Bread Machines

Are they worth getting? Or what is the best most convenient way to make your own bread?

Other urls found in this thread:

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/app/d/breadman-bread-machine/6401416125.html
longisland.craigslist.org/app/d/west-bend-bakers-choice-plus/6400398051.html
longisland.craigslist.org/app/d/toastmaster-bread-machine/6400407222.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Every January craigslist has dozens of these for like $10

I've got one that I use in the summer when I don't want to heat up my apartment, otherwise a cast iron dutch oven inside an actual oven is better

They're alright for kneading though if you're doing a dough recipe that requires it. Food processor will do almost the same thing

they're easy to use: you just dump the ingredients in, turn it on, and then you've got a loaf of bread a few hours later. you're stuck with one loaf shape if you bake it in the machine though.

My dad uses one all the time but his bread always comes out awful. Not sure if it's him or the machine.

Good for reasonable bread with almost no effort once you work out some good recipes. I tend to inhale most of the loaf while it's still warm with lots of butter.

Could be hes not using the right flour or yeast or the hes killing the yeast

the one i had, every loaf came out really dense and crumbly. i didn't like it, i tried tons of different things like flour, temperature, etc.
i ended up just throwing it out

they are worth it for me because I only have a toaster oven and can't make my own bread any other way.

I am always surprised about how much salt I need to add in order to prevent it from tasting like shit.

>Every January craigslist has dozens of these for like $10
This is a lie, why do people lie about craigslist prices?

You're right I lied, you don't need to wait for Jaunary
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/app/d/breadman-bread-machine/6401416125.html
longisland.craigslist.org/app/d/west-bend-bakers-choice-plus/6400398051.html
longisland.craigslist.org/app/d/toastmaster-bread-machine/6400407222.html

Granted I live in flyoverville, but you can find these at literally 80% of garage sales for $10.00, so why would you think $10.00 is high on cegslist?

t. Garage sale whorehound

I use one but only because I can't be bothered standing around proofing and then baking bread. I mix it in my kitchenaid stand mixer first though because they do a terrible job of kneading bread. Get a second hand one if possible.

Also I take the blades because they leave such giant gaping holes in the bread and they're not necessary if you've pre kneaded.

$40 used bread machines nobody has used in 4 years on sale for $10. What a steal. Do you also marvel at clothing for sale at salvation army for $5?

You're the one who was bitching about sky-high prices for used appliances, user. Sorry for proving you wrong
>nobody has used in 4 years
Are you going to eat it, or make bread with it?

It wasn't me complaining about the price of breadmakers, I was pointing out your idiocy. Thats like others pointing out new Honda Civics are $40,000, then you pointing out a used one on CL for $4000 and its the same car and does the same thing.

Stop being a jackass.

Im in CT and I find these prices to be correct. I see lots of them at Savers and Goodwill as well. I have one in my basement but I never use it. I prefer to make pasta instead of bread.

Nobody said anything about "new", Dr. Hawking. Your text-to-speech unit must be acting up.
>muh civic
>muh drifting
Nobody cares

If you buy 2nd hand, which I recommend, make sure the nonstick is still ok or you'll fuck up your loaves trying to remove them from the tin.

>are bread machines worth it?
Niggruh, yes, an oven is worth it. You can even make other stuff with it.

Great for kneading dough. Don't bake bread in them. Most bread machines will knead about 1000g of dough. Tip: use oil and cornmeal on bread-pans to prevent sticking. I also sprinkle cornmeal on trays to prevent sticking.

Who the fuck eats bread anymore???

How does a bread machines kneading compare to that of a stand mixer? It's hard to imagine that the little paddles can actually knead dough