Lmao

Lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/unmournable-bodies
youtube.com/watch?v=3WorbiE1WL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he didn't unsubscribe to the New Yorker after their Charlie Hebdo article

link

I feel like I'm in some alternate reality where people aren't supposed to criticize the president, especially on Veeky Forums

I... what? You can go ahead and do that on /pol/, nothing's stopping you.

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/unmournable-bodies

fuck off back to /tv/, virgin

If you know that I occasionally post on /tv/ then that means that you also post there. So fuck off back to your pedoboard

"President Trump"- 7 months later, it's still got a ring to it
youtube.com/watch?v=3WorbiE1WL8
is this thread's theme music

By this logic I, as a Catholic, should be able to beat up the artist behind Piss Christ because the level of blasphemy and offense of my culture surpasses acceptable limits.

It doesn't count because dominant power structures, systemic oppression, colonial legacy, etc. Only counts when the victims are brown or women.

>I feel like I'm in some alternate reality where people aren't supposed to criticize the president, especially on Veeky Forums
What are you talking about? Bashing the president is in vogue if you're a vapid normie. Everybody else has either gotten tired of the constant uproar or is a genuine Trump supporter.

you have to go back

Literary culture is 99.999 % IYIs

You can, but it's such a reddit thing to do most people don't do it.

iz thjat toiler paper?

>nothing but criticism of him 24/7
>le suppressed voices of dissent

This was a decent read

Nowhere in the article did it say the killers were justified

The problems are that he claims that the satire Charlie Hebdo printed was racist, which it wasn't. And he thinks that Western speech hypocrisy sort of exonerates the people who attacked that paper's free speech, as if an ideal being imperfectly enforced should therefore suggest that that ideal should never be enforced in the first place.

I thought it was more about how we should be just as angered when free speech is attacked by a western government. But I see your point, the guy who responded to you made it sound like it was going to say that the writers deserved it for not being respectful enough.

Maybe it's simplistic, but I think that the only reasonable initial reaction our culture can have when attacked by outsiders isn't "what did we do to deserve this," but "how do we protect ourselves and punish the people who did it." And it wasn't even an attack on a military base carrying out drone strikes, or an attack on government officials who they thought were oppressing them, it was an attack on a Left wing magazine for publishing what they considered to be blasphemous content. You can't equivocate when it comes to religiously-motivated attacks; they're inherently unreasonable and indefensible.

Sure, but I never saw him try to defend the attackers or make them seem reasonable. He only pointed out that Charlie Hebdo has a history of publishing racy stuff, and that militant Muslims aren't the most pressing threat to freedom of speech.

But you see a lot of people do it so it's like totally uncool to do it. Therefore we must vigorously praise the incompetent billionaire and shout down all dissenters cause, like, it's just not cool to dissent. Alt right is the new punk rock.

>Charlie Hebdo has a history of publishing racy stuff
The fact that he thinks that that's a relevant fact is itself a form of victim-blaming. You can shamelessly use the opportunity of an attack on the West to attack the West, I don't care, but talking about the content Charlie Hebdo put out in order to "contextualize" the attacks is a method of exonerating the people who carried out those attacks. You have to be unequivocal about this sort of stuff. The author claims to be pro-free speech by agreeing with the ACLU's decision to defend neo-Nazis, but then goes on to talk about Islamophobia as if that's a relevant factor when it comes to defending Charlie Hebdo.

In other words, the West should do a better job of protecting free speech whomever it comes from, but Charlie Hebdo was Islamophobic. It's the "rape is bad, but look what she was wearing" argument.

Veeky Forums has always been about contrarianism. The Trump worship is just the latest manifestation of it.

>people actually believe this and think people don't actually support him completely of their own volition

That's not Jeff Sessions

>being a newfriend

He is making America great again you ungrateful aids faced fag.

I don't see how you can, with how incompetent, immoral, and unstable he's been

nobody can be that stupid.

Lets see which tranny the dems nominate

Who said I was pro-trans. As a poorfag I think it's smarter to just be androgynous and gay. But it's also impossibly for any non-trans person to empathize with a trans

He is one of those things. But you read like someone who reads too much into the news.

>heh I sure showed him damn summerfags
The void you hurtle towards is all you deserve

Trump criticism has been a 24/7 thing for over 2 years now.
The surprising thing is that Trump is still winning big, not the reverse.

Why not just enjoy his antics? Trump is a real life shitposter after all.

DUMP TRUMP
TRUMP'S A CHUMP

Kek how's that non existent trump care working out for you, faggot

>1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual...