The mental plenum native to the normie is a gentle sort of mindlessness, a post-intentional relationship with the world...

The mental plenum native to the normie is a gentle sort of mindlessness, a post-intentional relationship with the world, a denial of Being.

That the normie is denigrated reflects an inescapable envy for his overcoming of Samsara.

Other urls found in this thread:

hetza5721.tumblr.com/archive
youtube.com/watch?v=rMdf9AL_6Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

talk about post-intentionality you sexy mofo

>What do I care for your suffering?
>Pain, even agony,
>is no more than information before the senses,
>data fed to the computer of the mind.

>The lesson is simple:
>you have received the information,
>now act on it.
>Take control of the input
>and you shall become master of the output.

—Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang,
“Essays on Mind and Matter”
(The Virtual World)

>You can't overcome theory by making life into practice!
That's where you're wrong, xiaoren.

>master gong

i am seriously beginning to think having had deleuze uncork the mechanosphere for me (w/land first having terrified the living shit out of me enough to make me want to read him) that so much spec-real stuff just seems, i don't know, occasionally too masturbatory even for me
>tfw you are a skilled masturbator, with a very precise skillset, masturbatings that make me a nightmare for people like...hello? hello? damn, they hung up

china tho. china feels like the fucking promised land sometimes for some of this shit. i can't quite put my finger on why, it's partly because it's such a fucking floaty-world over there. chuang tzu feels like diogenes sometimes except instead of diogenes being in a barrel and a poor misunderstood dude searching for an honest man, something else...

so on the one hand it's fucking stupid to get all cosmic w/o digesting Lovecraft.Net or whatever. but there's also a horizon beyond which it doesn't make any sense either to just circle around and around the Door to Nothingness and all of that other shit w/in capitalism & landian fun.

economically, politically, historically - but specifically *phi*
*lo*
*soph*
*ic*
*ally*

china has a lot going on. and the chairman has some legit great other lines, although that one, i think, is my fave:

>If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang,
"Looking God in the Eye"

and he was the fucking *villain.* alpha centauri did nothing wrong.

all this to say:
teach me your ways,
"anonymous" senpai;
tell this brainless cakewit
of the waters of yr homeworld

you have a neckbeard and use glasses and are skinnyfat don't you?

>neckbeard
inbound. a few more days

>glasses
yes

>skinnyfat
there's no upper body definition going on but i have legit nice calves. the calves are fine. everything else is fucked but they can stay

anyways deleuze & the tao & buddhism & capital & confucius & the junzi tho

This is so fucking retarded. If the mind is a machine there is no you taking control of the input you only react to the input.

i should say that the Sexy Mofo i was referring to in my first post was OP and not the Chairman.

that said

>if the mind is a machine there is no you taking control of the input you only react to the input
well, unless:

>I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.
-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang,
"Essays on Mind and Matter"

let's not be too literal. for one thing, this is a video game (tho a very interesting one). i'm not advocating for Tuesdays With Yang. i put this up because OP's question was interesting and that quote suggested something that was sort of similar w/r/t post-intentionality: that is, understanding and responding to an always-already intentional world in a way that wasn't just more meme ressentiment or whatever.

buddhism is cool, and i don't really know all that much about it. i've spent my time instead dwelling on black hole weirdness & capital instead. buddhism (or confucius? ) is a better look. that's all.

i'm not so much into dwelling in permanent paranoia. prefer tranquility & flaky new age coolness.

I'm currently reading Xunzi and I find the shengren-junzi-xiaoren paradigm to be eerily similar to the übemensch-letzte mensch dichotomy. It also fits with what I'd talked to you about heroism. So my questions now are: Can one live without examples? Is a natural state main/attainable in a *meaningful* () way?

For the moment, I think a vaccine for the Landian horror is a sort of cishumanism a la Dune. Simply do not compete with machines. Given we're forseeing being capable of cloning limbs and organs and so on, there isn't a reason to become cyborgs; given the human form is weak anyway, there's no reason machines should use it. So we could make the body sacred, as Zhuangzi defines the spiritual man to be useless. Let the machines rule themselves, just make sure we don't get too spooked and have some sort of leverage. (Perhaps mechahelots? ..."mechelots"?)

The real question is (like you've said) on education. What food will people eat, what clothes will they wear, etc.?

