Onion Sandwich

Is Veeky Forums aware of this Classic California Treat?

It's short, not so sweet and easy to make.

Let me show you how.

Onions are too strong for California soyboys though.

Exactly what fucking part of California do you live in? I've been living in LA County since 2002 and this is the first time I've heard of an onion sandwich.

Exhibit A

It's very important that you cut the onions thin so they'll stack well, but I like red onions so I cut em thick.

>2002

This is a dish that goes back further. I was born and raised in Cali, and we had this every other week. Made my chest grow hair, and my balls drop.

Teach me how to become a true Californian OP, my life depends on it

After you cut the onions you can add your condiments. In my youth only plain mustard was allowed, but I like to add horseradish, mayo and hot sauce.

The onions will cut through most anything, so be sure to add a lot.

>eating storebought mayo

Not even once

I'm on a diet, I needed to get lite mayo.

So, then it's pretty self explanatory; you stack the onions high on your sandwich. I put red in the middle to add some color otherwise it's just a big mess of white.

I now know what I'm gonna be eating for breakfast in a few hours

I've also been meaning tog sr some Sriacha for a while but I never really got around to it. I don't really know why I even like it though, t I'm assuming it's the balance of flavor and spice that makes me come back for more

It's the salt and garlic

It's easy to add onto any of my meals, which are usually healthy and a little bland.

So here we are, finished product. I forgot you can toast the bread, but at that point it's expected you'll add avocado.

post this on Veeky Forums with their ongoing onion meme, guaranteed 200+ replies

I am now more Californian than I was before I came to this thread. Only thing left for me to get even more Californian is to get an AR with those weird stocks

I think I will, thanks user.

Thanks for joining me on this recipe Veeky Forums hope you all enjoy the taste of Cali on the cheap!

I was also born and raised in Cali. Lived everywhere from Yuba City to LA and San Diego. Lived there my whole life up until earlier this year. I'm 100% certain this is a troll or some nasty niche local snack that a town in bumfuck nowhere up near oregon or out in El Centre made. Definitely not a California thing.

Did you draw out loss in ketchup on your cutting board?

Hmm looks good user but personally I would use a mixture of ketchip, mayo, potato chips and relish in the onion sanwhich!!

This fucking website.

My grandmother's family were poor immigrant farmers and they had to eat these.