He didn't go to Oxbridge or top 3 ivy league university

>he didn't go to Oxbridge or top 3 ivy league university
>he thinks reading books at home or on a commute compare to reading the books in an intellectually edifying environment where you have your critiques torn to shreds by world class academics
>he thinks he can have worthwhile career opportunities when committees, networking opportunities, public respect OVERWHELMINGLY goes towards alumni of the top few institutions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep reading Seneca on the conmute (LMAO) surrounded by single mothers and street sweepers. I'm sure it's really enlightening. And I'm sure your low prestige wagecuck job surrounded by third tier graduates and career plodders is so much more "real and fulfilling" than working in Silicon Valley / Wall Street / City of London / top universities.

Do you go to a top 3 university?

>prestige

why do I need to work in finance or tech? both are boring.

>graduate from state school, low tier
>get job in administration and marketing
>bear sterns hits
>interview tons of lawyers and mbas with ivy credentials
>"sorry, you are overqualified"
>occasionally told to hire some schmuck by my boss because he has a good voice
>put him on the phones doing cold calls
>walks out after a week with no commission and 300 bucks.

Does Veeky Forums count as an intellectually edifying environment where you have your critiques torn to shreds by world class academics?

Because those two are amongst the best fields to make your boss richer by working as an officedrone.

>(((Elite))) education

Yeah no thanks Schlomo

>muh career opportunities
>falling for the career meme

Enjoy being a slightly better compensated wagecuck

Given the state of Academia today, yeah

>go to unranked state school
>declare for STEM
>graduate with EE degree
>get job 2 months after graduating making $100K right out the gate

litrally loling at this thread, tell me more about the ivy league meme

ugh, that sounds even more boring!

>he's a chantard

>tfw you will never make fun of lower class plebs with your fellow Etonians

Wer immer strebend sich bemüht...

>tfw poor
>tfw will always be poor
>one chance at life
>poor
Fuck you, OP.

This is true to some degree.

I work in London and the lives of the privately educated people I meet (£35,000 a year schools) are surreal to me.

They need never fear unemployment. If they're unmarried / single they can easily be set up with someone from their own background. They have friends who are well-known actors, top businessmen, and other high-paying and high-prestige jobs.

It's contributed to my conviction that human society is largely a disgusting and very rigged system and that love is just a codeword for a socio-economic sorting ritual.

I fell for a posh Oxbridge graduate who seemed to be interested in me for a while. Who did she end up with? A wealthy Jew who has lived and will continue to live life on Easy Mode.

>go to top tier university then top tier law school
>get paid shit loads of money to exploit poorfags
>get any desperate 25+ pussy I want
p comfy :3

Is working for these elite institutions really fulfilling? Working like a monkey as a junior analyst for some bank at the city sounds real nice. And it's not like they look really happy when they hit 50. So can anyone redpill me on this meme? I might be mocking them because I'm some random loser who's struggling to accept that he's a failure.

>implying anyone cares about your undergrad
>implying it's not grad school that matters
Found the dilettante.

>I fell for a posh Oxbridge graduate who seemed to be interested in me for a while. Who did she end up with? A wealthy Jew

I wonder why. ur not exactly adjusted user

Daily reminder even Stanford only cost 18000$ per 3 years of tuition in the 1980ies.

Shit got too competitive to allow space for genius.

The age of ivy is over. The age of the autodidacts has come.

I literally can't express how much better my life has been since I attended Oxford. I went to a state school and gradually became the stereotypical moody, withdrawn sensitive type who both despises the quality of his immediate culture and feels a weird pride for having been raised in a sort of anti-intellectual and brutal environment. I was all set to take my Russell Group humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on Veeky Forums and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the university I attended (if only for a year) and they immediately begin to hunch and look at their feet because they know they are in the presence of greatness.

>get any desperate 25+ pussy I want

Ew, enjoy your used up roasties

Finance isn't even good for that.

I feel sorry for Finance grads because they arguably worked harder for their degree than I did, but only get burn-out jobs, if any jobs at all.

Engineering is where it is at if you want to earn money for early retirement and come home to do some comfy reading.