Regardless, one thing we must adopt is the human mind and body not being separate, but being one single intelligence. Man is the measure! ...Man is the mean!
>Perhaps this is why I like the Cenobites and the Dark Eldar so much?
>Y'know, become the Horror.

But anyways, Xunzi is a blast. He's like the ultimate in feels-over-reals, and I feel I've been acting a lot of the things he recommends through my life already. Def gotta actually read Kongfuzi now. And a lot more. The road never ends. I never thought I imagine myself a ruist egoist... but taking it literally, it might be.

>"anonymous" senpai;
Let it be Quotes for short.

You're inferring Mind from Phenomenal behavior, which is wrong.

>xunzi (1)
i gotta read him again then. i recall loving the shit out of that book. my palimpsest forehead is wickedly overwritten now w/deleuze & others.
>back to the greeks some days
>back to the chinese others

> I find the shengren-junzi-xiaoren paradigm to be eerily similar to the übemensch-letzte mensch dichotomy
i'm lazy. would you mind giving me
>fuck man i can't believe i'm asking this
a Quick Rundown?
>aaaaah
>hate myself
i can read too ofc. but very briefly if you would.

>So my questions now are: Can one live without examples?
i don't think so. i think it leads to neurosis. it's partly why j-pete is here but there are other ways, non-jungian too, i think. but you have to *select* them. this is a thing i have Problems with. i just wind up falling in love with everything precisely *because* i don't have a steady model to build on, sometimes. except capital. but you know all this.

>For the moment, I think a vaccine for the Landian horror is a sort of cishumanism a la Dune.
hnng
>simply do not compete with machines
butlerian jihad tho. i'm with you on this, but herbert's thing was subtle: those mentats. about those guys. those human computer-advisors.
>and also dr. yueh & the Suk Training

>So we could make the body sacred, as Zhuangzi defines the spiritual man to be useless.
i like it/i don't understand it/i still like tho

>Let the machines rule themselves, just make sure we don't get too spooked and have some sort of leverage.
interesting af. seems sort of built for Interesting Encounters tho. as in, everything Nick Land wants to happen. the Outside trickles in &c.

>(Perhaps mechahelots? ..."mechelots"?)
my body is ready. i don't know if you're still working on fiction or w/ev but this kind of stuff works for me. fiction is cool. way way cool. if there are spartans & mechs & all the other shit we talk about i am just going to be there in the front row drooling & nodding & crushing popcorn into my mouth & talking to myself like a fucking mongoloid

>The real question is (like you've said) on education
yup

>Regardless, one thing we must adopt is the human mind and body not being separate, but being one single intelligence. Man is the measure! ...Man is the mean!
yes yes yes
yes yes yes
yes

Mind is only one thing. it has to be. even if it isn't i am all about that Get Over Yourself Ass-Face Fuck-Pleb or whatever. one big thing. one big mystery.

>>Perhaps this is why I like the Cenobites and the Dark Eldar so much?
>Y'know, become the Horror.
kek. i skew the other way: Let's All Love Each Other
>which leads to, probably, twice as much murder & death, just like ug krishnamurti - or marshall mcluhan - suggest. love is good but, as the wise man says, Darkness Is Your Ally

>xunzi (2)
going to brush up on my xunzi then. can in2 this.

>Let it be Quotes for short.
Quotes it is

whats video game

run don't walk. ignore crusty 98-era interface. enjoy best 4x game ever.

also featuring ultrabased qt gf aki-zeta 5

>Those who join us need only give up only half of their humanity- the illogical, ill-tempered, and disordered half, commonly thought of as 'right-brain' functioning. In exchange, the 'left-brain' capacities are increased to undreamed potentials. The tendency of Biologicals to cling instead to their individual personalities can only be attributed to archaic evolutionary tendencies.
--Prime Function Aki Zeta-5, "Convergence"

muh dick

>would you mind giving me
Shengren is the sage. The ultimate example. Junzi (gentleman) follows the sage as he know he's (at least for the moment) as capable. Xiaoren (petty man) is the guy who buys into astrology and physiognomy, you know the ones, the if-onlies.

>butlerian jihad
Yes. But doesn't the jihad base itself on human/machine competition based on computing?

>i don't know if you're still working on fiction or w/ev but this kind of stuff works for me.
Absolutely. If it wasn't for fiction I wouldn't be here thinking all this stuff.

>my body is ready.
Really it's all about having an outgroup.

