looks like salisbury steak

>Drunk as fuck in Tokyo
>3am
>Not tired yet
>See Denny's
>Craving for greasy burger and hashbrowns
>Take a seat and look at menu
>It's all hamburgers in gravy

Got up and left without ordering in the end. Japanese food is fucking awesome but that was just weird.

It's normal to serve hamburger patties in Japan as a main course, with sauces or other things on top of them, serves on a plate. For example:

dennys.jp/menu/hamburg/

The Japanese says a beef steak like a hamburg steak.
However, on the translation site, it is said that this name can not be accessed by Westerners.
The most similar thing is British Salisbury steak.
In fact, Japanese do not know the name Salisbury steak.

>not poking a chopstick through the burg lengthways and using it as a meat straw to drink the gravy, then eating the burg in two bites while offending everyone in ear shot while you as the way to the closest soap house in female anime character slang.

Hamburg steak in Japan.

>In fact, Japanese do not know the name Salisbury steak.

I'd love to hear them pronounce it.
>Sarusubari steak

>British Salisbury steak
That isn't a British thing tho m8

The hamburg steak is too familiar with Japan, and I do not know exactly which country's food it was originally from.
About words, it will be a problem of translation software.

served with a loofah

Why do asians ruin their meat with too much sauce

It is 580 yen with rice.

>hamburg steak
>salisbury steak
Because calling it meatloaf doesn't sound as nice I guess.

Prolly about the only thing I've ordered with chicken katsu, yakitori and large servings of rice (and lots and lots of beer and stout and the occasional sake) whenever I'm going to them izakaya

They're cheap, filling and tasty. And they're not the "acquired taste" kind of food as well (unlike shit like raw fish); I think any westerners who have no idea how japanese food taste like will like the food

pic related

those "hamburg" meals are garbage, but everyone should try tonkatsu, which is pork cutlet with hot mustard based on Portuguese recipe. this was my favorite thing to eat in Nippon land, though the ones ive found here in the states are never juicy and soft enough to tear apart with your chopsticks

this reminds me. I once ate one of these hamburger steak meals at Joyful (a "western" diner) in Japan in a small town by myself. About halfway through the meal I notice two Japanese girls taking my picture with their cellphones from another table.
all I did was do the peace sign while not looking at them which sent them into hysterics when they noticed on their phones I had noticed them. about the only time being treated like an alien in japan felt cute, though I wish I had maybe hit on their naive inaka asses further.

Hamburg steak tastes completely different from meatloaf.

Is that you, Japanese moot? Gib money.

Japanese food is garbage. If it was a form of European cuisine, nobody would pay it the time of day. But because it fits the cute, quirky Japanese narrative of being strange and exotic people eat it up.

That's quite funny actually I might do that next time

Everyone but brainwashed weebs knows this, but remember where you are.

this, japanese food usually consists of redundant flavors and leave you hungry 90% of the time. It's a fucking meme

is this a contrarian circle jerk mutual blowie circle or samefag blowing himself while giving himself an anal handie?

>hanbaagaa
>hanbaagu
>tfw Japan has a larger hamburger lexicon than America

I bet you had to search for hours to find a reaction image that wasn't some disgusting moeshit.

What is this thread talking about?

>literally the same shit my boomer grandad eats and fucking K&W
Small world.

no, thoughtful ralph is one of the more common memes on Veeky Forums, newfriend. how many days have you been visiting this site?
about some faggot sticking his hand up his ass to samefag

Not that user but it's true. Japanese cuisine sucks in general. Hell, half the posts in this thread are 'japanese meals' that are based around ground beef that didn't develop.

this thread is about japanese takes on the hamburger meal. the "meals" are just one meal.
honestly, im not some japanophile or anything, but you idiots being ignorant of an entire cuisine doesnt mean that cuisine doesnt exist, and what you get in your average american restaurant, is a crap version of whats made in other parts of the world. try and travel a little when you grow up, buddy.