>He thinks that young upper-class kids bother with grad school like those nerds do

Theres nothing wrong with an MBA tbqh.
If you go to an /elite/ school it's a super well paying and rewarding field.

Has returned my friend. We have always been what the world turned on

Of course I'm not, far from it. But the fact is this one example is by no means an outlier, it's entirely the normal thing to do for people from this background.

They go to school with each other.
They go to university with each other.
They work with each other.
They form "networks" with each other.
They breed with each other.

And thus the cycle is perpetuated. It's quite fitting really, as their behavior is typical of the way Jews behave.

It has been like that since the dawn of time, 'love' is just a Hollywood fake thing that they tell you for profit. Men are providers and women will flock to the better ones.

engineering is boring

You're mistaking correlation with causation. The fact the sort of priviledged urchins that go to ivy league MBA schools do well doesn't mean it has anything to do with the spooky horseshit they're thought

wowe so bitter. r u trying to be forever alone? or just a savant?

This is actually good. This creates an upper class of top genetics wealthy Überhumans and a lower class of shit genetics low-wealth subhumans.

In reality this socio-economic sorting doesn't work at all as well as you described. In reality most people will never find the correct match and their children, if they will ahve any, will be a bit messier in their heads than the previous generation. Maybe the system would work if divorce was less encouraged by society and lawmaker.

You can't even get into the best ivy league schools these days unless your parents went there, you're black/latino, or you're some kind of one in a million genius. You can get perfect grades in high school, ace the SAT/ACT, have well-rounded curriculars, and still get rejected from Harvard or Yale.

I realized this as well, but a job is a job. If you work in a field that you love, for example concept artist for some video game studio, you'll end up hating your hobby.

Better work on some boring engineering, take pride that you are employed because of your brain alone, take the money home and use the relative freedom a decent job gives you to enjoy your hobbies and studies without guilt.

Whether or not I'm alone for life is beside the point. If I am, I am. The point is that British society is something we should wet our pants for whenever we have the opportunity to is entirely absurd. Both the Jews and those privately educated at top schools (the Anglo Jews) have rigged this society in their favour. I have worked intimately with dozens of these people, and though their politics may vary to degrees, the fact is they are entirely ignorant (willingly or otherwise) to the reality of British life as it is lived by the majority of people. One of the reasons I admire Adolf Hitler as much as I do is that he was almost obsessive about the issue of tearing down the pretensions and class barriers in Germany that allowed the degenerate, sated upper class to live in luxury while those of Adolf's background suffered in poverty and misery.

>If you work in a field that you love you'll end up hating your hobby.

that's absurd.

Again, I agree to an extent in the sense that I am an elitist in the style of John Stuart Mill etc. However, if you actually spent extended periods of time with these people you'd realize that style, virtue and distinction are by no means inherited traits for the most part. I'm talking about people who did poorly in their overpriced schools, did poorly in the university they barely earned the grades to enter, fucked around for a while after graduating yet by the age of 27 are in a job that will allow them to earn twice the national average wage by the age of 35. They are loud, dim-witted, pretentious, close-minded, hypocritical, ill-mannered and much more yet they are allowed to succeed despite these things due to their upbringing and family background.

lol a tru savant. u dont even know what the point is anymore

hm!

Wtf I love UC Berkely now!

I agree about Jews. Only recently have my eyes truly been opened to the question. And I have reached the conclusion that the Jews are a tribe of nepotistic rats who frankly deserve much of the so-called oppression they have suffered throughout history.

>Born rich, guaranteed to be rich
>Never does anything too hard
Really pickles my dickle

Really? Everyone hates some aspects of their job, no matter who much they like it, but I know people who are still very passionate about their careers, especially those with artistic/academic jobs. Having a boring 40 to 60 hour job a week leaves you exhausted after a couple of years and drains you of your energy. I understand your point, but do you really think you can devote yourself to your studies when you arrive home at 6pm, you're tired, and must go to bed early for work tomorrow? Maybe you could, but as a low-energy person, I sure as hell couldn't. My shitty part-time job exhausts me mentally enough. I want a job with at least a minimum of mental stimulation because I think that spending the majority of my day waiting to go home is a miserable existence.

It isn't merely a coincidence that they have been hated and persecuted in nearly every foreign society they've ever existed in.