>Let's All Love Each Other
I've never been a particularly violent person, but I've always had a strange fixation gore. Seeing people not so much murdered as being torn to shreds, not even sexually either (I didn't get into sexual humiliation until recently).

I think in the end, it's all about how you wanna die. If I can't come up with a game in which I can live indefinitely, perhaps I should try one in which I can fully die? Ah, but that still won't get me out of trouble... Well, trouble it is.

*not as capable

*fixation on gore

oh my god that picture. right in the fucking feels
get with hetza/hellshock if you haven't already

hetza5721.tumblr.com/archive

i don't know what vein of anime prophecy this guy has tapped into but it's fucking cool as hell. i read it all as this intimation of excess: that beyond a certain horizon the levees always break and the only way to go is to find some way to *love* the militarism of it. beyond even mercenary horseshit. dissipation & the rest.

of course, if he wasn't a cool-as-fuck artist it would just come out as meme propaganda. which it doesn't. anyways. happy browsing.

>Shengren is the sage. The ultimate example. Junzi (gentleman) follows the sage as he know he's (at least for the moment) as capable. Xiaoren (petty man) is the guy who buys into astrology and physiognomy, you know the ones, the if-onlies.
got it. and this is hindu dharma stuff too, iirc; there's a certain trajectory of life, stages through which one goes, through being a householder and finishing as a sage.

being a sage should be, in some sense, everybody's endgoal. i think i'm just stuck on that middle part, the householder part, because it's *complicated* and i'm *lazy.* hence the obsession w/capital & c. but this is all to be worked out, all to be overcome.

basically i would prefer to just shitpost myself into enlightenment and i know i can't. but this is not to say that there isn't mad enlightenment to be found v/shitposting.

>Yes. But doesn't the jihad base itself on human/machine competition based on computing?
i believe so, although i don't want to wade through those other shitty novels to find out. i think we can both spare ourselves this.

it is legit interesting stuff tho. heidegger sweats technology and herbert sweats machine intelligence. land tried not to sweat it & we know how that worked. Computing a thing. on one side the autists and on the other the schizophrenics. it's why that cool middle way that isn't a fuckface/cynical/meme/&c way is such a good look.

dem paths of excess, dem palaces of wisdom.

>Really it's all about having an out group.
true.

>I've never been a particularly violent person, but I've always had a strange fixation gore. Seeing people not so much murdered as being torn to shreds, not even sexually either (I didn't get into sexual humiliation until recently).
it is what it is. o that unconscious. spice of life.
>discipline & punish a thing. foucault is dope to read too sometimes

>I think in the end, it's all about how you wanna die.
i do too. massumi talks about this, the need for dissipation. wabi-sabi evanescence &c.

>f I can't come up with a game in which I can live indefinitely, perhaps I should try one in which I can fully die?
ego death > irl death obv
>tfw ywn never ego death
>y even not live

>Ah, but that still won't get me out of trouble... Well, trouble it is.
>but where the danger is, also grows the saving power. - holderlin

pic fucking rel. your image is fucking insanely wonderful, by the way. it is literally impossible to conflate dune/trump and not produce Fun.

the whole thing with Trump/Dune is that House Trump is equal parts Atreides, Harkonnen & Imperials. Barron is mos def a good look for Leto II, psychic-god emperor. i'm fine with this. the donald himself is equal parts harkonnen/atreides and justifiably has that purple hair.

bannon: mentat
kushner: also mentat?
ivanka: i used to think that she would be a good cast for Paul, b/c she was The Trump That Everyone Could Agree On, but...well. who knows.

putin: ???
xi jinping: ???
assange: ???

zizek: zizek. even in an alternate universe he would still be zizek. wandering around in the desert somewhere. maybe liet-kynes and watching sand worms and saying
>you know *sniff* with the sandworms we can observe what lacan called a radical break in the symbolic order. something here *sniff* breaks through the desert of our unconscious minds. what i am proposing here is something much more *sniff* radical than riding the sandworms to the imperial palace. what i wish to ask is *sniff*

imperial politics. Make Arrakis Great Again. it will never be boring. ever. ever ever.

you just have to see it.

