what to us
we know, it does nothing besides its normal dietary content, it is actually a basic amino acid, one of the primary building blocks of proteins and your body uses it as it would other protein sources, also not it is already in most food regardless of whether you add it, so if its effects are actually mysterious and scary you should probably stop eating in general

Can you believe that some people add salt to their food?? It's a CHEMICAL for god's sake

>this whole fucking post
I would tell you to hang yourself, but all the cheeto dust in your neckbeard will eventually dry up and crust over solid, causing you to slowly suffocate to death as you keep getting fatter

why are women afraid of harmless chemicals, and anything that sounds "unnatural"

I bought some but i haven't used it cause idk what the fuck to use it for.

IKR salt is also found in the ocean, thats where fishes swim and the mafia dump dead bodies!

FDA and USDA do not require disclosure of hazardous chemicals produced in food products during their manufacture. That's why it took dedicated scientists to reengineer roundup to identify the carcinogenic properties since the only listed ingredient, glyphosate, appeared safe if (a big if) used properly. The same is likely true of all these industrial additives like petrochemically derived MSG, otherwise why wouldn't they welcome full disclosure of their ingredients? You can trust your friendly neighborhood chemical conglomerate to justify being a lazyass cook, but I think I'll take a pass and learn to actually combine real ingredients for flavor.

How does MSG actually improve flavor? I've never understood this.

but MSG is not a petrochemical
>otherwise why wouldn't they welcome full disclosure of their ingredients
They do disclose ingredients. You are complaining about the government not requiring the disclosure of things that are not even ingredients

Its like salt, it is chemical that our tongues evolved to detect because of in this case its correlation with hearty, meaty food which was very important to eat. Glutamate is one of the most common amino acids so it is common in any food that is high in protein which your body needs

Its actually essentially why adding grated hard cheese to food often makes things taste better, because glutamate is especially concentrated in cheese (moreso in harder cheese as harder cheese has less water)

basically our brains and tongues evolved so that we would perceive things that are important for survival, or at least are strongly correlated with things that are, as tasting good. In the modern day some of those things (sugar) have become extremely plentiful so we get too much, but this was a condition essentially never encountered by humanity during the vast majority of our evolution so it leads to a few problems, but there is no evidence that consuming high amounts of MSG has any negative impact on humans

>Accent
>not based Aji No Moto
I also started calling it "savory salt" when I'm cooking for others so nobody gets triggered.

>60% less sodium than salt
wot

isn't salt and sodium the same fucking thing

I have MSG and used it on burgers, fries, and ramen with green onion and tofu

>components of food or food additives aren't ingredients

Any other words of wisdom? Just how far into the chemical industry pockets do you have to be to support their nefarious ways?

did you know that when you distill seawater you make dihydrogen monoxide, a very corrosive solvent

No you stupid piece of shit.

Table salt, i.e., NaCl is 39% sodium by mass. Monosodium glutamate, i.e., C5H8NO4Na is only 13% sodium by mass.

things that are used in the processing of the ingredients and are not present in the food are not ingredients, hence why meat doesn't have to be labelled with every food the animal ate, or plants with every fertilizer used in the field

so wait, doesn't that already make salt 60% less sodium than itself

yeah, don't eat pure sodium, it will literally make your head explode

I guess so, but that would also make MSG 90% less sodium than itself.

>lazyass
same faggot that always posts this shit, always says lazyass. good to know there's only one of you retards.

>adding MSG to homemade tomato soup

Where can I buy it? I never really looked, would it be with the Asian stuff

You can find at pretty much any chink food store ever, and it's cheap.

I asked for MSG at Trader Joe's once. She gave me the biggest bitch face ever and said "no" in the smuggest voice I've ever heard.

you are so fucking stupid
i can't read the shit you are typing and even begin to understand what daily life must be like for you

Demonstration
youtube.com/watch?v=OZGGh_GcD3o

>lab
LOL Mono-sodium glutamate is found naturally in stuff, the same with glutan and nitrates and nitrites faggot

that's what you get for asking people for help
especially at a trader fucking joe's

Unironically would have been better if he just put in general midi music instead of these generic almost-midi tracks.

oooooh mommy :)

>this level of projection

very sad desu

UMA MI DELICIA