You're entirely correct and the other user is another fucking retard who posts shit like this all the time on Veeky Forums

The fact is barely any writers of renown have written anything worthwhile while working a full-time job, not least one they enjoyed.

just don't work so hard then. srsly, ppl think being semi-retired or neet would be so great but they'll end up jus wasting time. life's not that hard. earn enough to live and have fun. jeez

I agree. They truly are a despicable race of easily offended, virtueless parasites whose sole aim, it seems, is to promote degeneracy and acquire as much power and wealth as they can before their host country remembers its national identity and kicks them out.

How does one even become a full-time writer? There are no guarantees you get any money from it,except if you already published something. The only way is to work a well-paying job so you can save up for early retirement and work on your writing skills when you get home.

There is no other way. Don't tell me journalism prepares for writing. Journalists become writers despite their job.

Eh, I can't say I care much about the prestige of attending some specific college. Most all of my professors were Ivy and MIT honor grads anyway.

That said, if I could have attended anywhere it would have been Yale for no other reason than the university's architecture.

>before their host country remembers its national identity and kicks them out.

Or failing that, as it did in Rome and Byzantium, it collapses

You get born to the upper class so you don't have to work and can work on your craft. Like most writers in history

While I do know that these institutions transform even the greatest young people into the scum of the earth, I am still incredibly jealous of those that attend them.

I think about it so frequently that it borders on obsession.

>The fact is barely any writers of renown have written anything worthwhile while working a full-time job, not least one they enjoyed.

nearly all writers have had daytime gigs. from carlyle to goethe to dfw.

>oup humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on Veeky Forums and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the u

7/10 pasta

what are ur top 5 book recs

thank u o bountiful beautiful master

Well it's either that or you live like a homeless person who depends on friends to get by.

I don't know about Denmark but Sweden is certainly a Jewocracy:

Percentage of population?
2%

Who owns the largest publishing house?
Jews

Who owns several of the largest newspapers?
Jews

Who owns the largest television station?
Jews

Who is head of the largest bank?
Jews

Who is head of the Swedish film institute?
Jews

Who have most of the editors for the largest literary / cultural magazine been?
Jews

Who owns the largest TV / Radio production company?
Jews

Who owns the largest consumer lifestyle magazine?
Jews

Who owns the largest Swedish newswire?
Jews

Who is the Swedish diplomat in the USA?
Jew

Who is the chairman of the Swedish author's association?
Jew

That's only scratching the surface.

Makes you wonder how 0.2% (20,000) of the population could hold so much power. It's strange also how so many are related either through blood or relation. A true mystery.

Not surprised at all that the person advocating for an über nanny (daddy?) state is a woman.

This is true for any Western country, though.

1. Sell-out and become a PR-friendly "nice guy" who shills garbage for money.

2. Scrape a living writing good stuff but spending most of your time giving speeches, teaching small workshops, attending literary festivals etc to sell your book

Oh wait you weren't seriously asking.

DFW, you FUCKING retard, barely ever worked a full-time job in his life. Here is his career history:

>Age 20: drives a schoolbus for a few weeks having taken a semester away from college

>Age 26: teaches creative writing part-time for a few semesters at Amherst

Age ~28: spends a week working as a security guard while living at Jamaica House halfway house before quitting due to weariness

Age ~28: spends a week working at a spa / country club before quitting because he saw a rival writer visiting there

Age 30-~38: writes freelance for magazines a few times a year

Age: 38 - death: teaches part-time at Pomona College and other colleges but takes entire years out and whole semesters to focus on his own work

You're fucking stupid if you think DFW represents the "working writer"

and you're a naif if you think he never put in his time. "few weeks" "a week" "a day" lol. then again must suck knowing all these writers got it done while working and you can't.

>Oh wait you weren't seriously asking.
Indeed I wasn't, because my idea of it makes more sense. Write next to a job. You can still "attending literary festivals etc to sell your book".

You're just a dumb fucking irritating troll kid.

Learn to actually stand for something in life. Learn to actually know what the fuck you're talking about.

You are everything wrong with nu-Veeky Forums, you fucking ball-less child.

