Rice Cooker Recipes

What are some of your favorite things to make in rice cookers?

Whenever I'm running late I just go a mix up a bunch of chopped veggies with some bits of cooked chicken in the rice cooker with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic and a sesame oil.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I00uy0ssPP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holy shit that's simplistic as fuck. I should try this. What do you say to avoid putting in?

Don't go too crazy on this. Make sure you don't add anything that you're not supposed to steam.

>Whenever I'm running late

Why would you choose the slower method of cooking rice if you are late?

You're a lazy millenial cunt if you use a rice cooker, bread maker, or microwave.

Crockpot, too.

Basmati, butter, salt, cilantro flakes, anise seed. I should really branch out from that though.

Rice mostly. It must be my favorite since I make it every fucking day.

Stop posting on anime image boards grandpa you'll miss happy hour at Luby's.

So I guess Martha Stewart is a lazy millenial cunt now.

Nah man, rice cooker are dope and so are crockpots.

Microwaves on the other hand are trash. I never use em.

Rice Cookers are for Dorms. Everyone says, but but but asians. No. They know how to cook rice. If you use a rice cooker, you're a boring dilettante 20 something.

youtu.be/I00uy0ssPP0

I make oatmeal in mine overnight everyday. Rice cooker cheesecake is really good.

Don't most dorms ban rice cookers and pretty much anything other than a microwave these days?

All the Chinese I know, which live in China, use a rice cooker

>asians dont use rice cookers
holy shit kek

>Rice Cookers are for Dorms. Everyone says, but but but asians. No. They know how to cook rice. If you use a rice cooker, you're a boring dilettante 20 something.
The only Asian people who cook rice the traditional way are old people who can't technology.

How fucking old are you

Coconut milk and "Pandan" leaves.

One of my old roommates was a second-generation immigrant. his parents had a big ass Zojirushi, the first one I'd ever seen in person.
Of course they knew how to make rice in a pot. No shit. But they ate rice with EVERY meal, like most actual Asians. So it makes sense for them to have an appliance that can make an entire day's worth of rice at one time.

oh and while I'm thinking about it they also covered their ENTIRE stove in tinfoil. apparently that's also really common

>my mom uses all of those
>she's 60
Really makes you think.

I'm Asian and grew up in a household with a rice cooker. We steam rice, yes, for sticky rice, but that's only for celebration--it dries out so quick it's not a practical thing to cook. You're assuming that the only appeal of a ricecooker is that it cooks rice automatically. Much of the appeal of a ricecooker is the same as that of, say, a slowcooker, crockpot.

You're also a lazy millenial cunt if you use a stovetop, oven, or fire.

"If you have a rice cooker it means you don't know how to cook rice" is like "if you have a glass it means you don't know how to put your mouth under the faucet"

I've seen a bit of a craze lately with sticking a whole tomato in with the rice, then throwing veg or whatever on top with a little S&P.
I tried it. Surprisingly good. Just smush the tomato up when it's done and mix it with the rice.

Yeah I'm sure you're a real hard worker, teach me how to be a tough man like you.

Says the faggot that has never cooked a single meal in his pathetic kissless life.

Hey, buddy. Don't lump us kissless virgins in with that fag. I eat out no more than twice a week, and not having any social life to waste time and money on means I can spend my resources on better ingredients and a greater variety.

Lol this fag uses glasses to drink water

Sometimes I just load it with pearl barley and lentils with beef stock and some random spices and make this weird porridge stuff that gives me good feels because it's healthy

>I eat out no more than twice a week
Jesus, do Americans really cook this little?

>better ingredients
Papa John?

bread

i dont have one with a timer, could i just throw in veggies and switch it to cook?

how much water do you put in?