Is it possible to live a literary life (reading a lot, writing) in the military...

Is it possible to live a literary life (reading a lot, writing) in the military? I'm wondering whether I should join or not after I finish college, so that I can grow as a person and experience more of the world than the wage slave life, but I have the suspicion that I might be romanticizing this thing a bit too much as well. What does Veeky Forums think? Anyone in the military here?

try the redpill instead idiot

>doesn't want to be a wage slave
>wants to be a slave in military
???

>masculinity and fighting for whiteness is 'slavery'

your inferior of mind

Trading in one master for another doesn't make you free

Get your spooks out of here

>being enslaved by abstract concepts isn't 'slavery'

>slavery is "masculine" and good for whiteness

try the redpill libcuck

If you're white and redpilled, I'd say do it. We need people like that in there. Might suck if Trumpism doesn't work out and you get stuck fighting in another ZOG war, though. The military would likely give you plenty time to pursue your literary interests as well.

Countless authors had military backgrounds. If anything it's an especially good place to get well travelled and gain some insight into a part of life most have very little exposure to. There are boring lulls all the time encouraging you to write as well.

Depends on what writing you want to do though. Writing in general is a pretty joke career choice, extremely few winners lots of losers and writing jobs are only shrinking notably military related ones like journalism.

Helps if a war is actually going on.

I was in mandatory conscription. Read Hyperion, Palahniuk and bunch of Iain M. Banks there from the library available. Pretty much a jail except you have to do lot of shit, unless you're waiting indefinitely for something to happen.

>masculinity and fighting for whiteness is 'slavery'
That's actually pretty spot on, completely arbitrary concepts which are used to fool those with inferior minds.

No.
American military is for niggers spics and white trash.
It's literally bottom of the barrel tier.

Going to college and THEN joining the military is pants-on-heads retarded, btw.
If you had your heart so set on larping as muh WARRIOR then you should have put in your 4 years first and then went to college for free.

>going to the sandbox and getting blown up to "grow as a person"
>literary

>joining (US?) military
>fighting for whiteness

pick one. America is an oil company with an army. If you want to waste your life lining elite's pockets with shekels, go ahead. There is war to be fought at home.

try the redpill

Already been in the military, continuing to support it is the bluest of pills one can swallow.

You don't appreciate being among strong white men and being without women, just strong powerful men together in solidarity, because you're a brainwashed liberal idiot who thinks masculinity and whiteness is evil

Join the Russian army

>hurr durr le ironic portrayal of ideology

It's obvious what you're doing and no one thinks it's amusing or interesting in the least.

>anyone who disagrees with my parochial view of the world must be joking

Enjoy the next 8 years, sweety

Nope. Once you join the military you're not allowed to read.

>Dying for whiteness
>Dying for masculinity

says who

>I'm wondering whether I should join or not after I finish college
Why? Why not try to get a job and gain experience? Then use money to gain more experience doing other things i.e travel? What's your degree?

> so that I can grow as a person and experience more of the world than the wage slave life
ahahahahaha. Do you think you'll be doing awesome things in the military? Since we are not in a war, the military life is just like a wage slave civ life. You may very well be sitting in some outpost, scraping paint off something, or working a desk job. You'll deal with lots of dumb people, some of them will be your superiors. The military is boring.

I'd only imagine you "gaining experience" if you join SOF or become some kind of human intel guy, talking to the locals, maybe.

dude there's even a book about it

They made us read Rifleman Dodd in boot camp when I was in the marines.

That's about all I got.

>commissioned officer
Patrician
>noncom
Borderline
>recruit
Pleb

Depends on which job you enlist for and which unit you're sent to. Navy and air force are right out. I was Army Intel. Yes, it's possible to read and write while in. First duty station work cycle was basically 5am to 5pm most of the time. I spent spare hours reading and boozing. Next duty station I arrived as a sergeant and work left me with only a couple hours a day to myself. All I can say is go army or marines. You want the real military experience.

Hey OP. user here who is in the process of trying to commission in the Army. Not totally sold on it though. Originally was thinking Navy since they need pilots, but the odds of me flying something cool are like 5% and it basically 8 years active when you factor in training.

Now I'm considering National Guard instead.

Anyways. if you enlist and go combat arms most of your day (especially infantry) will be doing menial tasks that mean nothing and just sitting around for hours on end. There is definitely a lot of down time.
You could certainly fill that time with reading and writing. Especially on a deployment.
That being said, we are not at war. So unless you plan on going Ranger or 11x option to go into special forces, you will be doing just about nothing all the time except for cleaning your gun.

Also don't listen to these spineless faggots. You are more likely to die being a fisherman or a lumberjack or oil driller than a soldier. In fact the most dangerous year of our Iraq/Afgh. conflict we had like 56 deaths per 100k. and 65% of deaths are accidents. Remember, you are on the winning team here.

Also the bennies are huge, and pay isn't actually all that bad if you save your money. Remember you pay for practically nothing.

Save and invest your salary. 4 years go by fast.

Also get the post 9/11 GI bill, go to school for free. I plan on going for Masters while serving, if I go active, probably the MBA program through Vanderbilt.

But remember, you do give up alot as well. You like smoking pot? Not anymore. You like lounging around and not being told what to do? Not anymore.

If you want to travel, loadmaster in the airforce and Navy are best bets.

Score as high as you can on your asvab to get higher sign on bonuses, and have more options in jobs and units.

Don't the Jews control the military industrial complex?

Well considering that I read literally 4 of Plato's dialogues today while sitting around watching SI, I've traveled all over, and met tons of interesting and cool people, I'd say yes.
That being said you're a faggot and shouldn't join.

Yes, you often have long periods of downtime for yourself. It's generally a better way of coping rather than drinking or doing dumbshit.

It's possible, but why join up to potentially kill strangers on government orders in a time, like now, when the nation isn't in any sort of serious external danger?

He won't be killing shit. Most MOS's don't have anything to do with killing and the ones that do are not doing that as of now. Unless he goes Spec OPs.

thank you for your insight.