>mfw I'm still unemployed a year after graduation from Oxford

Shit's tough mate. The grass is always greener on the other side, but once you get there you realize live is still shit.

NAME ONE FUCKING WELL-KNOWN AUTHOR PUBLISHED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS WHO WROTE WHILE WORKING FULL-TIME IN A JOB THEY HATED

NAME ONE FUCKING AUTHOR YOU STUPID IGNORANT PIECE OF SHIT

I FUCKING HATE YOU STUPID NORMIE STEM FAGS SO MUCH

YOU LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE REASON HITLER EXISTED AND HATED HIS DAD SO MUCH

YOU ARE THE DUMB, DIM-WITTED FATHER OF A LITERARY GENIUS AND NOTHING MORE

YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID

I don't believe this.

Did you graduate Gender Studies?

What secondary school did you go to?

>Learn to actually stand for something in life.

lol. so sad.

I studied international relations in combination with French and German, all in order to get a job in foreign policy consultancy / diplomacy related fields. But even with a degree from Oxford, I can't even get an internship without knowing the right people.

Let me guess, you have no connections?

>write like this
>call me IGNORANT PIECE OF SHIT

pssssht, nothing personell, kid. Good luck with your writing career, you'll need it.

Ouch. You chose one of the most connection-based fields, you made a dumb move. Do you still hope to get a job in your field or will you just settle to become a low-level civil servant?

I'm going to keep trying, and otherwise I'll probably end up in academia teaching some political science related subject.

>become a low-level civil servant?

sounds nice

If you are a manchild with no ambition, maybe.

Uh, the job market in academia is also cutthroat, do expect you'll just get offered a nice teaching job at a uni just because you have a bachelor's in international relations?

Try HR positions in multinational companies.

or you know, well adjusted.

Not really. I know it's really difficult as the spots are limited. But I do have 2 master's degrees and 4 degrees in languages other than my mother-tongue. Also, I'm willing to work abroad so any top-100 university in Europe, Australian, or North America is good enough for me.

This actually is a good idea, I haven't considered those positions yet as I'm not that interested in corporate positions. Thanks for the advice.

>any top-100 university in Europe, Australian, or North America is good enough for me
do you know fucking anything

Well that's what happens to most people who pick a meme major, they end up getting a meme corporate job, most likely in HR.

I wouldn't call ambassadors or diplomats meme occupations. And giving that I was born in a family without any significant connections, studying international relations actually was my best shot to get access to these positions.

> tfw being offered a software engineering job for a growing financial company

I think it's the best of both worlds but I am scared that in 10 years my nose will suddenly hook down and I'll suddenly give birth to a jap daughter, and not jap in the good, kawaii way

D-don't forget your roots when you are rich, user. O-okay?

>Thread about literature or philosophy.
Ten to twenty replies.
>Thread about IQ, university, or any frog thread
Over eighty replies.

>go to world-renowned stem school for free on a scholarship
>study physics
>currently studying for the physics gre and looking into astrophysics phd programs
>read and write for fun and to have some kind of creative hobby that keeps me in touch with culture
It's not that hard to live a normal, well-balanced life, gang

>It's not that hard to live a normal, well-balanced life, gang

I kno right

>grad student
>normal, well-balanced life
???

>>>>"""""""networking"""""""

Hey guys serious question here - I want to do my undergrad in EE b/c my sister works for an electronics company and can get me internships and a high paying job guaranteed once I get my bachelor's.

I'm really lit and interested in the humanities but when good things fall into your lap you take it.

I'm kind of a striver though and bored with ordinary experiences so after I get my degree I'd like to go ivy just to see what's going on over there.

question is what can I go to ivy for and what can I do to maximize my chances of admission?

As an applicant I'd be in my 30s with an engineering degree.

>>>>(((networking)))

Manhattan attorney here. Graduated near top of my class at a State school, Ivy law school.

Mfw my office is on the fourth floor, so when I jump I probably wont even die.

>the only bad failure's at something you knew wasn't worth doing in the first place

Wallace has quotes talking about how he just took the job at Pomona because he needed more stuff to do during the day. Read his biography if you think he worked hard at anything other than writing

wait is this sarcasm or...

I remember the thread you made you fucking loser.