Is there anything more obnoxious than hipsters who act like kale isn't disgusting?

Is there anything more obnoxious than hipsters who act like kale isn't disgusting?

Other urls found in this thread:

thespruce.com/gruenkohl-pinkel-kale-kale-sausage-recipe-1447074
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're too young to remember that it's actual use is covering the ice in the Pizza Hut salad bar

>disgusting
It's not particularly good but if you can't eat it, you have the palate of a 5 year old child and need to get off my board.

>posted from my iPhone

I understand being skeptical about fads but it's just a leafy green, nothing to be afraid of. People have been eating it for millenia.

If you think you don't like it, I suggest you try lacinato kale instead of curly kale. Prepare it properly and it's delicious.

baby kale in salad is nice.

Looks fucking nasty

Do you like any greens? Chard, collards, spinach, arugula? Kale isn't all that different.

Sprinkle coarse salt on kale and scrunch it until the kale is dark green and smells fragrant; this will make it soft enough to eat raw in a salad.

I've never heard of any of those except spinach. Chard? Is that for the chads?

You don't deserve a (You)

Kale is really good though, really easy to grow too
How have you not eaten any of those?

Chard is like a really dumb chad

Yeah, people who don’t know how to prepare it properly

No

That they did. "Hey kid! Don't eat that shit! It's decorative garbage!"

Pizza Hut and their questionable use of vegetation aside, kale is delicious! It does take some getting used to though. Good for you, too.

>Is there anything more obnoxious than hipsters who act like kale isn't disgusting?
Sure is.
People who make threads on pol about food they attribute to political affiliations on a cooking board because their brain is so inundated with dogma that they cannot compartmentalize their political leanings anymore.

Kill yourself OP.

People who make threads on Veeky Forums*

This. All of a sudden retards are treating food like it's some indicator of your political beliefs.

I don't care if hipsters like kale, sriracha, avocado, etc, I'll still eat them because I like them instead of narrowing my food options down to anything contrarian to the "hipster culture" in an attempt to gain a sense of belonging to an internet community.

t. big boy who needs his tendies and choco milk

shut the fuck up faggot

>I literally can't ever stop thinking about /pol/

Jesus christ. It's a basic fact that, in America, kale is more popular with urbanites and people on the coasts.

I don't know who to believe

>tfw knew about kale for over a decade before it was the hip thing
>used to feed it to my tortoise,iguana,and beerdie
>now i grow my own kale

>off MY board
now who's the child

raw kale is literally poisonous

i get kale when i'ts cheap
it's the trend what made it expensive

Equal calorie calculations are ridiculous. It's like comparing eating 10 pounds of kale or parsley to half pound of, say, fish or bananas. Obviously first is impossible, while second is easily achievable. So when you come back from math fantasy to reality, you'll see that you can only eat a little of leafy vegetables, and it can barely even be considered to make any noticeable contribution to an everyday diet. Like, you normally add a tiny leaf of parsley into your dish. That would be like 0.00001 of each nutrient.

Haven't had it in forever but kale is so good. I tend to eat it raw or something close to raw but man it has such an awesome texture. Used to love cutting it up and putting it into soups as something to crunch on.

Did you try cooking the food first?

Kale is still cheap where I am. A decent sized bundle is less than a dollar. Its great. I make soup with it.

I don't get the hate, it's just fancy cabbage tastes alright steamed and covered in garlic butter as a aside for a roast or something. Black cabbage is great but you don't hear half as much bad shit about it that you do kale which is virtually the same shit.

i make deep fried kale

healthy my ass HAW

Kale makes great soup with a bit (or a lot) of ham stock.

I genuinely like it in soups and baked until it's crispy. But raw it's bitter and gross. I feel like if you've only tasted kale raw then you can't say that you don't like it.

It's delicious in soups and also super good for you

Tastelets, when will they learn.

DELET
KALE IS CUTE

Hipsters putting arugula on pizza

You should prepare Kale this way:

thespruce.com/gruenkohl-pinkel-kale-kale-sausage-recipe-1447074

Note the information on Pinkel is wrong. Pinkel and Bregenwurst are different types of sausage:
Pinkel is made from bacon, grits of oats or barley, beef tallow, lard, onions, salt, pepper and other spices and is eaten in northwest Germany especially in the area around Oldenburg and Bremen as well as in Friesland. Bregenwurst is made from lean pork and is smoked. She used to contain pork brain. It is more likely to be eaten in the more eastern areas of northern Germany (around Hanover and Braunschweig for example).

Cook it for a long time with onions + stock + bacon/salt pork, like any other greens, and it will taste acceptable. But kale is indeed the worst kind of greens.

>He doesnt have pounds of leafy greens for lunch and dinner

>DELET
Already done

Raw kale? yeah, it's hard to digest i think. cook it bitch

General ranking:
Spinach>Turnip greens>Mustard greens>Kale

It's good but not any better than other greens. I usually only eat it when I get it for free from my dad's garden. Mustard greens are cheaper so I get those instead.

>.t hipster numale

Food is often an indicator. If someone has little to no fruit in their home, they're more likely to lean right.

Kale is great if you toss it in olive oil salt, pepper and put it in the oven for 20 minutes on 250 F no more. Makes them crispy

You strike me as the kind of person that memedrops in real life.

Nah, fuck you mate
Make this and thank me later

Looks nom. I like kale in my veggie soup. Fuck the haters
Fuck ALL the haters
Machines Within

>memedrops in real life

If I ever heard someone do that while talking to me I'd lol, do a 360 and walk away shaking my head.

gibs me pls

bake it

My bun fucking loves kale, and I'm pretty sure she isn't a hipster.

Does she like mustard greens?

It's actually ok if you cook it into mush.

Just don't use it for hipster smoothies.
No amount of self conviction will make it tasty

Do you live in Wyoming or something?

Make kale, sriracha and rice wraps. You're welcome.

>My bun