How come Under the Volcano isn't in Veeky Forums's top 100?

How come Under the Volcano isn't in Veeky Forums's top 100?

It's shite

It is

It's in a couple of them

because its really good

The first few chapters are boring as fuck and most people put the book down.

Only the last three chapters are good.

I will end your life faggot
How would you like to be shot and thrown in a ditch?

because Veeky Forums is shit.

>IJ falling from #1 to #42 this quickly

Veeky Forums you are a fickle, memeing mistress.

The consuls brother is kinda dull.

maybe Veeky Forums finally got some taste

>people still haven't learned this is a fake list

Dooesn't the absence of voting counts throw you off?

>
Not a bad list, but the bad part is they're the only books you see on Veeky Forums

i have literally never 1/3 of these books on Veeky Forums

Sounds like the Recognitions.

A part of that book that really touched me is when early on the french guy briefly talks about his relationship with the consuls brother. And that even before knowing the consul, his brother or the french guy.

Great book, top 3 reads for me of the year so far

Where did catch 22 go? Did all of lit turn into boring cunts?

>no voting counts at all

Yeah this shitty list seems legit.

What was the point of the loud american in the beginning? (When the consul is the bar and his wife arrives.)

2015 chart had no vote counts either

every chart except maybe the first one gets ballot stuffed anyway

F A K E

Has to be a fraud for many reasons. One of which is that V. has been heavily represented since January, and doesn't appear at all. Forger's oversight. I could list many other instances (Wake #6-- really?) but it's not my job.

theres barely any V discussion here what are you talking about

Man, I lost my copy and can't find a free ebook copy of it anywhere. I haven't had a chance to read it for quite some time, but I want to finish it. It's really good. I tried to get my grandpa to try reading it because he loves Hemmingway, and thematically it's very similar, but he was put off by the first few chapters and the prose.

You guys are pathetic

>Where did catch 22 go? Did all of lit turn into boring cunts?

I feel like writers such as Henry James are oddly neglected on this board. Is he not memey enough or something?

>Is he not memey enough or something?
Yeah, also not enough cowboys, edgy speeches, and parataxis abuse.

Why is the trial there? Thought it was amazing the first time I read it but then went back and re read it and it was terrible.

Even as I think of this its an amazing book but not super helpful on the answers front

He uses a lot of semi-colons. He also constantly reconsiders his thoughts and clauses- sometimes multiple times in the same sentence. He could be semi-colon guy. That's something right? We could also deliberately misinterpret 'A Portrait of a Lady' as the book where roasties are btfo

god Veeky Forums has such a hard on for Joyce
what is wrong with you people

They like to pretend that they understand it

I've been posting James the heads every so often for a little over a year now trying to get more people here to read him with no luck. More people read Arno Schmidt (not that he's a bad writer, just comparatively obscure)

Because like the top 100 itself, no one on lit has actually read it.

I had the feeling that all the the main characters knew that the consul was doomed from the start, including the consul. And that they were all just playing pretend.

I didn't like it.

Um What? The first three quarters were the best of the book..kys

Far more than usual since January, thread up now, reading group starting in August, etc. Compare to Nabokov's Invitation to a Beheading, in the 60's, for instance, which somehow made the list....

I can't get passed the first thirty pages or so, it's just a snooze fest.

It's great but it's also boring. Wouldn't quite like rereading it