What's your guys favorite type of steak? How do you cook your steaks...

What's your guys favorite type of steak? How do you cook your steaks? I'm kind of cooking illiterate and I want to try and learn how to properly cook a steak, would like to know what you guys do to get it how you like it.

well done

Prime Rib eye, pan seared with salt and pepper and finished in the oven. Let it rest with some herb butter melting on top for a bit. Medium rare.

spotted the conservacuck

medium rare bone-in new york strip, cooked exactly like describes

A local place does a really good filet mignon au poivre, but that isn't something I've yet tried to do myself, though it doesn't seem like it would be hard.
Best meal I've made was a simple grilled filet paired with roasted potato and grilled asparagus. For the steak I just rubbed it with some olive oil and gave it a light treatment with salt and pepper, had it on the grill for 3 or so minutes, rotated 30 degrees, waited another three minutes, flipped, and repeat. Came out on the blueish side of rare, but that's just to my tastes.
Overall, regardless of the cut, I think grilling is the best way to go. It's simple and has great results. Alternatively, I've done a few in cast iron, which isn't bad either.

Bone in Rib Eye medium rare. Do it on low and slow in the oven until I'm happy with the internal temp then sear it in a pan with some butter then rest.

I like a filet, Pittsburgh'd. Served with a pad of butter or sometimes bernaise sauce. On occasion I've been known to eat some of the cheaper cuts with [spoiler]ketchup[/spoiler]

10 rubles have been deposited in your account, comrade.

boiled in milk with extra jellybeans

>implying Russians aren't extremely conservative retards who overcook meat

10 rubles have been deposited into your account, comrade.

Every time I've had ribeye, it's had so much chewy fat that it's hard for me to enjoy. Not sure if it's been poorly prepared or what, it's considered the best steak for a reason I'm sure, but I don't think eating a bunch of chewy fat is popular

I really really enjoy marinated skirt/flank steak though, and any other cut besides ribeye is great for me too

I think if I ground up a ribeye steak and made burgers it would probably be delicious because all the fat would make for good flavor but it wouldn't have that nasty chewy texture

Russians are fucking dumb, and so are you.

I'm partial to Chuck steaks. Tastes like ribeye, but way cheeper

10 rubles have been deposited into your account comrade

I let the steak warm up to room temp for an hour or two. Then I heat up a steel pan over a big fire until its REALLY hot. Like if you flick water onto the pan it'll instantly evaporate and vanish. I liberally coat both sides of the steak with coarse salt (not VERY coarse) along with coarsely-ground black pepper. Immediately put the steak onto the pan and keep it on there until one side is dark brown, then flip with tongs. Wait until the other side is dark brown. Then, if its a thick steak, i pick up the steak and hold it vertically against the pan and slide it around, so that the sides get some direct heat and can get browned. An added benefit of doing this is that any burnt-on salt/pepper/steakjuice will get transfered back onto the sides of the steak. Then a few more seconds on one of the sides, and then onto a plate. The entire process takes around 5-7 minutes and results in a rare steak.

I make the best steak in the world. I'm a literally who and I guarantee that you can only ever hope to make steak AS good as I can, but not better.

the secret to ribeye is to make it well done

I am not much of a fan of steak for the most part, been years since I have had one, but I have been noticing at restaurants there is a growing trend to serve the steak already cutup? Whats up with that and why do they still bring the customer a steak knife?

How bout you stop burning your pepper there little guy. It goes on after.

I literally just told you that I make the best steak in the world. Whose opinion do you think is more valid?

Where Do you live to have a population of manchilds that cant Enjoy cutting a piece of meat?

I hate ribeye. Nothing to eat, just fat.

yours

I just put my porterhouse cut into the microwave and put it on high. After long enough (I like it well done) i put on white pepper on it and ketchup. I usually eat it with a side of julienned carrots soaked in lemon and honey, and slices of beetroot in fruit salad. Or maybe some tater tots.

>New York strip

Found the retard

ny strip, as it's objectively the best cut of steak
sous vide
finished in cast iron

Thank you