>and also fucking hell i *can't read japanese* for the love of max stirner tell me what it says

the sad fact is that somehow we wound up in an alternate universe were Star Wars is the go-to for references &c when Dune was always by a *country mile* the more interesting sci-fi epic. too ahead of the game to be understood then. maybe too ahead of the game to be understood now. star wars has it all going on for the lovey-dovey boomer generation but i will take all things dune in a hot second over all things jedi/sith. the most interesting parts of star wars all have to do with the galactic empire, and how the fuck they manage to find insurance companies to underwrite the death stars that keep getting blown up. but it's all Evil Galactic Economics &c.

dune tho. herbert was a god-tier poet/visionary seer. we shit on this stuff b/c we think, oh, well, *somebody* had to write that stuff. but everything that is cliche is only cliche because it is almost hard to imagine a universe in which that cliche would *not* be there...

dune. dune dune. so good. so fucking good.

>i don't know what vein of anime prophecy this guy has tapped into but it's fucking cool as hell.
That's hot.

Military otaku is weird in general. It's this sort selfaware-but-not-really way of thinking. They're ironically the only ones in their country thinking about this stuff. And somehow the violent ones are the train otaku... go figure.

>being a sage should be, in some sense, everybody's endgoal.
Yeah. I'm still banking on shitty education here. Somehow everybody's got to be Mozart for some reason. It's like we think we're in the stone age and have to have all skills on the planet with us. Which is impossible with how much our species has multiplied. Also inefficient. But even if we're going to accept hierarchies inside hierarchies, we still need an übermensch to put the whole thing together--but then I'm not sure if that is necessarily a maximal persona, like Peterson would say.

But in our particulra cases, we're impatient because we've been in on the mysteries too fast. You gotta go die in the woods when you're an old man, not when you're barely an adult. Otherwise where's the tragedy in a suicide?

>the sad fact is that somehow we wound up in an alternate universe were Star Wars is the go-to for references &c when Dune was always by a *country mile* the more interesting sci-fi epic.
It all happened when Jodorowsky's Dune went under. They had fucking Dali on board. Even if it wasn't gonig to be 1-to-1 it would have spiked interest. But all that just disseminated in the pop ocean. Giger and the folks he met there went on to make Alien... and so it goes.

The saddest thing about Star Wars is that it could have been better. It just got too big for its own sake.

But we're bringing the band back together.
That's from Gundam doe. Still, Gundam is something that's pretty pertinent as the thing that more or less outweighted Star Wars in Japan. Space Nazis, human adaptation to space, mechs adapting to humans in space, humans being modified to adapt to mechs adapted to humans in space... Nazis being the sexiest thing ever as the franchise goes along, Char going genocidal by trying to follow father's dream, Jewpiter being Jewpiter. It's a pity it's also one of those cases of being too big to be easily digestable. I wonder if there's a comprehensive guide to the setting somewhere in there so people don't have to go through 200+ chapters just for UC. Gotta ask /m/ some time.

The latest series actually had a setting which was similar to what I was talking about, in which machines got so good at killing people had to become enhanced and the outlaw the whole thing.

>that picture

>shitty education
my thing also. i fucked mine up completely. i've fucked it up even more since then too by realizing that *university doesn't have the answers.* the clusterfuck redpill of clusterfuck redpills. nobody does. unless you do.

think for yourself, they say. keep an open mind. oh indeed. education is really more about craziness control than Liberation. two centuries of baked-in gnostic marxism.

~a brief aside~
there’s a reason badiou loves mao. it’s not about capitalism at all. it’s about talking about capitalism as a means to making an argument for authority. he says that being a rebel, a militant, and so on, is about Love and all the rest: but what’s the endgame?

isn’t it this? makes you wonder -

zhang yimou poked under the hood of this in Hero, the secret & fatal alliance between the sovereign & the anarch. the sovereign has to voluntarily be martyred by the state for the good of the realm. the emperor doesn’t want to kill him, but he’s beholden to the crowd; and Nameless doesn’t want to die, but what else is he going to do? grow rice and quote the tao?

communism/capitalism form, on the horizon, a nearly perfect circuit. it’s the world we live in, today. the alternative is Chaos; and RG knows what happens in Chaos. it’s all right for nomads, like deleuze; for the State it’s anathema.

~we now return to our regularly scheduled shitposting~

>everybody's got to be Mozart
dat american exceptionalism. well-intentioned. terribly misleading.

>It's like we think we're in the stone age and have to have all skills on the planet with us. Which is impossible with how much our species has multiplied. Also inefficient.
no fucking shit. you know who saw this coming? fucking wilber. the mean green meme. shilling for wilber is the most difficult shill i can do, b/c California Buddhism is flaky. but still tho. he understood this, or partly.

>we still need an übermensch to put the whole thing together--but then I'm not sure if that is necessarily a maximal persona, like Peterson would say.
i have a marked susceptibility to cult leaders & charismatics. i don't know what this means. but i mos def have one. something like an *ubermind* or *ubersensibility* - projects for the agoge, for Thief School, maybe.
>the owl and the hare

>we're impatient because we've been in on the mysteries too fast.
this.

>otherwise where's the tragedy in a suicide?
i fucking feel this one, "".

>jodorowsky
>too big
this also. art and hubris, man. art and hubris.

the band
dat techno-space orchestra

>comprehensive guide
would be interested in this also.

>so good at killing people had to become enhanced and the outlaw the whole thing
good art always has something about survival instincts in it. Spectacle just goes hand in glove with Decadence. which is where we are presently at. let's see people getting *fucked up* and surviving.
>art: "a human being did that!" - charles murray

>this shirt
>would wear
>see also CHOAM

if nick land is right, the human hive really is where it's at, whether as prelude to or final form of Big Capital. we'll see how much of an outlier Trump is and whether or not he can change this or not change this.

but again this stuff is just interesting to think about. capitalism makes sense when it finishes as capitalism with chinese characteristics; and capitalism with chinese characteristics makes sense when it's chairman yang in charge; and when it's chairman yang in charge he listens to the tao, and perhaps nothing else, for instruction.

we are in that world, i think, or heading towards it. that is one big strong centre of meme gravity. we can be outliers, out here on the fringe, or anonymous minions, or whatever.

in the end it's a good look to just be a small-town country doctor i think and maybe not think about it so much. just a nice quiet lighthouse keeper with perhaps a modest string of royalties coming from some balls-out wicked manga. maybe a cryptically good screenplay, now and again. some ambient music, perhaps.

dat buddha.

>ultimately the greatest threat to this mission is not the structural damage sustained by the ship but the crews we've awoken prematurely to repair it. not only do they suffer from incivility, temptation, lack of discipline, and selfishness, but also their psyches cannot handle the stresses of space habitation. i am not just recommending but rather requesting authorization for neural regulation of the workers before their short-sightedness jeopardizes the entire unity project

--Chief of Security Sheng-Ji Yang,
"Recommendations to the Captain"

ITT: Fun

>i fucked mine up completely.
Yup. Didn't think there was any reason why you should get As and Bs eh?

>*university doesn't have the answers.*
The West is like that kid who couldn't stop asking questions but nobody slapped. The poor thing hasn't even had any human contact really.

Why do you even wanna know why Froot Loops taste like they do li'l Timmy? It's food, you eat it! What do you mean the Jews put something in it?

I think the Renaissance fucked us up the most. The David is cool and all, but Greek statues had color. And making Jesus ripped doesn't make any sense.

>Hero
Wanna watch this now.

>something like an *ubermind* or *ubersensibility*
If we're going to have an übermensch, it's going to be a design baby. But I don't want that because it will make everything even more automatized. I don't want Kal-El at the top because that would just be Darkseid. Superman isn't saving the world--Lex Luthor is.

>dat techno-space orchestra
youtube.com/watch?v=rMdf9AL_6Bw

>would be interested in this also.
You could watch the compilation movies, though to me they aren't really a replacement due to Tomino's almost-SoL style. If you just want a nice, welldone story of how aesthetics can ruin lives, watch 0080.

>when it's chairman yang in charge he listens to the tao, and perhaps nothing else, for instruction.
Xunzi's really given me a perspective on this. Education is important. It's not just important for bodily survival, it's essential for communication. Without a network of shared narratives you can't have metaphors, you can't have ingroups or outgroups, you can't have society. Every civilization has had one these. People like recording things: it's a testament to this that not only did all civilizations through the Old World adopt writing, but that complex systems of recording developped separately in the New World. Isn't it also telling that when that happened people banked on the mirage of one single ancient civilization? Even Evola wanted this to be the case; and I don't think it's just because he was racist.

>we can be outliers, out here on the fringe
But the barbarians always return. I don't think that's the way of a Tathagata.

The question might be: What are we willing to leave outside? One can't be a ruist and not be impertinent, nor a daoist and not be irresponsible. What are we going to leave outside and who are we going to assign to it.

That's amazing. We can repair the ship but we can't repair the people.

friendly reminder also that Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - pbui - is based on pic rel. just in case there was insufficient evidence for putting on gold miniature replicas of frank herbert's testicles in a maester-style daisy chain the next time one is thinking about writing some short fiction.

cult of herbert: intensified.

>Didn't think there was any reason why you should get As and Bs eh?
i was a shit student in school in fucking everything because i couldn't stop thinking about philosophy. you know how much philosophy i wound up studying? almost zero. b/c i didn't figure it out until afterwards. my transcripts are a portrait of absolute mediocrity. and my head is full of cotton balls.

>The West is like that kid who couldn't stop asking questions but nobody slapped.
it slapped itself. it can't *stop* slapping itself. it slaps itself into things undreamed-of.

>I think the Renaissance fucked us up the most. >and making Jesus ripped doesn't make any sense.
>ywn never see sylvester stallone in: the passion of the christ, first holy blood part 2
>shredded jesus goes behind enemy lines and forgives the fucking faces off the viet cong
>&c

>wanna watch this now
it's very good. zhang yimou is an auteur. some of it is just spectacle, but the bigger stuff is pretty interesting. an auteur makes state propaganda, always going to be a good look.

>superman isn't saving the world--Lex Luthor is
they made a good call casting eisenberg as luthor in the recent batman/superman film. lex luthor used to be a Cackling Villain; now he's just another version of zuckerberg, supervillains for the last man era.

>sun ra
nice
>herb
also nice
youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI

>0080
thank ye sir

>xunzi
fucking hell. ok. backlogging the rest, will re-read xunzi again for this. the girardfag must cyberneticize & must sinify himself.

>What are we willing to leave outside?
snakeskin former selves is the only answer i can give here atm. will have to think on this tho.

>What are we going to leave outside and who are we going to assign to it
it's all for the agoge. academy 2.0. the final test: *prove* you are not insane.
>or this:
>so we are robots already. but this is not the thing. the idea is to upgrade to a more complex model. the factory factorizes you, and dispenses with you. the whole idea here is to stay one step more complex than the program.
>you can't know if you are a robot or not; or, rather, zizek-style, if you are a Moron or an Idiot. you just have to upgrade the Stupid until it's almost indistinguishable from the Not Stupid
>and this happens, i submit, through psychoanalysis, but also ethics, virtue
>and the whole fucking history of philosophy
>plus also, uh, gymnastics i guess
>and operation of a bolt-action rifle
>hmm and also space engineering
>ok so uh let me get a notepad here or something

seriously tho. *how to not get replaced by the robot coming to replace you* - we can spend all day on this topic, and this topic alone.

>We can repair the ship but we can't repair the people
and the structural damage to the ship is driving the people inside quietly insane as they are told, repeatedly, Don't Be Alarmed, There Is Nothing To See Here

>raise the straight and put them above the crooked, so that they may straighten the crooked - confucius

it's September. in May there's a track and field competition with the school across the river. you're the coach. this is who you will be competing against. last year he looked like Wall-E. your school beat the pants off them. you, team meatbag, won a shiny gold trophy and a dozen pizzas from costco.

this year they are back and you have to compete again. oh and, by the way, if you lose, the rival school gets to put you into slavery forever working in a mine in central africa for a Foxconn subcontractor. it's in the fine print. comes with the job of being a coach. so basically you have to keep winning an infinite number of shiny golden trophies not because the trophies matter but because ultimately failing to win the trophy means Game Over. it doesn't happen all at once. but it will happen. because, for some inexplicable reason, the people really love those races. they sell a lot of sponsorships, energy drinks, and chicken wings.

something like that, anyways. things to talk about in the agoge.

you know who was pretty good in a race, tho? i mean, if we could swap in a ringer? fucking pic rel. either, really. but more the guy on the left.

and for more reasons than just being fleet of foot. b/c if he *lost* - well, he would just pick up his spear, and *hurl* that that spear - right through the fucking chest of that robot. a loss, then, obviously by disqualification. and the trophy awarded to a shredded lump of metal that used to be RelayBot or Bolt
>def Bolt
and the team of men in white lab coats who built it.

but i mean, as losses go, tell me you wouldn't want to watch that happen. the Achaeans, man. you just can't hate on the Achaeans.

Stability means effort is bound. There is no unbound effort.

So the effort part must remain unconscious, unbound.